The Twins...grow-up to become lovers?

Discussion in 'Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Ignant, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    What kind of morally bankrupt path is Lucas leading us down? Incest??
  2. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If Leia is hot and I'm sure she will be, I say more power to Luke.
  3. Palpy560 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's a little sick even for Star Wars. Maybe it's all Palpatine's plan to screw up Anakin's children. :mad:

4. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Its sick according to our beliefs (modern western), but there has been a time in history on earth where incest was encouraged. Perhaps the GFFA doesn't share the same views as we do?
  5. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Even if that is so, what point is Lucas trying to make with it?
    It wuld only work, if they didn't know each other, but how likely is that?:rolleyes:
    I hope it's just a rumour to get us all worked up.
  6. ophelia Cards Against Humanity Host. Ex-Mod

Game Host
    star 6
    Planet destruction *and* incestuous love? Gross. This film is either going to be a serious "R," or none of these supposed "spoilers" are true. I'm hoping for the second one.
  7. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Is this an actual spoiler or just your sick mind, Paul?
  8. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Actual spoiler. The two of us have the same source.
  9. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    This thread is chugging along nicely.
  10. G-FETT Force Ghost

star 7
  11. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I demand to know the source of this vile rumor. [face_plain]
  12. George_Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I'll bet that they were already cuddling in Padme's belly. That's what broke her heart.
  13. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
  14. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If you think about, it does make sense. GL is constantly pushing the envelope when it comes to special effects. Now, he's merely shifting his focus to sexual taboos and I, for one, applaud him.

Bravo, sir. =D=
  15. DarthButt Manager Emeritus

star 5
    //Looks down at my sig//

[face_laugh]
  16. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    It's a respected literary trope. Man, all the way back to the Ring of the Nibelungin.
  17. JediNemesis Jedi Master

star 4
    Incest has a long narrative tradition. The Ring of the Nibelungen, as mentioned; Túrin Turambar and Nienor in the Silmarillion; if anyone here's familiar with the legends of King Arthur they'll know that his only son (and heir) Mordred Pendragon was Arthur's son by his own half-sister.

Also, in certain cultures on Earth it was practically normal. Ancient Egyptian pharaohs would often marry one (or several) of their sisters in order to ensure that the royal blood stayed up to scratch in terms of quality.

Something similar could operate here. Judging by the *apparent* heritability of Force powers, Luke and Leia's child would have a very high midichlorian count - super-Jedi finally able to defeat the Sith. Maybe Lucas is making a point about how in order to ultimately defeat evil it is necessary to confront certain societal taboos.
  18. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    What's really sick is that acording to a source of mine, apparently Leia has a line that really sticks out.

"Wow! Look at the size of that thing!!!"
  19. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    It's nice to hear the dialogue is direct and to the point. That's the sign of a confident scribe.
  20. Vengance1003 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But at the end, they find out their true heritage and break up, right?
  21. Eleventh_Guard Force Ghost

star 5
    Why would they do that? :confused: My speculation is that it will be a little bit like Dune, when the Bene Gesserit were trying to get Paul and Alia together. Except that Luke and Leia may end up breeding some super-Jedi to deal with the Sith threat.
  22. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think Lucas would go for that - incest is so not PG, or even PG-13...or is it? Got a little problem with these American ratings...
  23. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    That would be the only way I would except this rumor
  24. JediNemesis Jedi Master

star 4
    Aside from unconfirmed rumours about Obi-Wan and Yoda, neither of whom is really in a position to reproduce, all the Jedi are dead. As Padmé wasn't a Jedi, we can guess that the twins would only inherit Force powers from Anakin and would only get half each. Therefore, the only way to produce a super-Jedi of the calibre necessary to destroy the Sith threat forever would be if Luke and Leia had a kid.

As for the ratings thing - either a) Luke and Leia get together before finding out they're siblings and then it's too late, or b) Obi-Wan makes them - "Luke, it's your duty as a Jedi . . ."

Either way there'd be no need to get over-graphic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.