main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Truth Shall Set You Free (Obi-Qui AU) Author's note 8/7/08! Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Dammm!
    I missed a post!
    and then I was only able to see the epilogue now!
    I am sad this story is done, the ending and the epilogue
    were very cute but the way Plo koon behaves makes him such a scoundrel!
    I want to see him properly taken care of in the sequel!
    please tell me you will do it?
    be meaaaaaaaan to him!!!

Obi deserves justice!

2. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had taken the first step of their journey?a journey that would last a lifetime.

Aww! A perfect ending! =D=

I truly loved this story, jedidas! I looked forward to every post. :D I can't say that about just any story, you know. ;)

I can't wait for the sequel! So many questions to be answered, new ones to be posed, and Obi's to huggle! ...Er...yeah! :p

*slips a plain briefcase filled with Hershey's chocolate bars under the table* [face_whistling]

EDIT: I almost forgot... Could you add me to your PM list for the sequel please? I don't want to miss anything!

3. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    =D= Very nice ending!

?Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?? Obi-Wan asked his master.

?Of course I will. I do not intend to leave your side. Now rest, young one,? Qui-Gon gently commanded. He watched as Obi-Wan finally gave in to sleep and then quietly moved to the chair beside the teen?s bed. The Jedi made himself as comfortable as possible as he too began to drift off to sleep.

[face_love]So very cute![face_love]

The master and the padawan were fully aware of the challenges that they would face, but at the moment, they would not let themselves worry about the future. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had taken the first step of their journey?a journey that would last a lifetime.
    Can't wait for the sequel!!!

4. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Only just found this story - but got the strangest feeling that I've read most of it before??!!

Loved it - Qui-Gon was perfect!

Will love to read the sequel - PM's please??

5. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, I've been lurking a bit. [face_blush] The story's gone well, but poor, poor Obi-Wan! And there are still dark, bad guys out there who might come after him, too. But now he has Qui-Gon. :) I'm hoping that they'll get some time together before all that badness comes after them. And that Obi-Wan will get to share the good parts about being a Jedi.

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Lovely ending, jedidas3. It is a nice, tight bow on part one.

Obi-Wan accepted Qui-Gon?s assistance without complaint. After helping his padawan into bed, the Jedi sat down on the edge of the mattress. ?I want you to listen to me, Obi-Wan.?

Certain that he had his padawan?s undivided attention, Qui-Gon continued. ?What you said doesn?t sound stupid at all. It came from your heart and that is what matters. As I?ve already told you, I?m honored that you are my apprentice and nothing will change that. Now, I want you to rest for tomorrow is a new day and who knows what it will hold.?

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. They have come a long way. I have to admit, I was wondering if Obi's punishment would ever end, but you have deftly orchestrated a wonderful story of pain, loss, redemption, and healing. Excellent work.

But, evil is lurking in the shadows. That evil has its eye on Obi-Wan. Can the new Master/Padawn team face him down?

Sign me up! Please PM me when part two begins.

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I wanted to add this at the end of the last post, prior to the epilogue but never got around to it. I was listening to a CD of mine by a band called FFH (Far From Home) and the first song on this album is "You found Me". Listening to that song, and many time since, I think of this fic. Here are the lyrics:

I?ve got nowhere to turn
    I?ve got nowhere to hide
    And I?ve got no alibis
    You?ve been following me
    You know my history
    And no matter how hard I try

I can?t explain away
    The way I feel today
    There?s only one thing I can say

You, You found me
    You found me and You called me from the wilderness
    From my cave of emptiness
    You, You found me
    You found me in the places of my loneliness
    You told me there is more than this
    You captured me with tenderness
    You found me

There were so many days
    Trying to figure out ways
    To explain what I feel inside
    I tried to fill up my soul
    Without losing control
    This desire never did subside

I?m ready to give in
    I know I?ll never win
    The hide and seek I?ve been in

In the pit of despair, I was all alone there
    I wasn?t looking for You
    But You found me anyway
    You put Your hand on my face
    Then You changed my name
    Nothing can separate me from You

Excellent work, jedidas3.

8. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Wow. It's been quite a few posts since I last replied, and what a journey the story took since then.

I love this story. It's a very well written drama, with a great plot and good characterization. It's been a joy to read, no matter how dark the subject matter.

I look forward to the sequel!

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I finally managed to finish reading this story yesterday, and let me just say that I loved it very much! [face_love]

I especially loved watching Qui and Obi slowly form a relationship, how Obi slowly learned to trust him, and how Qui slowly came to realize that Obi should be his padawan after all. Awww, such lovely mush at the end. [face_love]

And now I think I need to join the Eagerly Awaiting the Sequel Club! So please put me on your PM list! [face_batting]

10. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    bek: Thank you so much! [face_blush] Yes, the sequel will be up soon--hopefully I'll post the first part tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll be happy to add you to the PM list for the sequel!

Valairy_Scot: I'm so glad you enjoyed it! [:D] May I say that the feeling is mutual regarding your fantastic stories? I always look forward to updates and truly enjoy your writing. It is absolutely wonderful! I will be honored to add you to the PM list for the sequel.

Healer_Leona: You're absolutely right. Qui-Gon taking Obi as an apprentice is a great ending to any story! Thank you so much for reading and I will be more than happy to add you to the PM list for the sequel.

Glenstorm: I'm usually such a lurker but this has really pulled me out of my shell and because of it I'll now have more confidence to respond to the stories that I love in future

I'm so glad. Believe it or not, I'm still working on responding to stories that I really like. It's hard coming out of lurkerdom!;)

I really appreciate you sticking with this story and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

G__Anakin: Thank you so much! :)

ratna: Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

REALbluelightsaber: Thank you! I'll be starting to post it hopefully this week.

Gkilkenny: Thank you so much! I will be more than happy to add you to the PM list. I can't believe the requests that I've had for the PM list. I'm so honored!

Layren: Thank you! You're right about the main bad guy still lurking! [face_devil] He'll make an appearance pretty soon!

ClaudiaR: Thank you! I promise that Plo Koon will be dealt with.

Nienna_Narmolanya: Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your support!

*slips a plain briefcase filled with Hershey's chocolate bars under the table

(Takes Hershey bars and promises to post the first part of the sequel this week!) =P~

Fifilla: Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Qui-Gina-Jinn: Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I will be happy to PM you with updates for the sequel.

ardavenport: Glad to see you back! Thank you for reading!

brodiew: Thank you so much! [face_blush] I really appreciate your reviews--they mean a lot to me. I also want to thank you for that song--it was so appropriate. I will be happy to add you to the PM list.

(P.S. Congratulations on your wins on The Saga Awards!)

LadyLunas: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Bastet: I'm so glad you took the time to read it. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! I'll be glad to PM you with updates for the sequel.

Author's Note: Thank you so much to everyone who has read with this story and saw it through to the end. I never thought this story would get this kind of response and I'm so honored that it had so many faithful readers. Now, the good news is that while on vacation, I started the sequel. It will be called "The Best of Intentions." The first part should be up within in the next couple of days.

Below are the names who have requested to be on the PM list for the sequel. I'm afraid that I might have missed someone, so if you don't see your name, let me know and I'll be glad to add it. On the other hand, if I messed up and have your name on the list by mistake, let me know as well.

G__Anakin
    Valairy_Scot
    bek
    Healer_Leona
    Gkilkenny
    Layren
    Nienna_Narmolanya
    Qui-Gina-Jinn
    brodiew
    Bastet

Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement.

11. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Please also put me on your list for sequel.@};-

12. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay, I just sat here and read the ENTIRE thing in ONE setting (ow my bum is sore...), but WOW was it worth it! I see now why you were nommed for so many things, and I can say that I quite agree with your readers!

But where to start?

Coming in at the end of this one, it would be kind of pointless for me to list all my favorite things in here so I will make it a little more generic than I wished to.

