main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The TV Thread! quotes, discussions, favorite shows...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    How YOU doin? :p

OK here's the TV thread....
    Discuss all things TV here...quotes, your favorite shows, past and present, favorite episodes, discussions, etc.
    Dramas, Comedies, Cartoons, anything...

My favorite shows: Twin Peaks and Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Best shows STILL on tv....Simpsons AND SNL!

I also still enjoy Smallville, Friends and Sex and the City...sometimes That 70's Show...

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Does anyone know if the old EXO Squad cartoon will be released on DVD? That show managed to simultaneously both rock and roll.

Oh, and Farscape reruns make me wish I had the Sci-Fi Channel. I've heard good things about that one.

3. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Monk and Dead Zone. And shamefully, WWE seeps into the line up.

Also, Whose line is it anyway!

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    managed to simultaneously both rock and roll
    :eek: wow. didn't know that was possible. :p

I have Sci fi. It use to be one of my favorite channels. But they took off a bunch of the stuff I enjoyed like Friday the 13th the Series. But I do still watch Sliders from time to time and Roar (mmmmmm Heath Ledger)...

What I WISH I had was FX. :_| I miss watching all the old Buffy reruns. sniff.

5. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I have neither Sci-Fi nor FX and that makes Baby Jebus cry.

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I have neither Sci-Fi nor FX and that makes Baby Jebus cry.

ahhh... poor baby. :( do you HAVE cable? and if so...why???? no fx, no sci fi. pshhhaaah! what DO they have? your cable company sucks worse than mine.

7. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    If by 'cable' you mean 'an antenna on top of my tv', then yes; yes I do.

//whistles nonchalantly//

8. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    what the hell do you spend your $ on??? I pay twice the rent you do and I have digital cable! Yeah digital baby! all 300+ channels! :p

currently watching my favorite friends episode tape...

[Time lapse. The girls have Ross pinned face down. Phoebe is sitting on his back and arms while holding his head down and facing Rachel. Rachel is sitting on his knees and holding his lower legs vertically, causing Ross pain.]

Rachel: Say it!

Phoebe: Say we are unagi!

Ross: It's not something you are! It's something you have!

Rachel: Say it!

Ross: Y'know what? I can easily get out of this, but there is a chance you can get very, very hurt!

(Rachel yanks on his legs again and he groans in pain.)

9. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I've only seen a few episodes of Monk, but it's really a pretty interesting show.

10. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    It's a great show especially if you have an neuroticism, OCD, phoebias, etc. ;)

11. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok I am having a MAJOR Twin Peaks experience here....my post just COMPLETELY disappeared.

:eek: SPOOKY!!!

12. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Yeah for Golden Girls and The Nanny!!

*ducks the shoes being thrown at her*

13. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Golden Girls are awesome
    The Nanny . . . annoying

14. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    ditto that jada. course i watched the golden girls the FIRST time they were on :p i have to admit a lot of the stuff on that show was written pretty well. i still crack myself up watching the reruns....

OK I TOTALLY forgot to put That 70's Show on here. I really don't watch currents eps, or didn't because they were on when Buffy was.... And the last few seasons haven't been nearly as good as the first couple were. The Star Wars ep was hilarious, but the "Garage Sale" ep was by FAR my favorite. Hyde bakes his "special" brownies to sell at the garage sale and forgets a batch in the oven that Red, Kitty and Donna's parents end up eating. Too funny!

OH! And X-Men RULES! I'm so glad it's on ABC Family. ANd speaking of cartoons, I just MAY be bringing a few tapes of cartoons for the party... :p ;)

EDIT:
    Had to add 70's Show and SNL to my favorite shows post. HOW ON EARTH could I forget to mention SNL?? (hangs head in shame!!)
    I have been watching that since almost the begining. I use to sneak glimpses of it when I was supposed to be in bed as a kid and my parents were watching it. I've been imitating the skits since I was a kid. :p I have gobs and GOBS of SNL tapes. Perhaps we can have an SNL party one day. THAT would ROCK freaking socks!!! I've been putting those tapes together since jr high :p There's a LOT of them. That and I have a ton of the "best of" ones that they sold as well. Does it GET any better then the Jeopardy Sean Connery skits?? --suck it trebeck! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Unfortunately most of my TV viewing is Playhouse Disney. But then again, The Wiggles are all cute. [face_laugh]

16. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Sex and the City RULES! :p
    "I have to go get other people some drinks now, and by OTHER I mean me" [face_laugh]
    SCHWEET! :D

17. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Season finale of Dead Zone. BooHoo! Then again, I have to catch up on episodes I missed so reruns here I come.

Does anyone know if La Femme Nikita is out on DVD???

that show was . . . interesting. Hated the way they ended it . . . both times.

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Dead Zone was interesting but I never really got completely into it.

