main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA The Twin Suns - New Website now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Yodaa, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Hello Everyone....

I would like to welcome everyone to the launch of our club website "The Twin Suns" which is now LIVE! < www.thetwinsuns.com >

Due to a computer failure this week and having to spend the better part of 4 days getting everything reinstalled, not everything that was planned to be online for the launch will make it. I opted to go ahead with the launch anyway and work on the areas that I need to finish. Those areas are listed below:

1) Forums - (I am moving the forums you saw to my server so I can host forums vs pay for them to be hosted.) With the help of a friend, we worked out the bugs to day and the forums should be setup and configured within the next week.

2) Membership pages - With my PC down, I was unable to work on these pages, so no images are up yet. Just the profile info that I have received thus far.

3) Charter (By-Laws) - Some changes where made to the FanForce version to suit the new club. These need to be ratified by the membership at our next meeting before they are posted.

4) Other sections - Some areas of the site still need some refining and will be done on an on-going basis.

-Derek Mazer
    Treasurer / Webmaster

2. Yodaa

Aug 30, 2005
    Bad News... Only a couple of Days Live and already problems. When we installed forums software on my server to use on our site, it somehow redirected all my Domain names to the default page. We are working on the issue. The site will be backup and running as soon as we figure out what the heck happened. If all else fails, we will rebuild the server from scratch this weekend.

3. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Just so everyone knows, the website looks really good, or will when we can see it again. I saw it up and running a couple of days before it was launched and I think everyone will be pleased.
    I think that it is a good thing to get the kicks out now, in the begining, rather then something coming up later.

4. DarthTaterMickey

DarthTaterMickey Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2007
    Looks good Derek glad to see the site back up!.... BTW this is Josh.... can't get into my old account sadly, can't access the email I used to register the account.

-Josh

5. Yodaa

Aug 30, 2005
    The Website is backup as of yesterday. :) The member forums and other goodies will be up within the coming weeks.

6. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Nice.:D

And welcome back to the forums Josh.[:D]

7. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Well that was short lived... found out why my old name was inaccessible.... there was a problem with my cookies.... So, I gave the server some darkside cookies and now all is well [face_dancing]

-Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.