main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Twins Meet (JA AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Aug 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Alright, I love anything to do with the Jedi. Maybe when the twins combine there is an unusual effect within the force. MMMmmm.... Anyway good posts KADI-WAN_KENOBI

2. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's a short shapter. The next post 'should' be longer and explain somethings.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14
    Qui-Gon sat back in his seat for a moment, arranging his thoughts. How do you tell 2 parents that you want to take a second child of theirs away?
    He cleared his throat, getting their attention. "We need to talk about your daughter, Katie." He started. The look in their eyes told him they knew what he was about to say.
    "She is Force-sensitive, isn't she?" Cara said quietly, surprising him.
    "Yes. You noticed then?"
    "I guess we've known it for awhile. There have only been little things here and there. When she was 3 or 4, I would notice a cookie or something slightly hovering in the air. But as she got older, I thought it went away. It hardly ever shows anymore. " He nodded, expecting that. As she was being trained in her sloop, she must have unconsciously taken control of her Force use.
    "I contacted the Council the other night. They would like to test her. Maybe train her." He said softly. Tears appeared in Cara's eyes and Don wrapped an arm around his wife. They gazed at each other for a moment before Don turned back to him.
    "Its not our decision to make. Katie must decide."
    Like?

3. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Now those are good parents. Let their kid decide her own fate. Now if only most parents would allow that society wouldn't be so screwed up.

4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 15
    I looked up from the game of Rummy I had been playing with Obi-Wan. I had taught him the game earlier. It was amazing how competetive you could get in Rummy. Mom and Dad walked in, followed by Qui-Gon. They had glum looks on their faces. Something was wrong.
    "Hi Mom, Dad." I said cheerfully.
    "Hello Katie." Dad said as Mom took off her coat. I was shocked to see that her eyes were watery. Yes, something was definitely wrong. I stood up and went over to them.
    "Are you Ok?" I asked, looking from one to the other.
    "Katie, we need to talk." I suddenly had a bad feeling in my stomache as I followed them outside. I was surprised to find Qui-Gon follow.
    "Katie, Qui-Gon wants you to go to Coruscant with them when they leave tomorrow night." My mouth dropped open. Whatever I had expected them to tell me, it definitely wasn't that.
    "What?" I managed to say. "Why?" I turned to look at Qui-Gon.
    "You are Force-sensitive, like your brother. The Council would like to test you."
    "I am?" I said, then the next part caught up to me. "They do?"
    "Yes."
    "It is your decision, Katie." I didn't know what to say. Whatever I chose would change my life forever. I looked at them, then down at my hands.
    "Can I think about it?"
    "Yes, but you must decide by morning." Qui-Gon said gently. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Obi-Wan." I just nodded.
    "Um, can I be alone for awhile." I asked. I needed to think.
    More Soon. Until then, please tell me what you think. :) :) :) :)

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Well, if I were Katie, I'd go. No one says she has to stay forever.

6. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    I'd accept right away, what a wild adventure!! She can always visit Earth...

7. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    I'd go too. It's not everyday a jedi master comes up to you and asks you to go with him on a spaceship where you could train as a jedi. The worst thing that could happen is that they would send you home. I mean really Earth, where you will never see any other planet, or Coruscant, where you could see the galaxy. Hard choice. You should think of it as going away to college.

