main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Truth Shall Set You Free (Obi-Qui AU) Author's note 8/7/08! Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    dimyavie: *is extremely happy* Qui took Obi as his Padawan!!!! You have no idea how happy that makes me! lol.

I have a pretty good idea! ;)

Valairy_Scot: Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope that you continue to enjoy this story as much as I am enjoying yours! Thanks so much for reading! [:D]

Glenstorm: But what does this dark figure have in store?

You'll have to wait until the sequel for that!;)

(Shouts into computer) Obi-Wan is not Xanatos, Qui-Gon! Listen to Mace and Yoda and remember that, don't give this mystery man an opportunity to sew seeds of mistrust.

So,you shout at your computer too? Maybe Qui-Gon will listen to you. Again, you probably won't find out until the sequel.

Thanks so much for reading this story and your continued encouragement.

ratna: Qui-Gon, if you accept the ministrations of a soul healer it will help you to understand the process of recovery from trauma and grief. If you have walked that road yourself, truly walked it, accepting the help of others as well as putting forth your own efforts, then you will be better able to help guide your Padawan along the path. Let go of pride, so that truth can come in....

Well said! Hopefully, Qui-Gon will heed your words of wisdom, but you know how stubborn he can be! ;)

I would be more than happy to add you to my PM list. I'm honored that you asked. Also, thank you for the vote of confidence! :)

ClaudiaR: I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for reading!

padawan_learner86: Thank you so much! [face_blush]

Poor Obi-Wan, wil the kid ever get a break?

Maybe eventually! ;)

Healer_Leona: Thank you! I'm so honored that you are reading this story!

Nienna_Narmolanya: Thank you so much! The next part will be up soon, hopefully sometime tomorrow.

Gkilkenny: Thank you so much! :)

dianethx: Thank you so much, Master! [face_blush] I would never be able to do this without your guidance!

Master_Noi: Don't like dark and creepy's thoughts on this at all.

Me either! ;)

brodiew: Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking time to read this story! I look forward to your insightful comments. :)

Fifilla: Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Thank you so much to everyone who continues to read and enjoy this story. The next post will hopefully be up tomorrow!

2. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Part 25

Master Healer Nathe looked up from the data pad he had been studying when he sensed a familiar presence. He was relieved to see his patient return from the hearing, but the healer was puzzled when he didn?t see Master Jinn by Obi-Wan?s side. Qui-Gon had made a consistent effort to remain near the teen whenever possible. Now to discover the Council?s page walking beside Obi-Wan was a bit disconcerting. Nathe?s questioning gaze seemed to be understood by the exhausted youth.

?The Council wanted to see him,? Obi-Wan explained.

?I see,? the healer replied. Nathe dismissed the page and then knelt down beside Obi-Wan. He had noticed the paleness of the teen?s face and the thin layer of perspiration clinging to his skin.

?You?re not looking well. Have you had any other symptoms??

Knowing that there was no use to try and hide the truth from the healer, Obi-Wan answered, ?I?ve had some dizziness. This is how it usually starts. I was?I was hoping that I had a couple more days, but I don?t think it?s going to work out that way.?

?It doesn?t seem that way, does it?? Master Nathe stated, his voice laced with sympathy. ?I know you?ve experienced the symptoms of withdrawal before. Can you tell me what to expect next??

?I usually had the dizziness for a day or so before the other symptoms would begin to show. The nausea would start, followed by a fever and muscle cramps. Truthfully, that?s about as far as Master Elad would allow it to go,? the teen recalled. ?He didn?t like me to be out of commission for too long. Of course, by the time the fever and the cramps started, I was begging him for the drug. He would always laugh and remind me that he had complete control over me.?

?You know that he no longer has that control, don?t you?? Nathe asked.

Obi-Wan shrugged as he replied, ?I hope not.?

?You don?t sound convinced.?

?It?s just that sometimes it seems like I?ll never be rid of him.?

?It will take time,? assured the healer. ?Let?s get you inside your room and back into bed. You look tired.?

?I am,? the youth admitted. ?But I want to wait on Master Jinn.? Obi-Wan smiled at the healer. ?He took me as his padawan. Can you believe it??

?Yes, I can. I believe that Master Jinn made a wise decision.?

?You do?? Obi-Wan was surprised by Master Nathe?s statement.

?I know we didn?t get off to a great start, but the events of the past several days have allowed me to learn a few things.?

?Really??

