main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Twins Meet (JA AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Aug 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Thank you Ibis, Anakin's Angel, and Healer Leona for helping me decide to post this. Thanks guys.
    Well, here's the first chapter. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Twins Meet
    by Kadi-Wan Kenobi

Chapter 1
    Obi-Wan sat back on his heals and looked at his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. The two were on a small, crusier heading to an unknown destination. At least, unknown to him. Qui-Gon would not tell him anything about this mission. He had so many questions, but Qui-Gon always avoided answering them. It was frustruating. Qui-Gon did usually not tell him somethings about their missions, but he had never kept all the information from him before.
    Slowly, Qui-Gon opened his eyes, coming out of meditation. His Padawan was staring at him, his eyes questioning.
    "Yes, Obi-Wan?" The Master asked innocently, standing up and stretching. Obi-Wan followed his motions, never once taking his eyes off of him.
    "Will you please tell me where we are going?" The Padawan asked once more, not able to keep it inside.
    Qui-Gon took a seat on one of the chairs, motioning for him to do the same.
    "Yes. I believe it is time." He paused, thinking of the best way to go about this. "We are traveling to the small planet called Earth."
    "Earth?" Obi-Wan echoed. He frowned. "I've never heard of it before."
    "It is a rather new planet, discovered not long before you were born. The population's only sentient species are humans who haven't achieved long distance space flight yet. They know nothing of the Republic or any other sentient species."
    "Master, I don't understand." The 14 year old frowned. "If it isn't part of the Republic, why are we going there?"
    "Obi-Wan, we are going to meet your birth family." Qui-Gon stated. Obi-Wan froze. His birth family?
    "My family..........why?" He couldn't think of anything else to say. He had hardly ever thought of his birth family as an initiate and even less since becoming Qui-Gon's Padawan. Qui-Gon and the Jedi were his family.
    "At some point during a Padawan's training, he or she is introduced to their birth family." Qui-Gon explained. He paused, a flash of pain crossing his face for a brief moment. Suddenly the Master changed the subject.
    "Come." Qui-Gon stood. "It is time for lunch. I don't want your family to think I starve you." Obi-Wan grinned. He was hungry. Jumping up, he hurried after Qui-Gon into the small kitchen.

Qui-Gon quietly prepared their lunch. His mind wasn't on it though. He was thinking of the past. The last time he had taken a Padawan to meet their birth family, he had lost him to the Dark Side. He glanced quickly over at Obi-Wan, who was silently staring at a wall. Why Yoda had decided for Obi-Wan to meet his family so young, he still couldn't understand. The earliest he had ever heard of a Padawan being introduced to their birth family was 16. He had met his birth family when he had turned 18. Obi-Wan was only 14. Did his Master know something he didn't?
    "Master?" Qui-Gon jumped at the sound of his Padawan's voice.
    "Yes Obi-Wan?" He asked, turning to the boy.
    "Is something wrong?" The boy met his gaze, worry and amusement written on his features. Amusement?
    "No Padawan. Why do you ask?"
    "You just poured the juice down the waste compactor." Qui-Gon looked down in shock at the carton he was holding. It was completely empty, and so were the glasses which were standind by the sink. The sink on the other hand had a thin pool of purple liquid slowly disappearing down the drain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok, this is very iffy. Please tell me what you think.

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hey, I like it! Obi from Earth, cool idea! So who are these twins? Is Obi one of them? And Ewan is the other one? Just kidding! ;)
    Please post more soon, you have my interest! :) :)

3. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Wow...cool! This whole thing about "Earth" is interesting! Can't wait to read more...

aa :D

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I like it... I like it!!!! The idea of Obi-Wan being an earthling is very intriguing. I look forward to more!

5. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter 2
    I looked up from my cereal, quietly watching my parents. They were acting strange, alot quieter than normal. They seemed to be really uncomfortable. I watched as they looked at each other, talking softly so I couldn't hear. Just then, Dad and Mom walked over to the table. Mom met Dad's eyes with a look that said, 'Do it.' I could practically feel waves of nervousness coming off of them. There was also guilt, happiness, and excitement. I had always been surprised at how well a person's expression could tell you so much. Angie and Owen looked up as they sat down.
    "There is something we need to tell you." Dad began. "We're going to be having company for a little while." That didn't sound too bad. Could they be guilty for making me move out of my room once again? Nah, I did it so much, I was used to it. Besides, they had never seemed this guilty before.
    "Who?" Megan asked as we exchanged a look. She had also noticed our parents were acting funny.
    "Two Jedi. A master and an apprentice. " Dad replied. My eyes widened. Jedi? Mom had told us several times that we were from another planet. Actually, Mom, Dad, and I were from another planet. Megan,Owen,and Kirsten had been born on Earth. I had only been a baby when our parents had come with their families for a simpler life. Mom had told us about the Republic and the Jedi and their home planets. But I had never expected to actually meet a Jedi. But why us? Why would these warriors come to see us?
    "Why?" I asked, looking from Mom to Dad, back to Mom.
    "The master is an old friend of ours." Dad began. If he was an old friend, why hadn't he visited before? And why hadn't I ever heard about him? Mom and Dad exchanged another look. "He is bringing his apprentice to meet us."
    "Why?" I asked again. Why now? Why should this Master suddenly want to bring his apprentice to meet us?
    "Because he is your brother."
    "We have another brother?" Megan asked. I glanced at Owen. He looked excited. I couldn't blame him. He had always thought he only had sisters.
    "How old is he?" Owen asked.
    "He just turned 14." I frowned. I had just turned 14. Mom couldn't have had 2 babies so close together. It is impossible!
    "I'm confused. How can we both be 14? Its impossible..." I paused. Well, not impossible. Twins were born only a few minutes apart. I looked over at Mom. Could it be?
    "Katie, he is your twin brother." My mouth dropped open, letting out a gasp. I am a twin? I have a twin brother?! I am a twin!!?? I didn't know what to say. I had seen Parent Trap several times, and had dreamed of being a twin and meeting my lost sibling countless times, thinking of what I'd say and do when I learned the truth. But, now it had really happened and I was speechless.
    "Breathe, Kat." Megan joked, making us laugh. She was right. I had forgotten to breathe.
    "When are they coming?" I managed to get out.
    "Tomorrow."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So, what do you think?

6. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Hey, you posted again so quick! Awesome! So Obi has a twin sister, eh? Cool! Keep it up, this story is great! I look forward to more! :)

7. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    A new thread, and already the word "iffy" appears? No, no, no! Not iffy at all! Strong beginning in both settings. Good set up. Now the question remains: will Obi-Wan's siblings decide he's a geek, or really cool? Eagerly awaiting more earthly misadventures. --AWK, Queen of Iffy

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, here's a short one.
    Chapter 3
    "Master, isn't there anything you can tell me about them?" Obi-Wan asked his Master as he stretched his muscles for sitting still for so long meditating. (Or trying to meditate in his case.) They had 4 more hours to go and the anxiety was killing him. What would they think of him? Would he be treated as stranger by his own family?
    "There's not much I can tell you, Padawan. I haven't heard from them in years." He looked down at his Padawan, hiding a smile. Obi-Wan was usually very calm.
    "You know my family?" Obi-Wan asked in disbelief. Even his own Master knew his family better than he did.
    "Yes, I've known your parents for awhile now." Qui-Gon decided not to tortue his Padawan any longer. Obi-Wan looked silghtly disoriented. "Sit down Obi-Wan before you break something and I will tell you everything I know." In the blink of an eye, Obi-Wan was sitting on one of the chairs, waiting for him to begin. Laughing silently, Qui-Gon sat in the chair across from him.
    "I met you're parents before you were born. They were newlywed and I needed directions. They ended up helping me several times, they even saved my life. We became good friends." He paused, trying to figure out what to say next. He remembered how surprised he had been to find his beloved Padawan was the son of his friends. " The last I heard from them was they had moved to Earth for a more peaceful life with their families. We've hardly communicated in the past 13 years. The Council gave me a datapad with some brief detail about your family. I've already looked it over. You're welcome to read it now." He handed his Padawan the pad, then left, giving his Padawan some privacy.
    Obi-Wan's eye widened at what he read. He hadn't even wondered if he had siblings. 3 sisters and 1 brother. Kirsten was 3, Owen was 8, and Megan was 12. The next part really shocked him. He had a twin sister. He was a twin. He had never suspected that he was a twin. What is she like? What are they all like? He sat back, sorting out what he had just learned.

9. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I just stumbled on this. It's good! Obi-Wan a twin, huh? I thought it was going to be with Owen, but a twin sister is cool. Wish I had one.

10. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, here's another one.
    Chapter 4
    The ramp sssssssllllllllllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy lowered to the ground. Obi-Wan felt like there were Corellian Mamoths fluttering in his stomache. He had never felt so nervous before. The ramp lowered to show a prarie. They hadn't been able to land in the city or anywhere populated, for fear of atracting unwanted attention. A little ways away stood 5 people. 5? His family. Following his Master, they approached the people as the ship took off. He was surprised when the woman who must be his mother gave his master a hug.
    "Hello, Qui-Gon."
    "Hello Cara." He said, returning the quick embrace, before shaking hands with his father.
    "Hello Don."
    "Good to see you again." His father replied, smiling. Qui-Gon motioned for Obi-Wan to move up next to him.
    "This is your son, Obi-Wan Kenobi." Obi-Wan had never felt so awkward before. What should he say? Before he could say hello, he found himself being hugged by his mother. Surprisingly, it didn't feel awkward at all. She didn't seem like such a stranger anymore as she stepped back. There were tears of happiness in her eyes. His Dad also gave him a quick embrace.
    "Obi-Wan, this is Megan, Owen, and Kirsten. We're sorry Katie wasn't able to make it. We didn't have enough seats for everyone." His mom explained as he shook hands with his siblings. Kirsten stood by their Mom, staring up at them nervously. Megan and Owen looked at him and Qui-Gon shyly. He smiled at them, hoping to reassure them.
    "Come, we should head home. You must be tired after your long trip." His dad said. They began walking towards the transport some distance away. His mother wrapped an arm around his shoulders giving him another hug and a small kiss on the forehead. He began to relax even more, walking beside his mother. But still, some of his nervousness remained. He still had to meet his twin.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Like?

11. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    yes, I like. Hmm, hwat would happen if the earthlings, terrans, whatever, found out about da Jedi?

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Very good! Give us a longer post!!!!! ( i like to complain a lot...as you'll soon find out) ;D

13. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 5
    I had never been so nervous in my entire life. The wait was killing me! They would be getting back at anytime. Still, the minutes seemed to last hours. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Flipping thorugh the channels, nothing caught my eye. I couldn't sit still any longer. Turning off the TV, I walked into the kitchen. Maybe the mail was here. Grabbing the mailbox key off its hook, I walked to the door to go out. Why should I be nervous? Its only my twin brother. Who I have never met in my entire life. What will he think of me? Will he like me? What will he be like? Just then, I heard a small click behind me. Oh no! I spun around. It was too late. The door had shut. I had just locked myself out of the house! I ran to the back. No use. All the doors were locked. We had given the next door neighbors a key, but they weren't home. Great first impression. What would my twin think of me locking myself out of the house? I got up and began walking to the mailbox. Might as well get the mail. It wasn't there. I turned just in time to see the car pull into the garage. I took off down the street. Now I was late! Could this day get any worse? 'Well, at least they won't know I didn't lock myself out', a little voice said in the back of my head.

Ok, I'll try to make the next post longer. :)

14. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    This is one amazing idea! Wish I'd thought of it, DOH! Anyways, just letting you know that this is a really good story. UP!
    [face_clown]

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Definitely enjoying this Kadi-Wan, a very original idea!!

16. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's the longer post I promised.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****
    I burst through the door and almost ran into a tall man in a dark,brown robe. I stopped myself just in time, but attracted 7 pairs of eyes.
    "Katie, I would like you to meet Master Qui-Gon Jinn." I shyly shook the big man's hand, blushing slightly. I had almost crashed into a Jedi! Looking up, I met his gaze. His eyes were a deep blue and held a kindness in them. He smiled gently.
    "Hello Katie." He said softly. I found myself relaxing, liking him instantly. Then I noticed a short, blonde haired boy behind him. Our eyes met.
    "And Katie, this is Obi-Wan." I stared at him. He stared at me. Time seemed to freeze. What should I say?
    "Hello Katie." He said, smiling slightly, never taking his eyes off me.
    "Hi, Obi-Wan." I replied, smiling back. Neither of us spoke.

Chapter 6
    Later that day, Obi-Wan walked down from the room he was sharing with Qui-Gon. Katie was sitting in the middle of the living room floor, petting a brown feline. She looked up and smiled as he approached. The cat watched him nervously as he sat down next to them.
    "Shhhh, its ok Chessie." Katie whispered softly. He held out a hand and gently pet her. At first, she shied away, then began to purr.
    "She likes you." Katie said softly. Obi-Wan looked up, surprised at her comment.
    "I'm sorry Katie." He suddenly said. This time it was her turn to be surprised.
    "About what?"
    "About the way I acted when we first met. It was rude of me to stare. I shouldn't have acted that way even if I was nervous." She laughed suddenly.
    "You don't have to apologize. I was just as nervous. I was so nervous I locked myself out of the house." He found himself grinning at her. She looked up and met his gaze.
    "We both acted rather stupidly today, haven't we?" He laughed.
    "Definitely!" She said, laughing again. They stayed that way for a moment. The nervousness was completely gone by the time they finished. Katie sighed, then smiled at him.
    "Its good to see you again brother."

