main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Truth Shall Set You Free (Obi-Qui AU) Author's note 8/7/08! Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Another billiant update. jedidas3, you continue to impress me. Your Obi-Wan is truly wounded soul and the word decimated seems obviouly appropriate. The nature of the abuse is slowly being revealed, but I get this pit in my stomach thinking it could have been more than physical, mental, and emotional abuse only. Forgive me for jumping to conclusions, but when Qui-Gon asked Obi-Wan to remove his under tunic, Obi-Wan's reaction seemed to feed my fears.

?Padawan Kenobi?Obi-Wan?I will not allow that to happen.? Qui-Gon prayed to the Force that he sounded more confident that he felt. He had the ability to bring peace to warring worlds, but he had yet to find a way to bring peace to the decimated spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

You have also realized Qui-gon's character as well. I thought this sentence was espacially well written.

I look forward to more. Update soon!

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

The simple request caught Obi-Wan off guard as he questioned the older Jedi. He sincerely hoped that he had misunderstood the Jedi master. ?Wh?what??

?You heard me, Padawan. Please remove your under tunic,? Qui-Gon repeated.

Obi-Wan began to tremble at the master?s request. His voice was once again laced with distrust and rage. ?I was starting to believe that you actually wanted to help me! You almost had me fooled, Master Jinn.?

Qui-Gon was taken back by the pure unadulterated rage that was being directed at him. He could not believe that the withdrawn and silent youth was now so full of hostility that it radiated throughout the room. ?What do you mean? I merely requested that you??

?I know what you requested, Master Jinn. I guess I should be grateful that you even asked.? Obi-Wan struggled to get out of bed determined to put as much distance between him and the Jedi master as possible.

The Jedi master had not expected this severe of a reaction from the padawan. A moment of confusion etched his handsome features as he watched the padawan purposefully placing a physical barrier between them. It was when he glanced down at the tangled sheets on the bed, that his confusion gave way to clarity. He quietly admonished himself as regret washed over him. ~Jinn, you stupid fool. What were you thinking? Of course he?s going to assume that you want to hurt him!~ He tentatively reached out to the padawan, hoping that the frustration he was feeling towards himself wasn?t evident in his voice. ?Padawan Kenobi, please calm down. If I said anything to upset you, I apologize.? ~Great Jinn! What do you mean ?if? you said anything to upset him?~

?Why should I be upset, Master Jinn? I should have known better than to assume that you would be any different. All your words and declarations about helping me meant nothing. It?s all a game to you and the other masters.? Obi-Wan began to pace in the small area between the bed and the wall that he had claimed as his own. His voice was hushed as he muttered to himself incessantly.

Awwww, poor Obi-Wan, that's so heart wrenching that he would assume Qui-Gon just wants to play games with him :( That's really sad that he's been through so much, when it was a purely innocent request on Qui-Gon's part.

Here's hoping Qui can get Obi-Wan to trust him and open up more soon! Great post!

3. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you so much for your nice review! [face_blush] Qui-Gon may be beginning to get through to our favorite obstinate padawan--but he has a long road ahead of him! Thank you again for reading--it really means a lot to me!

padawan_learner86: I hope you will find this story full of surprises! ;) Thank you again for reading and your support.

ratna: Thanks for reading. I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Healer_Leona: Thank you so much. You're right about a lot of work that will need to be done for Qui-Gon to help Obi. Thanks for reading--I really appreciate it.

dianethx: Thank you, Master. [face_blush] I can't thank you enough for all your help. I continue to consider myself very fortunate to be your padawan.

Lola64: I'm so glad that you listened to that little birdie. :D Thank you for reading and I'm so glad you are enjoying it.

Gkilkenny: I'm so glad that you are enjoying this story. I love Obi angst as well! Thanks for reading and I will be happy to PM you when the next chapter is ready.

dimyavie: Thanks so much! I would be more than happy to PM you when the next update is posted.

brodiew: Thank you so much for your kind words. More will soon be revealed about Obi's abuse in future posts. I'm go glad that you are enjoying this story.

Layren: Thank you! I really appreciate you reading this story! I hope you continue to enjoy it!

The next post will be up soon.

4. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Part 7

Qui-Gon stood outside the massive wooden doors to the council chambers waiting for his summons to enter. He wanted nothing more than for the doors to open so he could confront the council. The Jedi master figured that they were simply postponing the inevitable. He had no doubt that the masters sitting inside that room could feel him broadcasting his emotions. Qui-Gon made no attempt to shield from the council; he wanted them to realize that he held them responsible for what happened to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Finally, the doors opened allowing Qui-Gon to enter. His long strides quickly placed him in the center of the chambers. He performed the usual protocol of a customary bow to the council and then he allowed his piercing gaze to rest on Master Yoda. ?I think the council has some explaining to do.?

