main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The true power of Sith Lightning

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by yoshifett, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    mace seemed beyond stunned....i saw his skull....palps/sids totally weakened him - ripe for that out of the park home run throw. mace was actually almost helpless at this point and you could see in palps' face that he was employing the full power of sith lightning, and enjoying it, i might add. actually from this point on sidious is having a field day - he has waited and plotted for this day a long, long time.. and it couldn't have gone any better than it did (well, he wanted anakin in better condition but he certainly made the best of that - turning vader even darker with the news of the demise of padme). he did look and sound like he was having the time of his life. cackle cackle - defeated even yoda.

2. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    he did look and sound like he was having the time of his life. cackle cackle - defeated even yoda.

That is my Favorite part of the Palpatine/Sideous Character in those scenes. he is having the time of his life. he's out there, and he'e loving it!!. [face_laugh]

3. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005

4. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    and by the Time of ROTJ look how far little Luke had come =D= . but yes,It makes complete sense that as the Ultimate Darkside User ,Palp's Lightning would be Devastating!.

5. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Screw the lightsaber if I was a Sith I Sith I would just use force lighting and force choke on everybody.

I think force lightning is the most lethal force user move. It can kill or it just can stun you. Once you got hit with it ther is no way out( unless your dad picks up the guy who is using it and throws him down a shaft.).

6. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005

That's what i'm talking about. Have some crackhead coming at cha like he's all bad and everything with a saber and just take him out with lightning like Indiana Jones and that mofo with the sword. Just shoot 'em.

7. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Well, unfortunately, except for Luke, the Palpatine's either dealing with a) A Jedi with a saber or b) Yoda, who can deflect it with his hands.

How does he make Mace fly so far though? It just blows me away.

8. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    maybe sith lightening has something to do with the schwarz, this little video shows Yoda's reaction to Palp's

EDIT: Sorry, not appropriate.

;)

9. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    dude!. [face_laugh]

10. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Wow, what'd I miss!

11. overmydeadbody

overmydeadbody Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2004
    You do know that George left Mace's fate open so various EU series could be written about his exploits in the Outer Rim during the time of the Empire, hunting down Dark Jedi and getting caught up with Bothans and the like.

12. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Once more the EU will rule the boards and we will have...mace windu.[face_mischief]

Is this true? It's expected but a little silly.

13. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Mace can live as long as he wants to in the EU, but as far as the movies are concerned.... He's dead.

14. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    This is like asking superman about his laser eyes.

15. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    I dunno, I always assumed that he launched Mace because he didn't want to deal with the awkwardness of a dead, smoking body in the middle of the office.

Anakin: Uh... you... you cooked him good.
    Sidious: Smell the power of the dark side.

Sure, there was the Loser Patrol, but they were in another room.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So funny cause it's true. :p

Anyway, Sith Lightning is designed to kill your opponet, since that's all Palpatine was doing to Luke. Killing him slowly. With Mace, he had made his point and sent him sailing out into the wild blue yonder. Mostly, I think Lucas did that to demonstrate that Mace is dead and not coming back.

17. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    Sith lightining is overrated. Force choke is far more impressive in my opinion. The choke is just as deadly and can't be reflected back with a lightsaber. I agree that the lightining is more painful but both powers can be used as a form of torture.

18. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    ...to crash lifelessly somewhere in the vast cityscape below.
    this could indicate that he was dead before h hit the ground.
    but then again, it might just be a description of how he was knocked out and close to death...

in the end, i think lightning is quite powerful once your opponent is defenseless. this has been illustrated rather well in the films.

about sidious not lightning mace to death... i think that was a strategic choice. don't think sidious would risk anakin changing his mind and helping mace out. he's a confused boy and the risk is simply not worth it.

and to add... it's a powerful weapon, but not an ultimate one. at least not against jedi like yoda and mace.

19. CousinofGrievous

CousinofGrievous Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    I don't neccessarily think that comparing Sids use of lightning in ROTS to ROTJ is fair comparison. For one, Mace had been fighting for some time and by the time he was defenseless he had had his hand cut off. Luke on the otherhand, while he didnt have a lightsaber was at full strength. Also from ROTJ, Luke's resistance to the lightning seems to be an abnormality. Palps expected Luke to die but yet he did not. His facial expressions and anger seemed to indicate that Luke was not normal. Also, in ROTS it was obvious that the lightning used against Yoda was a stun effect becuase Palps wouldn't try to fry him dead and then continue to talk to them...

"I have been waiting a long time for this...my little green friend. Ummm...Yoda....you there? Well that escalated quickly..."

20. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    This is a Saga Forum topic. I'm moving the thread to the Saga Forum.

21. Scorch62Delta

Scorch62Delta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2005
    That is one thing I have always wondered: why don't Sith just always use Choke instead of Lightning, we see that Lightning can be blocked with a saber and with hands like Yoda, so why doesn't Vader use Force Choke on Obi like Dooku does or even see Sids use it, since we never see a way of defending that attack.

Sidious Lightning is alot more powerful than Dooku's that is why Yoda was able to absorb the blast from Dooku and send it back alot easier than with Sidious. Obi was also further away from Dooku than Mace was from Sids so that makes it harder to block the full force of it at that range.

22. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Well, not everyone can block or deflect it. Anakin had a lightsaber and he got fried by Dooku. It also seems to vary by strength: Obi-Wan didn't have much trouble absorbing it into his lightsaber and Yoda tossed it back like it was nothing. But then bring in Sidious, who is not only stronger than Dooku but more skilled in Sith arts, and Mace has to struggle to block the lightning (and then deflect it), and even Yoda has to put some effort into blocking it. From what I can tell, not just anyone can block it.

Also, I don't think Force choke is an actual skill that needs to be taught and practiced. It's just using the Force to choke. Since we've never seen it used on a Jedi, we don't know that maybe they have a way to counter it. Anakin and Obi-Wan were able to have a Force-push standoff and block each other, so I'm sure a Jedi with enough skill and some quick reflexes could shrug off a Force choke.

23. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    But the thing is, we never see someone who is actually killed by force lightning, except when Sidious uses it to throw Mace way the **** out there into the skyline of coruscant.

24. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005

You mean heat-beam eyes [face_shame_on_you] :p

25. Seperatist

Seperatist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    It seems like it's just a great amount of Force energy that's being thrusted out someone hand/fingers/palms visualized as lightning.
    Dooku's Force Lightning may not seem as powerfull as Sidious' because he only uses on hand and Sidious has always used both of his hands.

-S-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.