Chapter 7
    That night, Qui-Gon awoke suddenly. Confused, he sat up and looked around. What had made him wake up? Was something wrong with Obi-Wan? One look at the boy in the bed next to his denied that. He was sleeping peacefully, covers aray. Suddenly, he felt another small surge in the Force. Like the first. Now Obi-Wan was awake. He up startled and almost fell off the bed.
    "What is it Master?" He whispered.
    "I'm not sure." He said, grabbing his lightsaber and using the Force to keep the door from creaking. Together, they walked down the small hallway and peered around the corner.What they saw shocked them. Katie was lying on the floor in her sleeping bag, sleeping peacefully. But that is not what caught their attention. What did were the several small objects floating above her, then setting down only to once again rise into the air. Motioning for Obi-Wan to stay put, he walked down the stairs and over to Katie, ducking under the objects. Yes, the surges were definitely coming from her. If this was a shock, he wasn't prepared for what happened next. Qui-Gon leaned forward, trying to discern what she was muttering. The only word he could make out shocked him.
    "Master Quegrtan ." The name of a hero to many Padawans and Knights. The name of a Master who had fought bravely in the Sith Wars, sacrificing his life for the cause. The name of a long dead Jedi. How could she have known his name? Unless it was just a mistake. But that was quite some mistake. It was hard for humans to correctly pronounce the name unless they heard it many times. She had said every syllable correctly and clearly. Well, he would wait and see. He would keep an eye on Katie for the rest of their time visting.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tell me what you think. :)

17. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    I think Katie is getting lessons from a dead Jedi like that guy in one of the Tales books.

18. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Hmm, methinks that Obi isn't the only one with the midi-cholrians in THIS family! heehee! Thanks for the longer post, but now you've just made me want more! ;D

19. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    This is a really good story idea!!!! Post more!

20. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    All right, I just read three new excellent posts! This story is getting very interesting indeed. I can't wait to find out what happens next! :)

21. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I will post somemore tomorrow. I promise. Thanks everyone!
    :)

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's another short post.
    Chapter 8
    Huh, what? Slowly, I woke up. What had I been dreaming about? It seemed to be on the edge of my memory. As I tried to remember, the faint glow left over from it disappeared. Sighing, I opened my eyes. Another dream I couldn't remember. Oh well, not important. It happened all the time. Right then my biggest concern was getting myself to completely wake up. With a groan, I rubbed my face and sat up. I wanted to go back to bed. My eyes just didn't want to stay open. Forcing them open, I stood up and walked into the kitchen. Megan, Owen, and Kirsten were in front of the T.V. watching Arthur. Mom was standing at the counter in the kitchen, making batter for waffles.
    "Good morning." I said with a yawn as I walked over to the table and plopped down into my usual seat.
    "You're up early." She commented. I glanced at the clock. 8 o'clock. Definitely too early to get up. Especially during the summer. With a groan, I rested my head on the table, trying to wake up.

23. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Hmmm, could her being so tired have to do with her use of the Force?

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 9
    Qui-Gon woke up again. This time, it was noise that woke him. A delicious aroma was coming into their room. His stomache grumbled slightly. He was hungry. Getting out of bed, he stretched to wake himself up better. Turning to Obi-Wan, he gently shook his Padawan.
    "Obi-Wan, its time to get up." He said gently. The boy groaned, the slowly opened his eyes. For a moment he seemed to debate wether to go downstairs and eat whatever it was he smelled or stay in bed and sleep somemore. His stomache seemed to win and he reluctantly got up out of bed. As Obi-Wan completely woke up, Qui-Gon got dressed. They had both brought clothes that blended in better with what the humans on this planet wore than their Jedi robes. Once Obi-Wan was dressed, they headed down. Megan, Owen, and Kirsten sat in front of a primitive holovid, watching something. Cara was just taking out the first waffle. Katie was at the table. He smiled at the sight of her. She was still in her pajamas and still tired. Apparently she was like her twin when it came to mornings. She was sitting in one of the chairs and had her forehead resting on the table top, completely motionless. He would have thought she was asleep if she hadn't looked up when they walked over.
    "Good morning." He said, taking a seat across from her.
    "Good morning." Cara said cheerfully. Katie just smiled sleepily, then sat up, surpressing a yawn.
    "Didn't you sleep last night?" Obi-Wan asked Katie as he sat down next to her.
    "I was out all night and still feel like I didn't get an ounce of rest." She said, yawning again.
    Qui-Gon looked over at Katie. She was quietly skimming through the morning news, not paying any attention to him. Now was his chance. He gently used the Force to feel her mind. Not feeling any wall blocking him out, he began to head deeper into her mind. All of the sudden, a Force pushed him out. He sat there, dazed for a moment. Then, making sure she hadn't noticed anything, he tried again, even more gently. strong mental shields slammed into place, blocking him from getting in once again. He pushed against them and recieved a confused look from Katie. She could feel him and somehow knew it was him. Qui-Gon stopped, turning his eyes away. She just shrugged and stood up. Picking up her plate, she set it on the counter and headed upstairs.
    Please, please, please, please tell me what you think.

25. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    I think this story is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.