main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The TV Thread! quotes, discussions, favorite shows...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I love Joe Bob Briggs. And I am just gonna admit that. He rules. Monster Vision was the COOLEST thing around. It was awesome! Not only did they show every horror movie under the sun, but they had all these cheesy comedy bits and body counts, etc. all sorts of funny stuff. I think my favorite parts were when Joe Bob analyzed things that were happening in the movie. Anything was fair game, especially the cheesiest aspects of the films. He took horror film appreciation from kinda dorky to hilariously witty & cool. Never was there a cooler smart ass. :p :D SO some of these links I've had saved in my stuff. And good thing cause I had to really search for them originally. Anyways investigate the greatness that is Monstervision and Joe Bob Briggs! :D

Script archives of the shows! Awesome!!

Joe Bob's Official Site

Joe Bob Interview

DUDE!!!! OMG! Joe Bob Briggs is gonna be at this Horror Con in NJ. Dang. I may have to make a road trip. Oi!
    Also there will be Jason, his mother, & Pinhead. :p cool.

Joe Bob, in person! :eek:

BTW-He was dorky as hell, but I thought he was HOT! :eek: Yes, I admit it, I had a crush on Joe Bob. So there. :p But it's not always about looks you know. A guy that knows his horror films AND is that sarcastic and witty. MMMmmm...my type of guy! ;)

2. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    ronin: totally forgot to mention gargoyles! damn my memory. :p gargoyles was a GREAT show.

and i also watched seaquest dsv religiously. that show ruled. someday i'll have a pet dolphin named darwin, and then everyone will know that i am cool. ;)

now that i think of it, what the hell happened to jonathan brandis? he kind of fell off the face of the earth.

and on THAT topic... who watched earth2? it used to be on right after seaquest.

another one i didn't list was quantum leap. i think i've seen almost every episode. the reason i didn't list it is because when i see the reruns on sci-fi, all i can think is, "this show isn't quite as good as i remember." but it ruled at the time, and it marks the first time i ever saw a guy dressed as a girl. :D

okay, let's see, what's one no one ever remembers.... how about roundhouse on nickelodeon? where the dad had that decked out easy chair that he drove around, complete with a bbq and tv attached to it? i always wanted that thing. :D

i mean i was such a devout snick watcher... are you afraid of the dark, the secret adventures of alex mack, aah! real monsters. even the bumper commercials for snick, like "the space between mr. frear's ears" or whatever it was called.

and then the other nick shows... rocko's modern life, salute your shorts, "hey, dude," and best of all: the adventures of pete & pete. you gotta love a show where iggy pop plays michelle tratchenberg's dad.

dammit, i wish nickelodeon would start releasing this stuff on dvd. :p

3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I think for the most part Lord Reaper, like in math, the Simpsons are a given. It is practically on everyone's list so it's not mentioned over and over again.

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    i cannot recommend enough the episode of inside the actor's studio with the entire simpsons cast.

i have it on tape and will gladly loan it to anyone that wants to see it. it's freakin hilarious!

i also have almost one entire show of joe bob briggs on monster vision, when the movie was of course twin peaks, fire walk with me.

perhaps i will bring it with me this weekend...i bet jess at least would be up for a viewing ;)

OH and I still have all that stuff from Con on tape. I can bring that for anyone that missed some of the panels I took video of...The Comic Book the Movie(Mark Hamill, Stan Lee, etc.), The Simpsons, Buffy, LOTR, Clone Wars Cartoon, ahm....I feel like I am forgeting something here...???

5. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I see where you're coming from Chewie...for instance, when people ask me what my favorite movies are, I'm all "The Matrix, Terminator 2, Die Hard, blah blah blah" I never seem to mention Star Wars because it's so high and above, it's beyond any "list" in my book.

Jupiter, we're doing a nice job of reminding eachother, YES, Earth 2 was good, though I don't believe it lasted very long. And Quantum Leap, GREAT show "...and each time, hoping his next leap would be the leap home." -fade to white. (though I probably screwed up the quote)

6. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    the quote was something like that. i think the show was on for about two seasons, probably not much more than that.

now, wasn't there a weird seaquest spinoff? like seaquest 2040 or something? it's like the show ended and then came back, but it wasn't on for long.

