main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "The True Way" [NJO AU - Solos, Skywalkers, Vong, Imperials] *TRIPLE UPDATE* 18th April - FINALLY!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    me haven't heard theorie

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Ask the Ewok sometime, Mag....it's quite interesting, really.

And he's honestly not THAT scary.

Just a little scary.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
  4. Myria

Myria Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
    I like it.

You could make a fun RPG about this AU.

I assumed TL was mad at Anakin for playing around with machine-gadget things...?

More soon?

Pleeaase?

5. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Jes, Mag, and Red:

Thrawn isn't scary - in fact, he's so nice, he has to employ an assasin to do his dirty work for him!

All he'll do if you ask is either tell you outright or do his Ben Kenobi/Thrawn impression, and that's not scary, just inscrutable.

Thrawn:

Um, I'm not sure how you work that... in various 'fics, I have one shaped Solobrat, one Slayer clone, and one Tahiriinakin... only Kunra could really be compared, even intermittently, with Anakin in this 'fic, and even he's "Vong!Anakin" for totally different reasons...

Let's face it - you're fascinated by the post-vong galaxy. And since you're an A/T shipper in denial, you write a million AUs to make up for the fact the A in A/T is dead.

The first thing you have to do to find a cure is admit you have a problem...

But, yeah. I write Anakin a lot. All the best people do - you should try it...

That sounded like a challenge...

I accept. The next thing I post will be an A/T - and non-AU A/T, just to make it harder.

So there. *sticks tongue out defiantely*

You think it gets easier?!

It's not the work that bothers me, it's the quantity. There are only so many hours in a day, after all...

Elena

Elena

Hey, where's the update?

6. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Yes, I've read the whole thing. I found it rather disturbing... I think the various OMG!!!! reactions kind of influenced me. It's still very, very, very strange.

Edit- Ewok, scary? Nah. Just a little off.

7. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Elena...I don't find McEwok scary at all...usually he amuses me. :D

8. EwoksLover

EwoksLover Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2005
    <delurk>
    Hey. Hands off, children. The Ewok's mine!!

**hugs Ewok fiercely**

:p [face_laugh] :D :cool: @};- [face_mischief]
    </relurk>

9. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Unfunny, Ewok. *tries not to laugh* You had that same quote in your sig.

10. EwoksLover

EwoksLover Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2005
    It's there for a reason, darling! ;)

11. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Either a sock or a very deranged fan. Hmmm... maybe it's my altar ego... No, too nice. Definately McEwok.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Elena

12. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    I would say something....

....but I can't say it any better than Elena did.

So, yeah...what she said.

13. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I don't think Ewok is scary either. Never did.

Completely utterly schizophrenically deranged, yes.

But scary, nah.

As for the rest..

Yeah... not saying a word...

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah, McEwok's tendency to surround himself with the completely insane lives on. :p

15. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Ah, McEwok's tendency to surround himself with the completely insane lives on. :p

Hey, I resemble that remark! :p

16. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    And yeah, the AU'ism does go that far back...
    I can feel my mind's wheels churning...there is a theory working it's way to the surface of my conscious mind...if only I could see it...something about the YV invasion taking place before the Thrawn crisis...but the kids are Solos...so it can't be that the YV helped the alliance defeat the Imp's and Leia married the warmaster instead of Han...maybe the YV helped the republic battle the original Thrawn...no, that's not it either...

*digs threw books looking for Black Fleet series*...???bought them, but didn't read them, typical...could hints be there be here...no

OK...I'm gonna go out ona limb here: In this AU plot TMcE has created the invasion happend when the Solo kids were very young and Leia, being Chief of State, brokered the deal fo peace with the Vong. Luke and Han thought she was wrong for doing so and took off, taking Jacen with them becasue he was the most Force sensitive of the three children. Leia and the warmaster fell in love and married, joining the galaxy and the invaders literally and figuratively (ewh, creative spelling time). the Jedi were originally tolerated, but the warmaster blames them for the death of his wife and now that he controls the galaxy, has banned them becasue of what they did to Leia.

oh...on to other topics for now

OK...now you're just screwing with me.
    In the light of what follows, that could be misinterpreted!

