main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Truth Is Always Greater - A Jacen Solo post NJO Vignette Part 3 Posted: 3/17/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Johnson, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I've put this plot bunny off long enough and with the board split, I've lost my reasons to delay. So I guess I'll start posting this. :) Its still in pieces, so I'll post each piece as I finish it.

J_J

NOTE: Excerpts have been taken from Traitor and Force Heretic I: Remnant and are presented in the forms of flashback. SW and all characters are the property of LFL and the great flanneled one himself Mr. George Lucas. I'm just playing in his world. So... please don't sue me.

The Truth is Always Greater

They came years ago with no warning. Planet by planet the galaxy fell under their power. They carved a path of destruction into the core of the galaxy, to the precious jewel of the Republic, Coruscant. Countless lives were lost as the planet fell into their hands and became something new? something different. The Yuuzhan Vong changed the galaxy shaping it into something new, changing the perceptions of everyone. As awe-inspiring an accomplishment this maybe there is something else they were responsible for shaping. Something greater in the grand scheme of things. The rogue Jedi Vergere used the Yuuzhan Vong to accomplish a goal of a much grander scale. The invaders were used to shape the young Jedi Jacen Solo into something new, something truly different and in turn they were altering the galaxy on a completely different scale.

Years passed and many more lives were lost before the war between the Yuuzhan Vong and the galaxy ended. The planet Coruscant, shaped into the new world of Yuuzhan?tar, fell but this time to the hands of the people who had first abandoned it. The capital of the galaxy was battered and broken, and then forgotten with the prospect of peace on the horizon. The Jedi Knights, under the joint leadership of Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo, helped to spread this fledgling peace throughout the galaxy as people came together to rebuild their shattered lives. But during this time of peace something has continued to grow on the shattered world of Yuuzhan?tar, something that can only be found by one man. Jacen Solo, the man who was responsible for the shaping of the planet has returned to the only place he can call home.

With a flash of light a tiny ship emerged from hyperspace. Inside the cockpit, the pilot?s eyes snapped open to survey his surroundings. The tiny X-Wing slowed to stop as the man surveyed the wreckage surrounding him. Pieces of ship debris, both metal and coral, filled the orbit of the planet. Jacen Solo frowned; he was definitely home again, back to Coruscant. Even after 10 years the devastation still remained. A pang of regret filled the Jedi, he had been responsible for much of what happened to this planet. It was Jacen Solo who had fought most vehemently to save this planet from complete destruction. He?d accomplished his goal, but barely.

Tentatively he reached for the hollow in his chest reopening senses he hadn?t for what seemed like forever. His mind flared as the vibrant presence of the dhuryam that became the World Brain of Yuuzahn?tar flooded his vongsense. The Jedi closed his eyes trying to survive the onslaught of feelings and emotions that threatened to overwhelm him. After what seemed like hours the flow of powerful emotions fell quiet. The dhuryam filled Jacen?s mind with a feeling of befuddlement. Jacen smiled slightly, ?Yes I?m back.? He whispered knowing that the World Brain could read his thoughts. A feeling of joy spread throughout the Jedi?s mind and he could sense the World Brain?s relief that he had returned. ?Did you send for me?? he asked. The World Brain?s confusion filled his mind, and Jacen knew that the World Brain was confused by his question.

With a sigh, Jacen returned his focus to the debris filled space around him. It seemed the World Brain wasn?t responsible for his urge to return, but if it wasn?t the World Brain, what was responsible for calling him back to Yuuzahn?tar? The Jedi shook hi

2. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Great start! Very :cool: idea!

3. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Awesome work JJ! :D I love it!

4. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Nice work, JJ! You have me ensnared here :p

5. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, I am writing a new section right now. It should be up soon... I hope. I promise this part will be longer too. Thank you all so much for reading.

lightsaber_wielder: I'd been toying with this idea for a while. I finally got the ideas scripted so that I could write it. Thanks for the compliment. :)

JPS: Thanks. [face_blush]

Saber-of-Light: I hope you stay ensnared too. :p

J_J

6. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Here is the new part.. :)

J_J

The fighter rattled as it streaked through the atmosphere. With the Force aiding his reflexes Jacen was able to maneuver around the battle debris. As the X-Wing continued to streak through the sky, the Jedi looked at his sensors, trying to evaluate how much the planet had recovered over the last ten years. But something caught his eye, a deep crater with no vegetation or animal life in it. Before he knew what was happening the X-Wing changed course headed for the crater. The World Brain hadn?t seen Jacen in years, it could afford to wait a few hours more while Jacen checked this out. It was strange Jacen reflected, that in the years since the war most of the life had grown back, but this one place remained devoid of life. Jacen reached out with his Forces senses and sighed, he knew exactly where he was headed now. He was headed to a place where his life had changed in ways he had never known possible.

The former sight of the Jedi Temple was an imposing sight, and Jacen could feel the power still radiating from it. As his X-Wing settled to the ground he reached underneath his robes, pulling his lightsaber from his belt. The weapon would do him no good against the energies coursing through this place, but for some reason it calmed his nerves. The cockpit hatch hissed open and Jacen slid out of his fighter and to the ground. He turned to look at his astromech peering down at him.

?Stay with the ship R4. If anything seems?? the Jedi paused looking for the right word, ?strange contact me on my commlink. The droid tooted an affirmative and the Jedi turned and began his descent into the crater. The darkness permeating the Force threatened to overwhelm him, but Jacen knew he had nothing to fear. ?There is no darkside.? he whispered quietly remembering the words of his former teacher.

Vergere, the thought of her made the Jedi?s doubts dwindle. The last time he had been here, it had been with her and he had lost control of himself. But then he had been a boy, unsure of himself and the powers he controlled. His time with Vergere had forced him to grow up and accept his place in the galaxy. Vergere had guided him through the darkness, but this time Jacen Solo was alone.

It had been years since he had heard his teacher?s voice but as he descended into the darkness he could hear her once more. Her voice whispered in the back of his mind. ?You have always been alone, Jacen Solo. Even in the midst of your family and friends. Even when you touched the Force. You have always been set apart, distanced, separated and alone through no choice or action of your own.? Jacen?s lips curled into a smile, funny how even after Vergere had left him her words still shaped this thoughts and feelings. Perhaps in a way he had truly been alone when he first came here.

The bottom of the crater was mostly clear, with only the occasional piece of debris. But once the Jedi found himself at the bottom he had no idea what to do next. He gazed around trying to see anything that would have drawn him back to his own personal hell, but there was nothing just as he had seen with both the Force and his vongsense.

The Jedi sighed and pulled his commlink from his belt, ?R4, it seems like I wasted my time coming down here. Is there anything going on up there?? The droid blatted a definite negative and Jacen felt his spirits sink. What could have motivated him to waste this much time? ?Okay R4, I?m on my way back up. Get the engines ready to go I shouldn?t be long.? Jacen flipped of the commlink and returned it to his belt. He paused and looked around one last time, trying to avoid the nagging feelings screaming at him that he should leave.

?I knew you would come. It was only a matter of time,? a quiet voice echoed. Jacen reached out with his senses, both Force and vong looking for the source of the voice, but finding nothing. ?I?ve been calling to you for weeks. It certainly took you long

7. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Great post, JJ! :D Wow, who is it? Could it be Tahiri? The scars seem like hers ;) I will definately be back for more! :)

~JPS~

8. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe Anakin? That would be interesting. Whoever it is, great fic so far. Keep it up.

9. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    There will be a new post tonight, I'm typing it right now in fact. :)

JPS: I can't say who it is... it would ruin the surprise. ;)

Nitro: Thanks for the compliments. :) I hope i can keep this interesting.