?Yes, really.? The healer stood up and walked over to Obi-Wan?s room, palming open the door. ?I?ve learned that I shouldn?t be so quick to judge people without knowing all the circumstances surrounding the situation. I made a mistake when I condemned you prematurely, and I?m sorry. I also learned that you and your master are two of the most stubborn individuals that I?ve ever encountered.?

For the second time, the Master Healer was graced by a smile from the youth. Obi-Wan?s cultured tone shone through the fatigue that had been so evident in his voice. ?Thank you, Master Nathe.?

?You?re welcome. Now, let?s get you settled and by the time we?ve finished, I?m sure Master Jinn will be here.?

Nathe stood aside as Obi-Wan maneuvered his hoverchair through the door. The healer followed the teen over to his bed and helped him sit on the edge of the bed. Obi-Wan allowed Master Nathe to help him with his robe and boots.

As Nathe started to remove the youth?s tunic, he felt Obi-Wan tense at the healer?s touch. Not wanting to cause the padawan any further embarrassment, Master Nathe quickly changed tactics. ?I tell you what, you finish changing and I?ll see if I can find you a little something to eat.?

Grateful that the Master Healer seemed to understand his uncontrollable reaction, Obi-Wan nodded his understanding and thanks. After Master Nathe left the room, the padawan continued to undress. Trying to ignore his prevalent scars, Obi-Wan quickly slipped on his sleep shirt and sat back against his pillows, waiting for the healer to return.

[i

3. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Very nice chapter! =D=

Qui-Gon's gifts for Obi-Wan are really wonderful - the stone, the braid, the name plate, the official announcement - very, very cute! [face_love]

:mad: Evil Plo Koon! :mad:

4. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Great chapter! I can't believe this is almost done! I'm glad you are planning on a sequel.

I wanted to give both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon a hug throughout this chapter. What Qui-Gon did for Obi-Wan was great. It was all so sweet. Their interaction was also very well done.

I also loved the talk between Master Nathe and Obi-Wan. It was wonderfully done. Hopefully the talk helped Obi-Wan realize he can trust Master Nathe too.

I wonder what stupid Master Koon's plan is. They can't possibly do anything to get them out of this! With such serious accusations I think the Council will probe the minds of the knights, so they wouldn't be able to hide.

Also, why isn't Koon being watched? I know he had no direct involvement, but I think he was involved enough to not be trusted

Can't wait for more!

5. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Awwww. Qui-Gon was wonderful in that chapter. When he decides something he doesn't hold back, does he.

Here's a big [:D] for our favourite Jedi Master. And here's one for you for writing this [:D]

On the other hand, here's a big [face_beatup] for 'Master' Plo Koon. :D

Very much looking forward to the sequal! @};-

6. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job! And, please do continue PMing me for the sequel!:)

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, finally, the computer is allowing me to post a response. Thwack.

Wonderful update, but I'm so happy to hear there's a sequel - a strong and self-confident Obi in that one, right? RIGHT?

I want to do on a permanent PM list for any of your stories. [face_dancing]

?I want you to have it. Keep it near and let it serve as a reminder that when you are in the light, you are made whole. There will be many trying times for the both of us in the future and there may be days that the future does not look so promising, but I assure you, we will survive, just as this stone has for many years.?

?I don?t know what to say.? Obi-Wan did not stop the tears that streamed down his cheeks. In all his years as a padawan, he had never been given or been allowed to receive a gift. He couldn?t fathom that Master Jinn would give him something so precious and that obviously meant a great deal to him.

?You don?t have to say anything because I have something else for you.?

Qui-Gon pulled out a clump of long hair that had been partially braided. He stood up and moved next to Obi-Wan?s head. The Jedi master felt behind Obi-Wan?s right ear to where he could feel the bald spot where his previous braid had been so viciously yanked out. Qui-Gon noticed Obi-Wan tensing his body as if the teen was expecting something dreadful. ?Just relax; this won?t hurt.?

The Jedi master gathered a few stray hairs just above the place where his former braid was and slowly began weaving the long strands of his own hair into Obi-Wan?s hair. ?Please accept this as a sign to others that you are my padawan. Wear this braid with the knowledge that one day, I will reclaim it when I stand by your side at your knighting ceremony.?

Obi-Wan could not speak through his tears and he attempted to muffle the sobs that threatened to escape. He was thankful that Qui-Gon did not seem to mind waiting for him to gain control of his emotions. What seemed like hours, but in reality, was only a few moments, Obi-Wan nodded as he carefully fingered his new braid. ?I will make you proud, Master Jinn. I will make you proud.?

?I know you will, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon replied.