*Preggers scratches head, deep in thought, knowing she should be able to interpret that oblique hint of what?s to come*

Based on the examples you gave?I?m apparently very naive with regards to interspecies and AU ?ships in fanfic?so I gave the list a good going over and have these thoughts:
    Han/Mara not very interesting?a lot of posing and bluster to hide their soft underbellies would go on
    Kyp/Kyrn *hides face in embarrassment* I don?t know who she is?
    Jaina/Falleen OC if I understood the scenes in Book 1 of the Clone Wars trade paperback?a Falleen with anyone would be within the realm of possibility given the whole mind control by pheromone ability they all possess.
    Tahiri/Zekk well?we all know I love Tahiri with almost anyone (except below) as long as Tahiri is gettin? some *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
    Jacen/Alema In Star By Star, Chapter 14.01 Tahi very eloquently wrote ?Alema is like the town speeder bike, she?d let anybody ride her?and this has basically become my image of her so anyone with Alema doesn?t surprise me and as so many people have written Jacen, I can see him with a Twi?lek that rocks his world?so to speak?and doesn?t demand that he be decisive about anything in life.
    Nom Anor/Tahiri Stockholm Syndrome anyone?
    Jaina/Lowie This I totally see. He?d be forever faithful, protective and if he did try to boss him around she could just turn off Em TeeDee.
    Thrawn/Isard Having just read A Working Relationship[i/]?I get this
    Asyr/Chewie I don?t know who Asyr is?but it seems wrong for Lowie to be with anyone other than Jaina?

And I was just starting to try and make my own list of TMcE's "unconventional 'ships" for you, Preggers, but I see now that he's already beat me to it
    Scoundrel *hugs* thanks for thinking of me!

on the current 'fic structure, stuff that might make sense should come in... seven posts' time!
    TMcE = el Diablo nin?o...I have to wait that long?

you might be interested to know that my profile has finally been updated with a partial list of my 'fics
    Yeah!!! You listen so well

Han and Farmboy are together, and they've tried to bring up Jacen between them...
    Suddenly this is sounding Greek?as in Ancient Greek

Hmm? That whole thing about important traits tending to skip generations?
    Is Jacen Dark???

EwoksLover Where should I send your copy of Conscience Of The King?

Wow?this thread sure has got tangential?

17. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Scoundrel: Ah.

Yeah... :) [face_mischief] :D

Hey, I'm just happy I was close! :D

Yay! [face_dancing]

Hey, you mean that this particular plot bunny is going to make it beyond a few posts? :D [face_dancing]

Um, nope... some things about Ree should become clearer, and I might do like I'm planning to with Complications and make it the first of a series, but this AU could run... [face_mischief] :D

Lucky it has strong legs, like its mother... ;)

I'd be disappointed if there were just a simple answer.

Yay! :D

Boy, I just keep walking right into those, don't I?

*tonk*

Um, yeah... :p [face_worried]

:rolleyes: Like I just said . . . [face_laugh]

:eek: Scoundrel!! :eek:

Easy! :_| :-S :((

*hugs!* [:D]

Jes', RG, Mag: what am I going to do with you three... [face_frustrated] :p [face_laugh]

Myria: I like it.

You could make a fun RPG about this AU.

You could, too. Hmm. Anyone up for helping make a small bucket to throw into George's sandbox? :-D

I assumed TL was mad at Anakin for playing around with machine-gadget things...?[/i

Hmm, nope. Anakin is as Vong as the next Vong when it comes to machines. His 'saber is entirely biotech, as is the flitter...

More soon?

Pleeaase?

[face_blush] Oh, all right... :D

Elena: Thrawn isn't scary - in fact, he's so nice, he has to employ an assasin to do his dirty work for him!

**note to others: that's what I want her to think**

But, um, yeah...? :confused: :p

All he'll do if you ask is either tell you outright or do his Ben Kenobi/Thrawn impression, and that's not scary, just inscrutable.

o_O Indeed? [face_thinking]

Let's face it - you're fascinated by the post-vong galaxy. And since you're an A/T shipper in denial, you write a million AUs to make up for the fact the A in A/T is dead.