7. Master_Ronin

May 16, 2002
    All I remember is that they ended up in the future and then on another planet, and Mark Hamill was a guest star...yes it seems to be it went away shortly after that.

8. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    does anyone remember that nick show "space cases"? it was like a bunch of teens/preteens in space, and their ship was sort of alive so they didn't really have to know how to use it, and they'd go on different adventures. it was a pretty entertaining show as i remember... i watched it quite a bit. mark hamill guest starred as one half of a very green alien duo in one episode. guess who the other half was? bill mumy, who was apparently a co-creator of the show.

wow, this site takes me back. i remember i used to want to be suzee or catalina, could never decide. :D http://www.spacecasestv.com/sc_crew.html

9. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh I love Square Pegs. I LOVE the way Lauren always has her hair in a different Leia hairstyle in every scene. Tonight it was the ANH buns & the Hoth braid wrap around. :p cool. so very cool. :D

10. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    :eek: OMG! I had completely forgotten about the hair thing! [face_laugh]

11. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002

[ebonics]Twenny-fo is da shznizzle fo rizzle![/ebonics]

BEST. NON SCI-FI SHOW. EVER.

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    watched that new show on hbo carnivale. still not sure what to make of it. haven't decided if i'm gonna watch next week or not...

sex and the city is no more until jan so maybe i will... :(

13. Master_Ronin

May 16, 2002
    JediDragon, I couldn't agree with you more. I own both seasons on DVD. And both seasons, I never seemed to find the time to watch them while they were on the air, and I'm find that's a good thing, cause there's no way I could survive from week to week. I can barely get myself to stop the DVD as it is.

14. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    My new favorite show is Smallville. I've always had this thing for Superman. [face_love]

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Tom Welling is so hot. I just put up the WB poster I got at con. It's an ad for the Season 1 set, with the pic of Clark, shirtless, up on the scarecrow posts on one side and Clark, Lex, & Lana are on the other, announcing the move to Wed nights (with Angel! yippie!)....guess which side I put up. :p Gotta love lex, but Clark shirtless. :p no contest.

tee hee...speak of the devil! look what i found :p
    [image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JLKB.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg]

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Smallville - I usually flip it on momentarily, until I catch sight of my girlhood crush.... John Schneider [face_love] That man is still very hot! :D [face_love]

[image=http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Images/Dynamic/i7/SM-Gallery-8_2x3_240.jpg]

But other than that... Eh...

17. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    lol.
    yes i too was in love with Bo Duke from Hazzard County. :p :D

he was just a good ol boy...
    and he looked good in tight jeans ;)

18. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Mmm, Tom Welling is soooooo yummy!!

19. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    can't forget sexy lexy :p
    [image=http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Images/Dynamic/i7/SM-Gallery-3_2x3_240.jpg]

20. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    oh and tom welling is so perfectly sculpted that sometimes i think he really is an alien or perhaps an edward scissorhands or a robot ala buffy...i mean the boy is just so chiseled.
    [image=http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Images/Dynamic/i7/SM-Gallery-1_2x3_240.jpg]
    he looks mad here...grrr.. [face_laugh]

21. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Random Friends quotes/scenes I love because:
    A) The show ROCKS FREAKIN SOCKS and people need to realize that and start watching it! :p
    B)I was inspired by one quote last weekend...and here it is:

Ross: It tastes like feet!
    Joey: I like it.
    Ross: Are you kidding?
    Joey: What's not to like? Custard? Good. Jam? Good. Meat? Gooooood.

Joey: How YOU doin?

CHANDLER: What? [realizes it was the bracelet] Oh this is excellent. You know he coulda gotten me a VCR, he coulda gotten me a set of golf clubs, but no, he has to get me the woman repeller, the eyesore from the Liberace house of crap.
    PHOEBE: It's not that bad.
    CHANDLER: Oh, yeah, easy for you to say, you don't have to walk around sporting some reject from the Mr. T collection. [Joey walks in behind Chandler]
    PHOEBE: Chandler, Chandler.
    CHANDLER: I pity the fool who puts on my jewelry, I do, I do. I pity the fool that. . . [turns around and sees Joey] Hi.