Qui-Gon: You have this character living and breathing beside me. I could feel his anxiety and pain as he watched Obi-Wan suffer and did not know how to help him. So often this is true of us as we see someone we care about suffer and we are not sure how to help. Every step of the way, you put us in Qui-Gon's place, even when you switched povs to Obi-Wan's, if Qui-Gon was in the room, you still drew his emotions for Obi-Wan into his thoughts and deeds.

Obi-Wan: Wow, all I can really say is that you have a masterful talent of giving us the story without providing the details, lol. Yet your story does not lack for it, quite the contrary. Though you never come out to describe how Obi-Wan killed his master or all the things Elad did to him, your readers still are left with a very clear picture of what Obi-Wan suffered. You have amazing talent! Obi-Wan is very believable in this AU--heck, he is Obi-Wan.

Letni: How many times did I growl at the screen? Well, I won't bother you with a count, but trust me, I wanted to reach in there and strangle that man. You wrote such a great evil character, who was also a coward at heart (so often evil is exactly that way). Your readers hate him with a flourish that is due entirely to you. I have rarely seen an OC villain so well developed beyond "he's evil". Good work!

Naethe: Did I spell that right? Anyway, another complex and compelling OC! At first you just don't like him, don't want to like him, and can't stand his stand-offish ways. But then, as he begins to dig deeper into what happened to Obi-Wan, he becomes one of his staunchest supporters (aside from Qui-Gon of course).

The rest: From the smallest OC to the most well-loved Canon, you give everyone a complexity that only us living, breathing people inhabit. It made me think, the few times I was interrupted by family while reading, that if I turned around quickly enough I'd see Yoda or Mace or Bant or even Plo standing over my shoulder.

Rarely do I read such an amazing work on the boards! Granted, I don't read that many of them, preferring to stick to my own fanfic writing, but it's merely because when I first got on here I was disappointed with the lack of skill I kept stumbling across. But this! This is a ray of sunshine peeking through clouds!

I don't think I've ever asked this of any writer that I did not personally know...but can you please put me on your PM list so I may be able to read the sequel? I simply cannot wait to see how this plays out!

EDIT: Congrats on your noms, and your awards. I couldn't say it at the time, obviously, but I knew when I posted this what you had won, lol. Nice to be the host from time to time, lmbo.
    ;)

13. JazzFox

JazzFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    I just discovered this story yesterday afternoon, and I've been reading it on my free time at work. I must say that it is definitley an enthralling AU piece, and kept me on the edge of my seat... fanfics don't often do that to me!

I liked how you gave a very different take on what could have been Obi-wan's fate... and made it quite plausible too. Interesting story line.

Thanks for writing; I've got to dash off now and start on the sequel!

cheers.

14. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  15. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    :oops: I can't believe that I never replied to these posts! I'm so sorry. Better late than never, I guess.

ratna: Consider yourself added! Thanks so much![:D]

Durhelediel: Rarely do I read such an amazing work on the boards! Granted, I don't read that many of them, preferring to stick to my own fanfic writing, but it's merely because when I first got on here I was disappointed with the lack of skill I kept stumbling across. But this! This is a ray of sunshine peeking through clouds!

[face_blush] I am so honored. Thank you so much for your kind words! [:D]

JazzFox: I just discovered this story yesterday afternoon, and I've been reading it on my free time at work. I must say that it is definitley an enthralling AU piece, and kept me on the edge of my seat... fanfics don't often do that to me!

Thank you. I'm so glad you liked it! :) I hope you enjoy the sequel!

Tatooine_Ghost: Thank you![:D]

16. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    I just wanted to thank you all for the nominations. [face_blush] I'm so honored that you all still remember this story even though I finished it a year ago. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Like I've said, I believe I have the best readers on the boards! Thanks again.[:D]

17. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Thank you to all those who voted for this story. I was so honored and surprised that it won Best AU and Best Epic. I'm so blessed to have such loyal readers. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I can't even begin to tell you how much your support and encouragement have met to me since I've started writing. [face_love]

18. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    I'm planning to read the whole series but sofar I've been reading backwards.
    I'm darn behind so as soon as I catch up, I'll reply to everything but I'm gonna start this one now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.