Well, I can either use a perfectly-designed canon character (Kunra :p), or else OCs... and there's only so many variations on a theme you can play with (Lance, Finn, Gry, Finn again) before it starts getting raspy and repetitive...

The first thing you have to do to find a cure is admit you have a problem...

Hmm, but is the excessive A/T the problem, or a symptom; and if it's a symptom, is it necessarily bad, or simply my defences in action?

**wanders through to fix himself a Scotch**

[Don't do this at home, children... ;) :p :cool:]

That sounded like a challenge...

I accept. The next thing I post will be an A/T - and non-AU A/T, just to make it harder.

So there. *sticks tongue out defiantely*

[face_laugh] :eek: [face_worried] o_O

:D Yay! [face_dancing]

It's not the work that bothers me, it's the quantity. There are only so many hours in a day, after all...

And they don't get any shorter as you grow older... [face_frustrated]

Hey, where's the update?

Um, back thattaway? The Scooby Gang were probably making noise, so you wandered past to see what all the fuss was about... [face_mischief] :p

EL: :eek: [face_laugh] [:D]

Priceless! :D

[Wouldn't you guys all like to know... [face_thinking] [face_mischief] :p [face_whistling]]

Elena: Either a sock or a very deranged fan. Hmmm... maybe it's my altar ego... No, too nice. Definately McEwok.

Hmm... so, you're admitting to be a deranged fan of the Ewok? :p [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*hugs* o_O :cool:

Spike: Ah, McEwok's tendency to surround himself with the completely insane lives on. :p

Yub yub! :D [face_laugh]

*hugs everyone's shins*

Scoundrel: Hey, I resemble that remark! :p

[face_laugh] :_| Yep - in a good way! :D

pregnantpadme: I can feel my mind's wheels churning...there is a theory working it's way to the surface of my conscious mind...if only I could see it...something about the YV invasion taking place before the Thrawn crisis...but the kids are Solos...so it can't be that the YV helped the alliance defeat the Imp's and Leia married the warmaster instead of Han...maybe the YV helped the republic battle the original Thrawn...no, that's not it either...

18. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    [You're one sick puppy... and I'm even sicker for analyzing this]

Elena

19. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    So now McEwok has made a sock that's his "lover" o_O So many jokes :p

Glad to see your stories put in your profile now, Thrawn :) will definitely make it easier to hunt them down now.

20. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Jes', RG, Mag: what am I going to do with you three...

Wait? That's all we get? All that and we get one lously sentence in your massive reply?

I'm insulted.

*walks away*

21. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    So now McEwok has made a sock that's his "lover"

TMcE: Was ^ that what you were refering to when you said things were looking up?

And, ehm, were's an update????

22. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    *waves hand in front of PP's face* There is no update.
    *giggles at Red* Haha, Ewok. You're toast.

23. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Elena: [You're one sick puppy... and I'm even sicker for analyzing this]

:D Yep... and yep... [face_laugh]

YK: now McEwok has made a sock that's his "lover" o_O So many jokes :p

Nope, but, yep... :p

Glad to see your stories put in your profile now, Thrawn :) will definitely make it easier to hunt them down now.

[face_blush] Hmm... you don't think some of them should best stay hidden?

Wait? That's all we get? All that and we get one lously sentence in your massive reply?

Well, it was kinda long. Short and sweet seemed appropriate...

I'm insulted.

*walks away*

Heh. Trying to get my attention, were you? o_O [face_mischief] :p

Was ^ that what you were refering to when you said things were looking up?

*glances up*

Hmhm? o_O

And, ehm, were's an update????

Soon? It's kinda tricky, this next one - Kin/Ree Vongmush... [face_mischief] [face_blush] :)

fb: *waves hand in front of PP's face* There is no update.

Hah!

*giggles at Red* Haha, Ewok. You're toast.

*brushes crumbs out of hair*

Nahh. Just kipping in the oven again... o_O

- The Imperial Ewok

24. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    Oh... this isn't gonna end well, and I'm gonna get addicted like I did with UV by -Tenel-Ka-...

Oh what the kriff!

I'll read... once you come out with an update.

25. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    *blinks*

Did I kill it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.