JOEY: Lookin' good Mr. Kotter.

Joey: (approaching) Ross, hey, the band's ready outside for your first dance with Emily, so...
    Ross: (sarcastic) Oh! Oh-oh, the BAND'S ready! Well, I-I-we gotta do what the BAND says -- I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STUPID BAND!!!!

Joey: All right! So that's it! It's over! Everybody knows!
    Monica: Well actually, Ross doesn't.
    Chandler: Yes, and we'd appreciate it if no one told him yet.
    [Scene: Ross's new apartment, he is showing his boss, Dr. Ledbetter his new place and new outlook on life.]
    Ross: A new place for a new Ross. I'm gonna have you and all the guys from work over once it's y'know, furnished.
    Dr. Ledbetter: I must say it's nice to see you back on your feet.
    Ross: Well I am that. And that whole rage thing is definitely behind me.
    Dr. Ledbetter: I wonder if its time for you to rejoin our team at the museum?
    Ross: Oh Donald that-that would be great. I am totally ready to come back to work. I -- What? (He notices something through the window-something being Chandler and Monica across the street, kissing.) No! Wh... What are you doing?!! (Dr. Ledbetter is slowly backing away.) GET OFF MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chandler: Okay! (He joins her on one knee) Okay! Okay! Oh God, I thought... (Starting to cry, pauses) Wait a minute, I-I can do this. (Pause) I thought that it mattered what I said or where I said it. Then I realized the only thing that matters is that you, (Pause) you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. (Starting to cry again.) And if you'll let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way. (Pause as he gets out the ring.) Monica, will you marry me?

Ross: (To Rachel) Yeah, I still don't know. (To the salesman who is hovering nearby) I'm sorry I just wanna make sure that I bought the right couch. I need a couch that says, "Kids welcome here." But that also says, (In a sexy voice) "Come here to me!"
    Rachel: What?! You say that to kids?!!
    Ross: No! No! No! The "Come here to me" is y'know for the ladies.
    Rachel: Ross, honey, it's a nice couch. It's not a magic couch.

The Salesman: You two are really gonna enjoy that couch.
    Ross: Oh yeah, we're uh, yeah we're not together. (He starts backing out of the store.)
    The Salesman: Ohh, okay. (Laughs.) Something didn't quite add up there. (Ross stops, walks back to talk to the salesman, and in the process pushes Rachel up against a wall.)
    Rachel: Ross!
    Ross: What's that supposed to mean?
    Rachel: Ross!
    The Salesman: Well you, her, I mean, she's very...y'know. And you're like...y'know.
    Ross: Not that it's any of your business, but we DID go out.
    The Salesman: Really? You two?
    Ross: Yeah! Rach?
    Rachel: Come on, I don't really want to be doing this right now. I am carrying a very heavy couch.
    Ross: Then tell him quickly!
    Rachel: (To Ross) Fine! (To the salesman) We went out.
    Ross: Not only did we go out, we did it 298 times!
    Rachel: Ross!! Oh my--ugh!! You kept count?! You are such a loser!
    Ross: A loser you did it with (To the salesman) 298 times!

Ross: Look, I-I drew a sketch about how we're gonna do it. (Showing them how they are going to

22. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    BEST OF ROSS AND RACHEL....sigh.

(Rachel picks up the next gift.)
    Rachel: Who's this from?
    Chandler: Oh, that's Ross's.
    Rachel: Oh... (opens it) ... (sees it is a pin) Oh my God. He remembered.
    Phoebe: Remembered what?
    Rachel: It was like months ago. We were walking by this antique store, and I saw this pin in the window, and I told him it was just like one my grandmother had when I was a little girl. Oh! I can't believe he remembered!
    Chandler: Well, sure, but can you play it on a plane? (pats his Travel Scrabble game)
    Phoebe: Oh, it's so pretty. This must have cost him a fortune.
    Monica: I can't believe he did this.
    Chandler: Come on, Ross? Remember back in college, when he fell in love with Carol and bought her that ridiculously expensive crystal duck?
    (Everyone looks at him. He realizes he just spilled the beans about Ross's crush on Rachel. You can hear this entire classic scene by clicking here.)
    Rachel: What did you just say?
    Chandler: (panicked) ahem... um... Crystal duck.
    Rachel: No, no, no.... the, um, the... 'love' part?
    Chandler: (stuttering incoherently) F-hah.... flennin....
    Rachel: Oh.... my God.
    Chandler: (rubbing his temples) Oh, no-no-no-no-no....
    Joey: (pats Chandler on the leg) That's good, just keep rubbing your head. That'll turn back time.

