main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Turning (Intertrilogy, OCs, Repost)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GunslingerJade, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunslingerJade

GunslingerJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    This is a little slice of a story I wrote and posted on my tatooinewizard user name several months ago, to very little fanfare. Now it's twice beta read and fixed and archive rejected, one day when I've made a career out of writing I should add the rest of what I know to this, for what I know would make a novel. It would be more satisfying as a novel, I'm a novelist, although not yet published. If you read this please don't lurk, do let me know if you like this or if you think my writing style lacks sophistication.

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars, if you didn't know. He makes lots of money off of it, I make none. I'm an oddity who has some fun writing fan fic... from time to time.

The Turning

Dolora Gintshaft had heard a mysterious voice several times since having escaped the Imperials. It kept repeating itself, as if its message were part of a malfunctioning holo-transmission. Come to me at Falcrin, it had told her, and even though the echoing words had chilled her, she complied, for the voice seemed reveal her destiny. Dolora couldn?t relish her freedom because of this; she still felt as though she were a prisoner, and the feeling intensified as she piloted the Soul Searcher into the stark gray planet?s atmosphere.

The most visible landmark for miles was a palace. Over a hundred and fifty years ago the fortress had been an omnipresent, bleak monster. One look at its powerful façade was enough to make some go mad with fear. Yet since all but one of the members of the Head Family had been murdered, the black-stone castle had been left to the mercy of the elements and rot.

The sickly looking, distressed young woman would have been tempted to put the Soul Searcher down there and take a look around, but the voice spoke to her again. You will not find me there. These new words seemed just as chilling as the others had, but Dolora was ready to forget about the castle and go slightly beyond it, to a nearby rocky hillside, which overlooked the small village that trickled into a barren wasteland.

Why was this? Not even she knew the answer. Whoever was beckoning her?that was if she wasn?t completely imagining things?was using the Force to lure her to him, that was clear. Somehow she had felt that this person had been in a cave in the hillside for a long time, waiting for her. Then Dolora thought of something. Why had Vader and the Emperor never picked up on this presence? Why would she be granted this knowledge? After all, her own Force abilities were quite meager in comparison. It made no sense, but she felt herself becoming curious instead of skeptical.

After a moment, though, she felt it was time to come to her senses. Maybe all this is a trap, the young woman suddenly thought. Maybe there was another Dark Side user, perhaps an Imperial Inquisitor, and this person would kill her. She didn?t know if this were the truth or not, but still she pressed on, landing the vessel on the towering cliff, where the cave entrance was positioned.

She exited the Soul Searcher, but before entering the cave to ultimately meet her destiny, she wistfully looked at ship. So many awful memories came flooding back into her. This vessel had been Crin Fabian?s. The very handsome rebel leader, dead at the hands of Imperials, had been sort of a mentor to Dolora. But at least Crin?s death hadn?t been her fault, like Tesler?s had been. She closed her eyes, attempting hold back the memories, but the horrid thoughts shuttled to the forefront anyway.

If only I had been able to restrain my anger, Dolora mused silently. Then even her mental voice became quiet as she dwelt on her past sins.

She had beaten Tesler with sadistic fury because she?d been positive that he had betrayed her and the small band of rebels. How wrong she had been. Tesler had been innocent, and she?d nearly crippled him, leaving Myron Lon?that scum-sucking Imperial spy?to put him out of his misery.

Dolora hated the Imperials even more than she had on the day that she had joined up with the rebel group. She wouldn?t have thought it po

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nope, it's actually pretty good. Don't worry about the archives. If it isn't Obi-torture/angst/romance with some handmaiden then they won't accept it.

3. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    No, it doesn't suck. I thought it was good, as usual.

lordmaul13

4. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    Thanks guys.

5. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    Upping this for any late-night Americans... Any takers?

6. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    No? Well up again anyway.

7. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Oh, very cool. :cool: From the presence of Xcelcior, I take it this would have fitted with the Legend of Black Saber sequence, yes? ?[face_plain]

Don't mind getting rejected. I sent them one of my viggies (Against A Dark Background, I think) and they rejected that as well. It happens. *shrug*

This is pretty damn good though, so be proud.

Nem :D

PS: Nice new username - can I call you GJ? :p

8. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    From the presence of Xcelcior, I take it this would have fitted with the Legend of Black Saber sequence, yes?

Dolora's one of Cloudia and Torin's descendants.

Don't mind getting rejected. I sent them one of my viggies (Against A Dark Background, I think) and they rejected that as well. It happens. *shrug*

I just think the worst part was when I asked one of the reviewers for specifics about why it was rejected and I got just about an entire page in Word concerning things that were wrong with it.

This is pretty damn good though, so be proud.

Okay, thanks :) And it's good to see you around. Hopefully I'll catching up on your story like I promised a month ago.

PS: Nice new username - can I call you GJ? If you want to, I don't mind. Or you could still call me TW. You'll confuse some maybe but I'll understand.

9. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  10. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  11. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  12. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  13. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I liked this. :D You have good descriptions. I also thought it was cool when Dolora would think something, and then Xcelcior would respond because he heard her. And I've told other people this before: phooey on the archive. :p

Not many readers seem to be biting this one, maybe you can give it a flashier title. (Or put Obi in the title bar. [face_mischief] I mean, Vader's mentioned, Obi's his master, so it works right? :p)

That reminds me ... in your stories does Xcelcior ever come up against Palpatine or Vader? That would be cool. :cool:

:D

14. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I enjoyed it, I suppose a black lightsabre would be a colour outside the visible spectrum.

Sympathies about not being archived, glad that I decided to "just" start posting fanfic here rather than going the other route.

Looking forward to how this will continue.

15. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    HHP : Glad you found this.

I liked this. You have good descriptions. I also thought it was cool when Dolora would think something, and then Xcelcior would respond because he heard her.

Thanks.

And I've told other people this before: phooey on the archive.

Well, I know they've rejected other people and I haven't really understood why.

Not many readers seem to be biting this one, maybe you can give it a flashier title. (Or put Obi in the title bar.

Now that's really tempting, but such a fabrication might call up many Dark Side emotions...

That reminds me ... in your stories does Xcelcior ever come up against Palpatine or Vader? That would be cool.

No. I've never written, and never plan to write, a canon character. I like to mention them and that's about it.

_JM_ Thanks as well.

16. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  17. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  18. Darth_Hobbit_Padawan

Darth_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Master

Oct 22, 2003
    Now that's really tempting, but such a fabrication might call up many Dark Side emotions...

And what, may I ask, is wrong with the Dark Side? :confused:

[face_devil]

*runs off thread, cackling evilly*

19. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    And what, may I ask, is wrong with the Dark Side?

Nothing, just so long as it's not directed at me ;)

...or if you're playing Final Fantasy VIII and one of your Guardian Forces (the one I call Thanatos)learns an ability called Dark Side, that'll wound not only the enemy but the character using it...

20. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  21. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  22. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  23. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004