?We will listen to what you have to say. Judgment on the council, pass you will not.? Yoda could sense the turmoil within the Jedi master standing before him. If it had not been the will of the Force, Yoda would not have placed Qui-Gon in charge of this investigation. However, the tiny master had learned not to question the path that the Force had dictated. He may not always agree with the Force, but he would not disobey it.

?We assume that you have had the opportunity to speak with Padawan Kenobi?? Master Windu asked.

?Yes I have and I do not like what I have discovered.? Qui-Gon did not try to hide the anger present in his voice. ?The Jedi Order has failed Padawan Kenobi.?

The words had barely escaped the Jedi master?s lips when the council began to protest. Shouts of denial joined by threats of having Qui-Gon removed from the investigation echoed throughout the room. Qui-Gon listened to the various members as they attempted to defend the actions of the council, until the unmistakable sound of Master Yoda?s gimer stick demanded silence.

?Explain you will, Qui-Gon. Serious accusation you have made. You must defend it.?

?I have not examined all of Padawan Kenobi?s records, but I have spoken with him and his friend, Padawan Muln. It is my belief and the evidence indicates that Obi-Wan Kenobi suffered greatly under Master Elad. I have seen physical evidence that demonstrates the effects of various tortures. The youth?s resistance to being restrained is also a direct result of the ?teachings? of Master Elad. I have a feeling that I have not even begun to understand the pain that this young man has endured, and truthfully, part of me doesn?t want to. I do not want to look in his eyes and tell him that the Order that was supposed to protect him, failed to do so. He trusts no one, including himself. He??

?Does he still admit to killing Master Elad?? asked Master Plo Koon.

Qui-Gon did not appreciate being interrupted by the council member. He and Master Plo Koon had simply tolerated each other for years. However, Qui-Gon wasn?t sure that he could even do that today. ?Yes, but??

?Then it is clear what must be done,? stated Plo Koon. ?We must place him under arrest and he will be tried for the murder of Master Elad.?

Agitated, Qui-Gon placed his hands on his hips. ?Did you just not hear what I said? Obi-Wan Kenobi??

?Has admitted to being a murderer, Master Jinn. The majority of the council feels the way I do. This should have been dealt with earlier but we respected Master Yoda?s wishes. Now, the time has come for action.?

Qui-Gon could hear the murmurs of agreement from several other council members. Once again, the tapping of the gimer stick brought forth silence. ?Continue Master Jinn will. The full support of the council you do not have, Master Plo Koon.?

Qui-Gon acknowledged Master Yoda?s request with a slight nod. ?As I was saying, Obi-Wan has been hurt by the one person who was supposed to care for him. He is in the healer?s wing wishing for death because he feels it is the only way to escape the pain. How did this happen? Why was it allowed to happen? In this room is supposed to be twelve of the wisest Jedi of the Or

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    :_|

?I have not examined all of Padawan Kenobi?s records, but I have spoken with him and his friend, Padawan Muln. It is my belief and the evidence indicates that Obi-Wan Kenobi suffered greatly under Master Elad. I have seen physical evidence that demonstrates the effects of various tortures. The youth?s resistance to being restrained is also a direct result of the ?teachings? of Master Elad. I have a feeling that I have not even begun to understand the pain that this young man has endured, and truthfully, part of me doesn?t want to. I do not want to look in his eyes and tell him that the Order that was supposed to protect him, failed to do so. He trusts no one, including himself. He??

Qui understands on an emotional level what he doesn't yet know. The poor kid was abused and battered, and the pain finally made him snap.

Obi-Wan?s instructors continued to notice a change in the teen?s countenance. He became more aloof and quiet. He would very seldom make eye contact with any of his peers or his instructors. When the instructors sent out gentle probes through the Force towards Obi-Wan, he would gasp as if in pain. Again, they referred him to Master Elad and suggested that the padawan see a healer.

Qui-Gon scrolled down to finish reading but found the rest of the file was missing. ~There has to be more! What happened when Elad confronted Obi-Wan about this? Did he even see a healer? I guess I can look at his medical records.~

Qui-Gon accessed Obi-Wan?s medical records, hoping to discover more about the abuse that he was sure that the padawan suffered under the hand of Master Elad. He scanned through the standard information wanting to delve into the youth?s medical history.