Rachel: (on phone) Ross, hi, it's Rachel. I'm just calling to say that um, everything's fine and I'm really happy for you and your cat who, by the way, I think you should name Michael. And, you know, ya see there I'm thinking of names so obviously, I am over you. I am over you and that, my friend, is what they call closure. (hangs up and tosses phone in the ice bucket)

ROSS: You're welcome.
    RACHEL: What?
    ROSS: I was saving you.
    RACHEL: Saving, saving, saving me from the pleasant conversation with the interesting man, saving me?
    ROSS: Oh, see from where I was sitting I uh. . .
    RACHEL: OK, Ross, listen to me, I am not yours to save.
    ROSS: But, you are.
    RACHEL: What?
    ROSS: Uh, uh, well you're, umm, you're my lobster.
    RACHEL: OK, you know what, are, are you being like, the blind date guy again?
    ROSS: No no, you're uh, you're my lobster. See um, lobsters, uhh, in the tank when, when they're old, uhh, they get with, uhh, they walk around holding the claws. In the tank, ya know, with, with the holding and. . . Uhh, Phoebs you wanna help me out with the, the whole lobster thing?
    PHOEBE: Do the claws again.
    ROSS: Rach. OK, forget, forget the lobsters OK. We're, let's talk, what about us?
    RACHEL: Ross, there is no us, OK.
    ROSS: No, but. . .
    RACHEL: No, listen to me. I fell for you and I get clobbered. You then fall for me and I again, somehow, get clobbered. I'm tired of being clobbered, ya know, it's, it's just not worth it.
    ROSS: Well, but, but. . .
    RACHEL: NO but Ross. We are never gonna happen, OK. Accept that.
    ROSS: E-except, except that what?
    RACHEL: No, no, ACC-cept that.
    ROSS: Oh.

Rachel: (she leans over and kisses him on the cheek) Honey, I was wondering....
    Ross: Hmm?
    Rachel: Do you still have that, um, Navy uniform?
    Ross: Nooo, I had to return it to the costume place.
    Rachel: Hmm.
    Ross: I think I have an old band uniform from high school.
    Rachel: You remember not getting any in high school, right?
    Ross: Yeah.
    Rachel: Well honey, what about you?
    Ross: What?
    Rachel: I mean do you have any fun, you know, fantasy type things?
    Ross: No.
    Rachel: Come on you gotta have one!
    Ross: Nope.
    Rachel: Ross, you know what...
    Ross: What?
    Rachel: ...if you tell me, I might do it.
    Ross: Okay, umm. Did you ever see, um, Return Of The Jedi?
    Rachel: Yeah.
    Ross: Do you remember the scene with, um, Jabba the Hut? Well Jabba had as, as his prisoner, um, Princess Leia.
    Rachel: Oooh!
    Ross: Princess Leia, was wearing this, um, gold bikini thing. It was pretty cool.

Ross: (yelling from the bedroom) WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!!!!!
    Chandler: (entering with Joey) (to Monica) Coffee house?
    Monica: You bet.
    [cut back to Rachel's bedroom with both of them hurriedly getting dressed]
    Ross: And for the record, it took two p

23. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I liked the scene where Monica asked Ross, "which dress will make your little sister look sexier in so your best friend would want to ... her."

24. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    HA!! and the one where Chandler has to "make the present" not buy it for Valentine's Day....
    and Joey suggests buying a certain kind of underwear...

and Chandler says:
    Well appealing as that does sound to her boyfriend (pause) and her brother, (the camera pans to Ross flashing Joey a very evil look; Joey gets scared) I can't do that we promised we'd make each other gifts this year. [face_laugh]

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    So, obviously, I am not the ONLY person sitting in agony waiting for the new season of Friends to start.. :p

So, How YOU doin'? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.