main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The true meaning of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jedi_Master_Ban, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Ban

Jedi_Master_Ban Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    This theory is just that, merely a theory and nothing else about possible realistic truths about the Jedi.

The jedi have always been defined as defenders of the galaxy and maintainers of the mystical force.But, did lucas have a special meaning behing the lightsaber-wielding warriors? Some possible explainations may bring us back to the orginal warriors of honor the samurai. Like the jedi, The samurai honored their lord(the government) at any cost, yet also governed themslves idealy.Another theory lies within the dark tale of the crusades, some speculate that the jedi are a refelction of the christain crusaders the Knight's Templar. There devotion to their religion, as well as pursuit of manipulators of the force is a distrubing resembelance. Perhaps Lucas is trying to teach us that beliefs should never be inflicted on others no matter how honorable they may intend to be.I urge anyone to respond to this and add or debate any statement i have made here.

2. Ghetto-Wookie

Ghetto-Wookie Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    It's possible...You never can know what's going through Lucas' head...

"Meditate on this, I will."

3. DarthSyphus

DarthSyphus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I think that there were multiple orders of Force adepts in the past, similar to the various orders of Crusaders, the various monastic orders etc. Due to technological progress, faith in the Force diminished, so in the end, the Jedi and the Sith were the only ones that remained, and even they were viewed as an anachronism by the most scientifically-minded.

I think it's instructive about how easily the populace were convinced that the Jedi were enemies. There was probably resentment about the Jedi even before Sidious came into the picture and started stirring things up. Most people didn't trust the Jedi and thought it was lots of "simple tricks".

4. Mace_Winfield

Mace_Winfield Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Lets start with this: Anakin was a virgin birth, clearly alluding to the OTHER virgin birth.

Just like Jesus in the bible, Anakin built robots and grew up podracing for his freedom. So the Jedi are like the Isralites, and the Sith are modern day Palestine.

5. trueknight

trueknight Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    lucas got his insperation form samuria films or so ive heard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.