Frustration grew within him like a volcano preparing to erupt when the words flashed across the screen: ?MEDICAL FILES SEALED?.

Qui-Gon?s first instinct was to fling the data pad across the room, hoping it would break into a million pieces. It would then reflect the shattered life of the young man he was supposed to be helping.

~How can I help him if I am being blocked at every turn? Who sealed his records?

Your prose just touches the heart - my heart aches for these fictional characters. You are doing a wonderful job with this story.

6. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    chilling to think that there may have been complicity with the abuse on the part of a healer.

what? no mandatory reporting laws in the Jedi Order?

or maybe they think that "it can't happen here"

there is a river that flows through Egypt, it's name is -------

scary to think of Obi-wan with brain damage. Acute trauma and long-term stress can both do that: amigdala-hipppocampus-medial frontal cortex get caught in nasty feedback loops. Poor Obi!! please don't let it be permanent!

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

A very good and interesting chapter. all the chapters have been excellent.You have suceeded in drawing me into the story.
    So much so that I am waiting impatiently for another post.

Well done=D=

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Boy, the Council certainly jumps to conclusions. No compassion there, especially with Plo-Koon. :mad:

And it just keeps getting worse for poor Obi-Wan. Hope someone rescues the healer before it's too late. Even if they do, I would imagine he'd be back in restraints. And even if they decide that there were extenuating circumstances about him killing his master and don't kill him for it, he still won't be trusting or able to access the Force. He's in a lot of trouble.

Great job. Looking forward to more.

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

?Does he still admit to killing Master Elad?? asked Master Plo Koon.

Qui-Gon did not appreciate being interrupted by the council member. He and Master Plo Koon had simply tolerated each other for years. However, Qui-Gon wasn?t sure that he could even do that today. ?Yes, but??

?Then it is clear what must be done,? stated Plo Koon. ?We must place him under arrest and he will be tried for the murder of Master Elad.?

I wonder how he would feel were he in Obi-Wan's position -- perhaps he'd have a little more compassion then, eh? [face_plain]

Qui-Gon scrolled down to finish reading but found the rest of the file was missing. ~There has to be more! What happened when Elad confronted Obi-Wan about this? Did he even see a healer? I guess I can look at his medical records.~

Qui-Gon accessed Obi-Wan?s medical records, hoping to discover more about the abuse that he was sure that the padawan suffered under the hand of Master Elad. He scanned through the standard information wanting to delve into the youth?s medical history.

Frustration grew within him like a volcano preparing to erupt when the words flashed across the screen: ?MEDICAL FILES SEALED?.

Looks like someone was attempting to cover up what he had done -- perhaps there's more than one person involved in Obi-Wan's mistreatment.[face_thinking] Why else would the files be sealed from another of Master rank. HIPPA Privacy Laws aren't really necessary in the Temple.

The stillness of the healer?s wing was shattered by the anguished sounds coming from the room of Obi-Wan Kenobi. The healer on duty ran into the room to discover the young man in the throes of a violent nightmare. Hesitating to wake the padawan up, the healer cautiously made her way towards the bed. She listened to make out what he was saying.

?Please don?t?I can?t?Please don?t make me?? A primal scream erupted from the padawan as he sat up in bed. His sleep tunic and bedding was soaked with sweat. He could feel his heart pounding as he tried to no avail to control his breathing.

The healer reached out to place a calming hand on his shoulder. However, that proved to be a mistake as she found herself on the floor with the padawan straddling her and his hands around her throat.

Obi-Wan could feel his hands tighten around the neck of his captive. The thought of making this man wonder if he was going to live or die brought him momentary satisfaction. ?Don?t you touch me ever again?Master.?

Oh goodness, what a terrible nightmare for Obi-Wan! Since he's already murdered one -- already know how one in the Council is going to react....here's hoping, someone is able to save the Healer... or that the Healer will be able to fight back!

This story is so good! I'm enjoying it very much :D And kudos to you for finding such a wonderful Master! Diane is excellent, and I know you'll learn a lot from her :)

10. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Wow! Quite an ending! I hope that Obi-Wan doesn't add antoher to his list of victims...even if he is not himself. [face_worried]

You have me wrapt at every word, jedidas3. I love this story. It is rich in plot and character and...mystery. You continue to relase the clues to Obi's condition at a good and compelling pace.

