main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Turning (Intertrilogy, OCs, Repost)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GunslingerJade, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunslingerJade

GunslingerJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Aren't I stubborn?

up

2. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    Apparently I'm addicted to performing useless tasks...

3. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  4. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  5. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  6. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  7. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  8. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  9. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  10. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  11. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  12. Mjsullivan

Mjsullivan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2003
    your persistence paid off, gunslingerjade. I really liked your story. The only thing that I thought was wrong was that there was no formatting! internal thoughts, ship names, telepathic voices etc. should be in italics.

Otherwise, a good little story with a surprising ending. I've gone and posted a review in the writers resource for it. Might get a few more readers over here ;)

13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hey there

I was glad to see your thread in the Writer's Resource Challenge! I didn't think I'd hear from you again.

I enjoyed reading your post again. And take out the very last line of your first post (spoken like a true beta-reader) 8-} . This IS good stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more from you. :D

14. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    This is exciting, more readers.

Mjsullivan :

your persistence paid off, gunslingerjade.

Apparently, and I'm glad. I wasn't sure if it would in this case, but I tend to be stubborn sometimes.

The only thing that I thought was wrong was that there was no formatting! internal thoughts, ship names, telepathic voices etc. should be in italics.

Oh that. It was that way originally, but when I copied it over from Word it lost all that. I forgot about that.

I've gone and posted a review in the writers resource for it. Might get a few more readers over here I've read that, and thanks, that was great. :)

tangled_sphere :

I was glad to see your thread in the Writer's Resource Challenge! I didn't think I'd hear from you again.

Sorry about that. I've been meaning to, especially when I saw you had a thread in the writer's resource. Glad you found this, I know it don't help that I have a ton of different user names, though I only use this one now.

I enjoyed reading your post again. And take out the very last line of your first post (spoken like a true beta-reader) . This IS good stuff.

Thanks, and I also owe you another big thanks for making me see an error that I'd missed, something about when Xcelcior's mentioning the Imperial Dolora killed on Coruscant. It sounds more recent and it wasn't, and how is anybody supposed to know that she and her comrades were held captive on her brother's Star Destroyer instead of Coruscant when I didn't say, so I really owe you there.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more from you.

I'm going to go find the link to The Legend of Black Saber and post it here in a minute. Now that was 124 pages in Word, size ten font, no spaces between the paragraphs. So if you have the time I hope you check it out. If you liked this, you'll like that better.

15. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    Okay, so I found it. Here's the link.

the legend of black saber

It might need revamped, certainly if I could send it to a publisher it couldn't be sent out without another draft, mostly for tyops though. There's no formatting there either, when I first came to this site I had no clue how people did all that. So here it is, and if you do decide to read it, any of you, I hope you enjoy.

And speaking of ,today I'm going to send a completely original piece of fiction on to the L. Ron Hubbard Writer's of the Future contest. Wish me luck, please.

16. Mjsullivan

Mjsullivan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2003
    Best of luck to you, I hope you are recognised :)

17. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    Thanks. :) It's sent now and so the wait begins.

18. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
  19. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I'll check out your story. Thanks for the link. :)

20. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    Hope you like it.

21. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    heads up: I've got a new fic. The link's in my sig.

22. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Great story Jade! I loved it! Her falling to the Darkside was great. How he answered her thoughts were kickass too! This should'a been in the archives, it's a great piece. My stuff gets rejected all the time! LMAO. Anything focused on original characters never does get the credit it deserves!

23. GunslingerJade

Feb 15, 2004
    Great story Jade! I loved it!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading :)

This should'a been in the archives, it's a great piece.

Thanks. I'm writing one more story now that I'm going to try submitting to the archives, and if they complain endlessly about that one I'll know they're crazy ;)

Anything focused on original characters never does get the credit it deserves!

Unfortunately, and I should know. I'm the founder of the Original Character Alliance in the Writers' Resource.

24. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I didn't know there was an Original Character Alliance! Could I have a link? I'd love to check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.