This whole chapter - [face_love] [:D] [face_love] - what more is there to say? Wonderful job.

8. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Awww! [face_love] *melts into a puddle of happy content*

Obi-Wan dropped his head in humiliation as he stammered an apology to Qui-Gon. ?I?m?I?m sorry, Master Jinn. I shouldn?t?I shouldn?t have questioned your whereabouts. Please forgive me.?

?Padawan, look at me,? Qui-Gon commanded. His voice was firm but tender as he addressed his apprentice. It broke the Jedi master?s heart to know that the teen felt that he needed to seek forgiveness just for being concerned about where he had been.

The master waited for Obi-Wan to meet his gaze. ?You have nothing to be sorry for, Obi-Wan, for you did nothing wrong. I should have made you aware that I would be detained longer than expected. It is I, who should ask for your forgiveness.?

Qui-Gon saw the cheeks of his padawan flush when he asked the youth for forgiveness. It was still a new concept to Obi-Wan that he was not always at fault. He knew that it would take the teen a long time to change his way of thinking.

:( Obi-Wan has a lot of terrible memories to get past, but with Qui-Gon and the others helping him along, he has a chance. :D The last part of this chapter was so heartwarming! With the announcement "party" and the gift of the rock. *happy sigh* Obi-Wan's reaction to the rock this time around shows just how much he's changed already. I wish I could take a picture and save this moment forever. :)

Why does Plo Koon have to be plotting again? :rolleyes: Urg. He's ruining an otherwise perfect scene. :p

I'm sad this story is almost over, but at least I'll have a sequel to look forward to! Wonderful job on this chapter! =D=

9. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Well, this was certainly a satisfying post on all counts!!

I see Qui-Gon as sort of a "Horse Whisperer" to Obi-Wan, gradually replacing hurtful memories with new experiences of trust, caring and devotion. It will take time, but I am sure the day will come when Obi-Wan will no longer flinch from being touched.

LOVED the part about the stone and the braid.

Keep it near and let it serve as a reminder that when you are in the light, you are made whole.

:_|

The Jedi master gathered a few stray hairs just above the place where his former braid was and slowly began weaving the long strands of his own hair into Obi-Wan's hair. "Please accept this as a sign to others that you are my padawan. Wear this braid with the knowledge that one day, I will reclaim it when I stand by your side at your knighting ceremony."

* gulp! sniff, sniff! *

Reconnecting with his friends, their Masters, and Yoda was also SO important. The Hero's Journey require Allies.

Can't wait for your Epilogue, and .... SEQUEL!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Can't believe that it's almost over. What a ride it's been. I love that Qui-Gon is so good to Obi-Wan - for now. He might have a few problems of his own to deal with.

Love the little party. Just what Obi needs before the horror of withdrawal.

Great job.

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Brilliant.=D=

I loved it when Qui-Gon gave him the rock and the braid
    so mushy. Sounds like they are going to need each other in the sequel.
    I don't think I like the Jedi Council if one of their lifetime members Plo Koon is up to no good. How can we trust the council to do anything right.[face_shame_on_you]
    Anxiously waiting for the epilogue and sequel.:cool:

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, how sweet that Qui-GOn gave his new apprentice a rock. [face_love] Loved the braiding of OBi-Wan hair. [face_love] Very lovely annoucnement gaathering as well. :D :D

Grrrr that a Council member would act so very sithly. [face_frustrated]

13. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Awwww...it was soooo good. I am really looking forward to the next story. It will be interesting to see Obi get through withdraw from the drug and then go through all those helping lessons. I bet there will be some arguements with all that. Anyway, it was a great story. Thank you for writing it!

14. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Fifilla: Thank you so much! [face_blush]

REALbluelightsaber: Great chapter! I can't believe this is almost done! I'm glad you are planning on a sequel.

I can't believe it either. I'll be working on the sequel during vacation next week and hopefully will start posting it after I return! Thanks so much for your support and encouragement.

Glenstorm: Thank you so much! :) I'm really looking forward to writing the sequel.

G__Anakin: Thank you and consider yourself on the PM list for the sequel. It is so cool that I haven't even started writing the sequel and you asked to be on the PM list. Thanks so much for asking![:D]

Valairy_Scot: Wonderful update, but I'm so happy to hear there's a sequel - a strong and self-confident Obi in that one, right? RIGHT?

I can't promise anything. ;)

I want to do on a permanent PM list for any of your stories.

That's so sweet! I am so honored by this. Consider yourself on my PM list and thank you for asking. [:D]

As always, thank you so much for reading. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it!