J_J

10. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    The new post has arrived. ;)

J_J

The shadow stepped forward again, bringing the rest of their face into focus. ?So, you do remember me? I was beginning to think you had forgotten all about me.? There was no mistaking the bitterness that filled the voice, and Jacen found himself unable to speak. ?Did you ever try to find out what happened? Did you Jacen??

Jacen nodded slowly, ?Of course I looked for you. We all looked for you. No matter how much you denied it you were always been part of our family Tahiri.?

She shuddered at the mention of her name and glared at the Jedi. ?The Tahiri you knew is nothing but a ghost.? Seeing his puzzled gaze she explained, ?A lot can change in twelve years.? Her pale blue eyes seemed to bore right through Jacen, penetrating his very soul and again, he found himself unable to speak, or even avert his gaze. He watched as her eyes shifted to look at the lightsaber in his hand. She smiled slightly almost mockingly, ?Either use it or put it away.?

Moving slowly he returned the handgrip to his belt, and cleared his throat. ?What happened to you Tahiri??

She interrupted scowling at him, ?I don?t go by the name Tahiri anymore, I haven?t for years. Weren?t you listening??

Jacen bowed his head slightly trying to maintain a neutral tone despite his growing exasperation, ?My apologies??

?Yu?Shaa? that is my name now.?

Yu?Shaa, the name sounded familiar to Jacen, and he could feel the Force directing him to a time in his past, where he could find answers. Knowing the Force is guiding him Jacen Solo releases his grip on reality and falls into the flow of the force.

With a flash, Jacen Solo fell back into the past. Before him he saw something he had never expected to see again. A time when the Force had forsaken him, a time when he was too delirious with pain to even think straight. Jacen Solo looked across the depth of space to glimpse upon his own haggard face, wracked in pain. He was back on the seed ship, before the first part of his ?education? had begun. Jacen looked upon himself suspended in the Embrace Of Pain.

?Everything I tell you is a lie.? A familiar voice echoed from across the room. He turned slowly and felt and smile tug on his lips. Even if it was only a dream his heart warmed at seeing Vergere alive and well again, even if it was only in a vision.

A pain wracked voice filled the air, ?Why?? Jacen turned and saw himself gazing intently at Vergere. After a few seconds the strength seemed to leave him and he saw his former self lower his head. By the look in his eyes Jacen could tell that the pain had overwhelmed his former self.

He turned back to Vergere and saw her crest darken as she gazed upon the battered Jedi, an obvious sign of her own discomfort in Jacen?s shaping. ?Because young Solo, the truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it. One day you will understand and then you will be the bridge between the two people of the galaxy. The people need a Yu?Shaa, a prophet to guide them.? She frowned slightly, ?But I fear you may not be this prophet, that I may have been wrong in my guess.? Jacen watched as Vergere kneeled before his battered body. ?You understand don?t you??

The tide of the Force reached out and grabbed him again, pulling him back to the present. Taking a deep breath Jacen Solo opened his eyes again. ?So you?re the prophet? It wasn?t me, Vergere was right all along.?

Tahiri, bowed her head slightly, ?I have been called by many names. Yu?Shaa or the Prophet as you put it is what I answer to now.? She continued to glare at him with her ice cold eyes.

?The prophet for what Tah? Yu?Shaa?? he asked all the while trying to avoid her cold stare, a stare so very different than the gaze that he remembered.

?Come, I will show you as my master has commanded.? She turned and walked into the darkness, while Jacen hesitated. Turning she raised an eyebrow looking hauntingly similar to the girl Jacen

11. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hmm.... intriguing....

Looks good! Yu'Shaa, eh? Can't wait to see more.

12. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **clucks tongue** Bad Tahir- I mean, Yu'Shaa. :p

Great posts!

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    He he he, I knew it :p Lol, very cool new name she's picked up for herself ;) More soon, JJ? :D

~JPS~

14. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    J_J, very nice so far!!

Just wanted let ya know I was around! :)

_PSK_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.