BTW Vanilla Cokes RULE! :p

19. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    24! You can't watch this show one week at a time... it would drive you MAD! So we got season 1 on DVD and just did a marathon. Not completely in realtime, but almost. Say, anyone up for a real-time 24 party? Party woud start at midnight Friday, watch the entire season in real time, then crash at midnight Saturday?

20. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Friends... "How you doin'?" :D

ER - Yes, even now I am still a junkie... Though it's starting to tick me off... I don't like bad Carter :(

And my one true weakness.... And yes I know this will make me sound terribly pathetic... But I just can't help myself... [face_blush] Gilmore Girls :eek: [face_blush] I am so weak! :( :_| :p

All time favorite shows (and yes this will date me horribly): The Misfits of Science, Facts of Life, The Powers of Matthew Starr, Donny & Marie, Silver Spoons, Different Strokes, Night Court, Beauty & the Beast (Vincent /swoon/ [face_love] ), Dallas (the early years - up to the Who Shot JR? Season), Little House on the Praire, The Waltons, The Brady Bunch, All in the Family, In the Heat of the Night, Quincy, and Wonder Woman...

EDIT: Ooops! [face_blush] Forgot a couple of the best ones... Dukes of Hazzard, BJ & the Bear, The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo, A-Team, Knightrider and of course.... $6,000,000 Man/Bionic Woman

21. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks to Tivo, I can now record all the cool shows I want... but now I need to find time to actually watch them. Grrrrrr!

22. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    HOLY CRAP!!!! David Duchovny is on Sex and the City next week as Carrie's high school love!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! Thank you GOD!! :p

ZOO, once again, YOU ROCK! :p
    Friends... "How you doin'?"
    you DID see that was in my original post??? HA! so good!

OMG HOW on EARTH could I forget about ER???? Doug, Carter and oh my god smokin hot Kovac?? yes please! :p

Facts of Life was my favorite. I STILL want to be Blair. sigh. Silver Spoons, YES!!! I had such a crush on Ricky Schroeder that my mom helped me write a fan letter and I got this packet full of stuff like a signed pic :p I must have been like 5 at the time. Geez. memories. :D I wanted that stupid train thing they had they roamed thru the house, SO BAD! Different Strokes, Gimme a Break, Good Times, Dallas (which I had to sneak to watch)Who Shot JR?--YES! I remember that!!! Little House on the Praire--I wanted Almanzo BAD! :p, A-Team, I STILL WORSHIP MR.T!!! KnightRider!!! Kitt was the coolest! And Dukes...OMG Dukes. I wanted Bo SO bad. I use to play Dukes of Hazzard with my next door neighbor...on my sisters Dukes of Hazzard Big Wheel! :p And we use to play C.H.I.P.S patrol instead of cops and robbers....:p Those were the days.....Charlies Angels, which until I found a picture last year that I had NEVER seen of me, I NEVER KNEW that my mom had actually let me have a Charlies Angels poster up on my door in my room when I was like 4-5. :p Wonder Woman...sigh. Yes, there is nothing I wanted to be in life more than Wonder Woman or Princess Leia. Ahh the sweet memories of youth.

23. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    OMG :eek: :eek: I can't believe I forgot about Gimme A Break!!!!! :eek: [face_blush] Shame on me! :p I started watching that show because my god-sister was once friends w/ the girl who played Katie!... But I was so hooked on that show... My favorite episode of that show was when Sam thought she was pregnant for kissing that boy... [face_laugh] And when the Chief died! :eek: :( :_| Total Niagra Falls [face_blush]

EDIT: BTW Princess.... You just made me feel very old when you said you were 5 watching Silver Spoons :p :_|

24. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Well, I'm older than you are. I was a kid in the 60's. We were still watching TV programs in black and white! [face_blush]

I work swing shift now, so I don't get to watch much TV anymore, except on the weekends. I'm too busy to tape and watch everything I miss on week nights.

I used to be able to at least listen to my TV shows that came on the major networks on my Walkman, but now they won't let us have those anymore, either! :( :mad:

25. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    LORI!!!! you posted!!! :D :D :D

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER THAN I AM RIGHT NOW!!!!

Lori RULES!! Everyone this is my friend Lori and she ROCKS!!! I asked her to come to the PFF boards and she has!!! :D YA!!!! HURRAY!!!

Lori you will feel so at home here, you won't even realize it's not the OC boards ;)

James likes it! :D AND btw he hasn't been posting lately....I need to call him and see what's going on... OOOOOHHHH!!!! I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE HERE AT LAST!!! :D

COLOR ME STOKED GIRL!!! At last, someone that knows me, that understands what is going on :p
    Lori is WELL versed in the ways of the stalkers ;) Plus she RULES! Were it not for her, I never would have finished my belt in time for Con....WHEN IS THE NEXT 6 flags trip??????
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.