The TRUE skinny on lanyard troubles

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Ithorian, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just a curiosity thing. I ordered my pass today, but even though I was logged in and have been in the Fan Club for years, my cart didn't show the lanyard. I've written to Wizards about it, but no response yet. This happen to anyone else?
  2. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I called WOTC today concerning the lanyard thing. I'm not currently a fan club member, but plan to join soon. They told me that if you take paperwork proving you're a member they can give you a lanyard at the door. Maybe that's what you'll have to do.

!snap
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Call 1-800-true-fan tomorrow during regular business hours. They can add you to the members only part of their website and I'm sure they can fix the issue regarding your lanyard.
  4. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK, thanks, guys. I'm already a member on the members only part of the site, though. Not sure why it didn't pop it up, but I'll call in the morning if I haven't heard anything from my e-mail.

Paperwork, though, may be a problem, if I need it. I don't really have any to speak of. When I reupped to the fan club, they didn't send me much of anything, not even my membership card. I think maybe it was because it was in that transition period when Wizards was about to take over.

Anyway, I'll get this sorted out. . . I hope. :mad:

EDIT: OK, here's the skinny: I called WOTC, and the rep told me that there will be people at the will call table with lanyards. IF you are a member, all you need to show them is proof of your identity. They will have a master list of members there, so they can look your name up and give you the lanyard.

Whew! :)
  5. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got mine okay. I had to buy a membership for a person going with me, though. I didn't get the lanyard with her's. I had to have a phone rep. cancel that order, and I had to register an account for her and buy her membership with that account. Then, I had to place another order with her account for the ticket. It was a bit of a pain. At least she got to use her $10 membership discount on the ticket, though.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Regardless they should have you on record as a member.
  7. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    I placed my order last night for 3 tickets and it only put one lanyard in my cart. I changed it to 3 and it didn't complain and my order confirmation says 3 lanyards. I guess I'll see when my tickets arrive.

Anyone else do the hotel thing? I called and talked to Connie last night (wonderful lady). As of that time, they had sold out 1 of the 14 hotels they have booked, they Hyatt. I got a room at the Crowne Plaza, one of hotels directly connected to the ICC.
  8. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    1 of 14 so far, huh? Not bad I guess. I need to get on top of that today. Gotta get this flight situation figured out too. Looks like it's gonna be over $300 per person from So California. I have no idea what's normal; I've never travelled (except by bus to the 1st SWC). But I want dirt cheap rates, man, considering the current dangers of flying. :mad:
  9. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Check lowestfares.com. My parents seem to have good luck getting good prices on flights through them. I'd also hit expedia.com, as they have good rates too.
  10. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    I tried expedia and travelocity. I'll check lowestfares, thanks.
  11. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I posted this link in the "Register Thread", but for anyone else who's getting ready to register, add the lanyard to your shopping cart here.

Crown Plaza is a nice hotel on Pan American Plaza between Union Station and the RCA Dome. Given it's location, calling it "connected" to ICC means going thru a tunnels and hallways, so it's probably easier just to cross the street and walk a block north to the entrance. Actually spent my wedding night in one of the train car room suites at Crown Plaza, a very cool (but expensive) way to stay the night, but a nice hotel regardless.
  12. Lost in Coruscant Jedi Knight

star 2
    What the hell is a lanyard?
  13. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    How does one prove he's a member? I have my membership card I got when I started getting the Insider and it's got my member number on it. Is that what I need?
  14. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    A lanyard is a strap that your pass will hang on. It's made to wear around your neck, like a backstage pass at a concert.

Sithman, you're asking about proving you're a member at the event? You'll do that with your special lanyard.
  15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    How does one get a special lanyard? BTW, is being an "Member of the Offical Fan Club" mean when you register online or by getting the Insider? I do both, but I just want to know. :)
  16. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    BTW, what's the difference between a 3 day pass "Will Call" and a 3 day pass "Shipped".

Uhhhhh, I want to order mine today, so I'd like to know the difference. :)
  17. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    D'oh! I just figured it out! I'm definitely getting mine shipped to me. :D
  18. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    It used to be that if you subscribe, you're a member. But since Wizards took over, you subscribe for $19.95 or you're a fan club member for $29.95. :mad: Members of course, get a subscription, too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.