As far as the Plu Koon and the Jedi Council, they seem a little reactionary and short sited. :rolleyes: I hope that Yoda, Mace, and Qui-Gon can help them see the true victim of this case. [face_praying]

I also love the meeting between Nathe and Gui-Gon. You excellent depiction of their mutual dislike made their coming together to find a solution for Obi-Wan an excellent exercize in humilty for both men. Great characterizations. =D=

Keep me posted! [face_hypnotized] Its been a while since I been able to use the emoticons. I hope I didn't overplay them.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Yes I have and I do not like what I have discovered.? Qui-Gon did not try to hide the anger present in his voice. ?The Jedi Order has failed Padawan Kenobi.?

Whatever the excuse the Council gives, I agree with Qui-Gon. These are being with the use of the Force, how couls a mater get away with so much abuse?

What?!? :eek:

Multiple breaks, fractures and brain damage?? Oh that poor, poor boy. :_|

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm getting caught up on this story. I must say =D=

13. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: Qui will probably end up understanding a lot more about what happened to Obi than he ever expected. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this story!

ranta: Unfortunately the belief that "It can't happen here" is prevalent even in the Jedi Temple. Thanks so much for reading--it really means a lot!

Gkilkenny: Thank you so much! [face_blush] You won't have to wait too much longer on the next post. I have a few changes to make and it will be ready.

dianethx: Thank you so much, Master.[face_blush] I couldn't do it without your help!

Layren: Thank you so much. I am so glad that you are enjoying this story. I have to agree with you in that I have an excellent master!:) I have already learned a lot and I'm looking forward to learning so much more.

brodiew: Again, I appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I'm so glad that you are enjoying this story. (Don't worry about overplaying the emoticons--I love them! :D)

Healer_Leona: Poor Obi indeed! His troubles are just beginning!

VaderLVR64: Thank you so much!

14. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    =D= Especially like that last part.
    Yup, serious counseling should be in order. ;)

15. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    update now? now? what about now?

16. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    padawan_learner86: Thank you so much! :)

JediKaren: Would now be soon enough? ;)

The next part is up. Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoy the next part.

PART 8

The healer knew that the young padawan was still in the midst of a horrific dream. Obi-Wan?s eyes radiated streams of hate and anger as his hands tightened around her neck. She knew that although the youth was staring straight at her, he was not seeing her; it was as if he were looking through her. She was not sure who or what he was seeing, but she did know that he was terrified. Through his rage, she could sense the instinctive need for survival and that was the reason he was reacting in this violent manner.

However, she also felt that same instinctive need for survival and called upon the Force to help her. She felt the Force gather around her as she executed a Force push to prevent the padawan from choking her.

Obi-Wan cried out in agony as he scurried over against the wall. He tried to pull himself into a ball as his hands cradled his throbbing head. ?I?m sorry?I?m sorry?please don?t?no more?? He repeated the mantra over and over as he began to rock back and forth in an effort to comfort himself. ?Please just kill me?let me die?Force, just let me die??

Obi-Wan knew that despite his pleas, the Force would not hear him. The Force had not listened to the youth in what seemed like an eternity. Since he became a padawan, the only thing that he had ever received from the Force was pain. He knew that the Force should not be like that. The Force was supposed to guide him, but the only path he had been guided on was a path to destruction.

Watching the padawan as he struggled with his unseen demons, the healer ignored the bruising and the discomfort of her aching throat, and knelt beside the distraught young man. ?Padawan Kenobi? I?m Healer Soneja. Please allow me to help you.?

?NO! DON?T TOUCH ME!? Obi-Wan screamed at the Healer as he tried to move further away from her. It was clear that he was afraid of not just her but of the thought of her being near him. She also knew that he was not dreaming any more. His fear was very much a part of his present reality.

The door to Obi-Wan?s room opened as Master Nathe rushed inside. Glancing around the room, his eyes finally came to rest on the form of the trembling padawan and Healer Soneja. ?What is going on here?? he demanded.

Healer Soneja stood up and joined the Master Healer. Nervously she explained what had happened including Obi-Wan?s nightmare and her attempt to calm him. Nathe studied the bruises forming around Soneja?s neck; the unmistakable shape of hand prints could be seen. ?Did Padawan Kenobi do that??

?Yes, but he was in the middle of a nightmare. I should have known better than try and wake him,? replied Soneja. She did not wish to cause any more trouble for the padawan but she feared that it was too late.

?How did you get him to release you?? Nathe inquired.

?I had to Force push him away. Now he won?t let me near him.?

Nathe simply nodded and made his way over to Obi-Wan. ?Padawan Kenobi??