Nienna_Narmolanya: I'm so glad that you're happy! :D Thank you so much for reading and I'm glad that you are looking forward to the sequel. By the way, I'm taking bribes of chocolate now, before I even begin writing! =P~ ;)

ratna: Well, this was certainly a satisfying post on all counts!!

I'm glad you approve!

Reconnecting with his friends, their Masters, and Yoda was also SO important. The Hero's Journey require Allies.

Well said. Obi-Wan will need all the allies he can get! ;)

Thanks as always for reading. I really appreciate it!

dianethx: Can't believe that it's almost over. What a ride it's been. I love that Qui-Gon is so good to Obi-Wan - for now. He might have a few problems of his own to deal with.

You have no idea how right you are!

Thank you, Master, for all your guidance with this story. I do so look forward to the sequel and seeking your help once again. I'm so grateful that you are my Master! [:D]

Gkilkenny: Thanks so much! I can't thank you enough for reading this story!

Healer_Leona: Thank you! :) I appreciate you taking time to read this story.

JediKaren: Awwww...it was soooo good. I am really looking forward to the next story. It will be interesting to see Obi get through withdraw from the drug and then go through all those helping lessons. I bet there will be some arguements with all that. Anyway, it was a great story. Thank you for writing it!

Thank you for reading it! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks to everybody who has been reading this story. Words can not begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. The epilogue should be up tomorrow some time, and then I'll be ready to start the sequel. I will be at the beach next week, so I hope to get a lot of writing done! Thanks again for all your support and a special thanks to those who enjoyed this story enough and nominated it for the various categories. I'm so overwhelmed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart![face_love]

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Your story is well written, you deserve the nominations.
    Good luck [face_good_luck]

16. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Gkilkenny: What a sweet thing to say! [face_blush]

Believe it or not, this story is done! The epilogue is up and I hope you enjoy it. I'll be on vacation next week, so I will be working hard on the sequel. Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement.

Epilogue

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon slowly made their way towards the healer?s wing. The silence between them provided an opportunity for the padawan and the master to reflect on the events of the past few hours. Although the pair was exhausted both physically and mentally, it was a small price to pay for the outcome that had been achieved. Pausing to allow Qui-Gon to palm open the door to his room, Obi-Wan allowed his shaky hand to once again reach for his braid.

The teen had never thought it possible to regain that which had been viciously taken from him. Obi-Wan never expected that he would be allowed to have another braid because of the atrocity that he committed. A weak smile danced across his lips as he continued to study the braid. His thoughts were interrupted by his master.

?Are you just going to sit there all night, or are you coming in so you can get some rest??

?What? Oh, I?m sorry, Master Jinn. I didn?t mean to let my mind wander,? the teen stated. ?I was just thinking about?things.?

?I see,? Qui-Gon replied. ?It?s been a long day, hasn?t it??

?Yes, Master. But believe it or not, it?s been the best day of my life,? Obi-Wan replied as he maneuvered his chair through the open door.

?Even with the Council?s ruling?? Qui-Gon knew that Obi-Wan was worried about how he would handle the requirements of his probation. Although the teen had not said anything, the Jedi could sense the anxiety that Obi-Wan had been projecting upon hearing the verdict.

?Truthfully, I haven?t thought any more about it. When you asked me to be your padawan learner, I don?t think anything else mattered at the time. After I?killed Master Elad, I didn?t care what happened and I didn?t think anybody else would care about what happened to me. I was wrong and I?m glad.

?When you replaced my braid, I realized it wasn?t a dream and that you did accept me as your apprentice. I know that I have a lot to prove to you and the Order, but I guess the difference is now that I want to.? Obi-Wan slowly stood up out of the hoverchair, allowing Qui-Gon to help him towards the bed.

?I guess all that sounds pretty stupid, huh?? Obi-Wan?s cheeks flushed with embarrassment when he realized that he had willingly expressed his feelings to Qui-Gon. When he had dared to share his feelings with his former master, his words always seemed to fall on deaf ears, or else he would be punished for speaking out of turn. The last thing he wanted to do was compare Master Jinn to Master Elad, mainly because there was no comparison. The teen knew that Qui-Gon truly wanted to help him, but that didn?t stop Obi-Wan?s insecurities from surfacing.

Obi-Wan accepted Qui-Gon?s assistance without complaint. After helping his padawan into bed, the Jedi sat down on the edge of the mattress. ?I want you to listen to me, Obi-Wan.?