Obi-Wan refused to look at the Master Healer. Nathe quietly motioned for Soneja to get a hypo ready with a sedative. Turning back to the youth, Nathe squatted down in front of him. ?She wasn't aware that she could not use the Force on you. She didn?t realize it would cause you pain. However, if Soneja had not reacted as she did, you may have ended up killing her as well.?

?What?? Obi-Wan looked up in disbelief at what the healer was saying. ?I didn?t?It was my master?I was trying to kill my?I would never hurt Healer Soneja?I wouldn?t do that.?

?But you did. You were still having a nightmare so I can understand why you would think it was your master. I?m going to give you something to help you sleep. You need to rest and I can not take another chance that you may attack one of the healers or even one of the padawans.?

He reached out and helped Obi-Wan to hi

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, dear. Obi-Wan certainly seems like he wants the Council to execute him. At least he's being honest but I'm sure some of the Council members will be crying for his blood after that statement.

Poor kid. Seems that he can't ever be free of that monster.

Great job with this.

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan stripped off his sleep tunic taking notice of the myriad of scars that littered his torso and back. He had seen them many times before but today one in particular caught his interest. He took his finger and traced one of the more prominent scars across his chest. Obi-Wan could remember how he got each and every scar and this one was no different. The scar that held his interest was a result of his master threatening to cut out his heart.

~You didn?t succeed that day, but I guess in the end, you got what you wanted. You wanted me to be heartless and so I was?I killed you.~

No, Obi, you're not heartless, only heart sick.

?No Master Windu. I have no regrets except one.?

?And that would be??

Without any hesitation, Obi-Wan calmly replied to Master Windu and the council, ?That I didn?t kill him sooner.?

I'm very sure that is true.

You are doing a wonderful job with this story, letting us know all of Obi-Wan's pain without even really detailing the experiences.

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    HOw tragic that any use of the Force would cause pain to Obi-Wan. :(

?Yes. I would never lie to you, Padawan?Kenobi.? Qui-Gon silently cursed himself as he realized that he was developing an attachment to the youth.

It's far to late for those regrets Qui-Gon.

Without any hesitation, Obi-Wan calmly replied to Master Windu and the council, ?That I didn?t kill him sooner.?

I know he truly feels that, but whemn the COuncil is already against you, that's not the ocrrect way to phrase it.

20. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Sounds like Obi is in trouble again...he doesn't deserve any punishment! Hopefully Qui will be able to fix things and Obi will accept him too. I loved the fact that Qui already feels proud of Obi and stuff. Great characterization! Thanks for the PM too. Keep writing. Thanks!

21. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I guess now we're even because neither of us can feel anything anymore.

Pretty much says it all.

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Shock Horror.:eek:
    I wonder what Elad did to Obi-Wan for him not to regret taking his life.
    The man must have been a monster.[face_skull]

keep up the good writing=D=

23. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    The plot thickens as it were. I'm glad that the previously nameless healer was not killed at Obi's hand. Nice touch with the Force push she had to use having the painful effect on Obi-Wan. He really is a mess, isn't he. Now, jhe won't eat unless given permission. This really is a sad case of abuse.

Nathe seems to have a stern manner on the whole. The way he treated ? wasn't exactly genial. At least he and Qui-Gon are on good terms.

What an evil cliffie. Here I was thinking we would get the council session and you only teased us!

Keep up the good work. The next post should be explosive, considering Plu Koon and his side of the council.

24. AtToN_LuVeR_99

AtToN_LuVeR_99 Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    :eek: Wow.
    Thats all I got.
    Your story is wonderful and very tragic. I love stories like this. And this story of Obi Wan brings out a new perspective to the whole character of Obi Wan that makes me love him all the more![face_love]
    I love the way you write Jinn! He is exactly what I would picture him especially the description of his quarters. Wow. Made me love him even more! lol.
    I hope you continue to write!
    Cuz I will keep reading!;)
    AL99

25. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    dianethx: Thank you, Master.:) Have a wonderful time at CIV!

Valairy_Scot: Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate you reading this story!

Healer_Leona: Obi has a lot against him beside the council, but your right...it probably wasn't the thing to say. Thank you for reading.

dimyavie: Thank you! :) Obi and trouble seem to find each other quite a bit! ;)

ranta: Yep. I agree that about sums it up! Thank you for reading.

Gkilkenny: A monster is an excellent way to describe Elad. Thank you for reading. I'm so glad you are enjoying it.

brodiew: The first council scene is coming up. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

AfToN_LuVeR_99: I'm so glad you enjoyed and took the time to post your encouraging comments. I plan to keep writing, so please keep reading![face_praying]

The next post is coming up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.