Certain that he had his padawan?s undivided attention, Qui-Gon continued. ?What you said doesn?t sound stupid at all. It came from your heart and that is what matters. As I?ve already told you, I?m honored that you are my apprentice and nothing will change that. Now, I want you to rest for tomorrow is a new day and who knows what it will hold.?

?I don?t want this day to end,? Obi-Wan softly answered.

?I know you don?t. However, I promise you that you will have even better days in the future. Now, you need to rest and save your strength, for you will need it in the next few days.? Qui-Gon pulled the covers up as Obi-Wan nestled down in them, fighting the fatigue that threatened to overtake him.

?Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?? Obi-Wan asked his master.

?Of course I will. I do not intend to leave your side. Now rest, young one,? Qui-Gon gently commanded. He watched as Obi-Wan fi

17. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Wonderful conclusion! =D=

I like that Obi-Wan is starting to open up and allow Qui-Gon to see the layers beneath. I think he's finally learning to trust again. :)

Will the sequel be up fairly soon? I can hardly wait for it to start. :D

Edit: If you have a PM list, may I please be added to it when you start the sequel?

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw...happy sigh. [face_love] [:D] to Qui and Obi.

[:D] to the author for such a wonderful story.

I'm sad, and I'm happy...sad it's over, happy that Qui and Obi are together, and thrilled that there will be a sequel. As I said before, I want to be on the PM list for that story, too.

?I guess all that sounds pretty stupid, huh?? Obi-Wan?s cheeks flushed with embarrassment when he realized that he had willingly expressed his feelings to Qui-Gon. When he had dared to share his feelings with his former master, his words always seemed to fall on deaf ears, or else he would be punished for speaking out of turn. The last thing he wanted to do was compare Master Jinn to Master Elad, mainly because there was no comparison. The teen knew that Qui-Gon truly wanted to help him, but that didn?t stop Obi-Wan?s insecurities from surfacing.

He's already accepting that things have changed - hurrah!

Obi-Wan accepted Qui-Gon?s assistance without complaint. After helping his padawan into bed, the Jedi sat down on the edge of the mattress. ?I want you to listen to me, Obi-Wan.?

Certain that he had his padawan?s undivided attention, Qui-Gon continued. ?What you said doesn?t sound stupid at all. It came from your heart and that is what matters. As I?ve already told you, I?m honored that you are my apprentice and nothing will change that. Now, I want you to rest for tomorrow is a new day and who knows what it will hold.?

?I don?t want this day to end,? Obi-Wan softly answered.

?I know you don?t. However, I promise you that you will have even better days in the future. Now, you need to rest and save your strength, for you will need it in the next few days.? Qui-Gon pulled the covers up as Obi-Wan nestled down in them, fighting the fatigue that threatened to overtake him.

?Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?? Obi-Wan asked his master.

?Of course I will. I do not intend to leave your side. Now rest, young one,? Qui-Gon gently commanded.

I've got a big goofy grin on my face, now.

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Yes, Master. But believe it or not, it?s been the best day of my life,? Obi-Wan replied as he maneuvered his chair through the open door.

I can understand how he'd think this. :D How can I not think that Qui-Gon taking Obi-wan as his lerner is not a wonderful ending to any story?? [face_love] [face_love]

jedidas, please feel free to PM me when you start the sequel.

20. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Oh, that was beautiful. [face_love]

Thank-you so much for writing such a wonderful story. I'm usually such a lurker but this has really pulled me out of my shell and because of it I'll now have more confidence to respond to the stories that I love in future

I hope you have a really nice holiday. And although I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the sequel, enjoy that beach and don't work too hard.

"Live in the Moment" as the saying goes. :D

21. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

22. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    happy, happy sigh!

that was great.

Looking forward to the sequel.@};-

23. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    That was a wonderful end to a wonderful story. I am sad to see it end though. I'll be checking for the sequel!

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

:_| That was so good! I'm crying with happiness.
    =D= :cool: =D=

What a lovely end to this part, you are giving them some time to be happy before the sequel. I am afraid [face_worried] there will be some bad times coming.
    Anxiously waiting for the sequel, and could you add me to your PM list[face_praying]

[face_good_luck] for the awards[face_good_luck]

25. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that was such a lovely ending!! [face_love] I am so glad Obi is finally beginning to get better.

I can't wait for the sequel, put me on the PM list for it :D Though I fear that Qui-Gon might have repercussions for accepting Obi-Wan and find himself a target... [face_worried] The main guy in charge is still out there after all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.