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 16
    I sat back miserably. What should I do? I had gone over it a thousand times and still didn't know what to do. I wanted to go, I really did, but I didn't want to leave my family either. I didn't want Mom and Dad to feel like they had lost another child. I didn't want to hurt them. And I was scared. No. I was terrified. What would it be like to train as a Jedi? From what Obi-Wan had told me, a child started their training at an early age. Noone over the age of 2 had ever been accepted for training before. That would mean there would be noone my age beginning training. I would be alone most of the time because Obi-Wan would still have to go on missions with Qui-Gon. But, what if I failed the test and had to come home, but didn't want to come home? What if I loved it there and was forced to come home? I leaned forward and held my head in my hands.
    "There are too many what ifs." I complained to myself. Another reason I wanted to go. I didn't want to be seperated from Obi-Wan again. It was like some sort of connection had formed between us these past few days. I couldn't bear the thought of him leaving. Of maybe never seeing him again. But that would mean I would have to leave home, leave my parents, leave my family. I had left home before to visit our grandparents, but not like this. I would be going into a completely different enviroment, surrounded by strangers. Obi-Wan would be there, but only for a few days at a time. And I wouldn't see my family for who knows how long if I was accepted for training.
    "Katie, are you alright?" I jumped, startled by the voice, then spun around.
    "Obi-Wan, don't do that! You just gave me a heart-attack!" I yelled.
    "Sorry." He said, sitting down next to me. "Now, are you alright?"
    "No. No I'm not alright. I don't know what to do!" I suddenly felt mad. Mad at the Jedi. Mad at Qui-Gon. Mad at Mom and Dad. And mad at me. "I shouldn't have to make this kind of decision! I mean, I'm only 14! I shouldn't have to choose between hurting you and hurting Mom and Dad! Why couldn't the Jedi have taken me with you?" Then, just as fast as it had come, the anger left, leaving me tired and worn out. "Oh, Obi. I don't want to hurt anyone. What should I do?" He wrapped an arm around me and we sat there for a moment.
    "I want you to come, but this is up to you." He said simply. I looked at him and managed a small grin.
    "That's not exactly what I wanted to hear." He smiled back, but said nothing. I relaxed slightly and began sorting through everything once again. Back to round one.

9. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    I wonder which one is older. Or was that said already and I didn't realize.

10. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    No, I didn't say it. It completely slipped my mind. Obi-Wan is a few seconds older than Katie. I will probably say that again later on in the story. I will post again tomorrow.

11. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ooh, what's she gonna do? I must know, so hurry and post more soon! I'm really enjoying this story! :)

12. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    You rule! Keep up the great work! :)

13. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    I need Posty for myself!!!! UP!!! I agree, you rule Kadi Wan!!

14. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yes, please post more as soon as possible! I wonder what Katie will think of Coruscant (if she goes)!!!

aa :D

15. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Can we say cliffhanger. Come on and please post.

16. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks guys. Sorry for taking so long. Well, here's a short post.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 17
    Slowly, I opened my eyes. What? Where was I? What was I doing in the back yard? Suddenly, it hit me.
    I had fallen asleep while thinking last night. Looking to my right, I found Obi-Wan was still asleep. We were both covered with an opened sleeping bag. I pulled the cover over my arms, tucking my legs up onto the seat and listened to the morning birds sing, trying to forget that today I had to decide what my future was going to be. I had decided, right before falling asleep, what I was going to do. I was dreading when I would have to announce it. Better to let them think I was still asleep and let me have a little piece for a short time more. Shaking the gloomy thoughts from my head, I looked back at Obi-Wan. I couldn't quite keep from laughing quietly. He looked so funny. His hair was sticking every which way. His head was resting against the back of the seat, his mouth opened wide. If it had been raining, he would collect alot of water. Suddenly, he let out this funny little half-snore and opened his eyes. For a moment he looked around dis-oriented.
    "Good morning." I said, startling him. Suddenly, he rememebered where he was.
    "Good morning. We slept out here all night?"
    "Yep. Good thing it was warm last night." I replied. Just then our stomaches rumbled at the same time. We looked down, then up at each other.
    "Ok, that was weird." I said, then stood up. "We better go get some breakfast before Owen and Megan eat it all." He smiled and stood up. Gathering the sleeping bag in my arms, we headed up.
    Well? :)

17. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Very cute, Kadi! Post some more!!! I can't wait to see what she decides!

aa :D

18. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Awww. They're hungry at the same time. That is so cute that their metabolism works in sync with eachother.

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I will have a post soon. Just trying to figure out how to put it into words. :)

20. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    I like, cool twin tie-in.. Post more!

21. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, I just typed this out. Hope you like it.:)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 18
    "I've decided what I'm going to do." I said, causing everyone to look up. We were eating lunch. All morning I had been waiting for when everyone was together. This was the time. I saw Mom and Dad tense. This was going to be hard.
    "I want to go to Coruscant." Everything was silent for a moment.
    "Are you sure? Training to be a Jedi is a hard life." Qui-Gon spoke up. For a moment I thought he was trying to make me change my mind, but realized he was being completely honest with me.
    "Yes, I want to go. Besides, I might not even be trained." I said. Mom wasn't quite able to conceal the hurt on her face. "I guess I'd better pack." I ran upstairs to Megan's room, where I had moved my clothes and stuff. Once I was safe in the confines of the room, I let the tears come. At that moment, I hated myself. I hated what I was doing to my family. Grabbing my backpack, I threw in a change of clothes and a few personal items. Checking through my stuff once more, I headed out of the room and almost ran into Obi-Wan who was heading into the room he was sharing with Qui-Gon.
    "Katie, come here." He said, motioning for me to follow him. Having nothing better to do, I did, dropping by bag in the hallway. Closing the door, he turned to me.
    "Are you sure you want to come?" He asked seriously.
    "What? You don't want me to come anymore?" I asked angrily. Whenever I get sad, I lose my temper very easily.
    "No. That's not what I mean. I just want to make sure your sure. I don't want you to decide what to do just because of what I said last night." He replied gently, trying to keep my temper from igniting.
    "I know." I sighed, taking a deep breath. "Yes, I'm sure about what I'm doing. I've thought about it all morning. It feels right."

Like?

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's another short one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 19
    The rest of the day seemed to fly by. Before I knew it, we were standing in the middle of a field, away from the city, waiting for the ship to arrive. I looked up in amazement as a huge ship landed softly in front of us.
    "Its time to say Good-bye." Qui-Gon told me and Obi-Wan. We had to hurry. You never knew when someone might just happen to come in view of the ship. Qui-Gon said good-bye first, saying something gently that I couldn't make out. I watched as Obi-Wan said good-bye, getting long hugs from Mom and Dad. When he stepped back, I caught him quickly rubbing away a tear. It was my turn. Obi-Wan and I had said our good-byes earlier to Megan, Owen, and Kirsten. I bit my lip as Dad pulled me into a hug.
    "Good-bye sweetie. I love you." He whispered into my ear. My eyes were beginning to water.
    "Bye, Dad." I managed to get out. Mom stepped up and also gave me a hug.
    "Bye Mom. I love you." I whispered, afraid if I spoke any louder, I would start crying.
    "I love you too." She smiled in reassurance as we parted.
    "You both make sure to write, Ok?" Mom said, tears in her eyes. I smiled and nodded, knowing I would burst out crying if I said a word.
    "Come, it is time to go." Qui-Gon said gently, laying a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and turned to follow him. As I got to the top of the ramp, I turned to look at Mom and Dad. They stood there, watching us leave. The tears began flowing as I looked at them. I turned and walked the rest of the way into the ship. Was I making the right choice?

23. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    I think she did.. she'd never get another opportunity like it...its unfortunate that she hurt the ones she loved but c'est la vie...:eek:(
    On another note I reckon that post was ace, more soon I hope!! :0)
    :0)

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000

Chapter 20
    Obi-Wan glanced over at the door that led to Katie's quarters. She had disappeared into them when they had first departed and hadn't come out since. That had been 4 hours ago. Suddenly, he ducked, just missing his Master's lightsaber that had been heading for his neck. Rolling under the blade, he jumped up, parrying another strike.
    "Focus, Padawan. You must focus." Qui-Gon stated as he attacked over and over again, driving Obi-Wan back towards the wall. Not a good position to be in. Qui-Gon had decided he needed to practice sparring since they hadn't had time while on Earth. He was usually completely focused on trying to beat his Master for once, but today was different. He was worried about his twin. This time, as he glanced at the door once again, Qui-Gon managed to tap his arm with his lightsaber blade. Obi-Wan winced as it bit into his skin, leaving a red burn. His gap in concentration was all Qui-Gon needed. Before he knew it, he was on the ground, Qui-Gon's lightsaber pointed at his neck, signaling a killing blow, and the end of the match.
    "Padawan, how many time do I have to tell you to keep your concentration on the moment, not on your anxieties?" Qui-Gon sighed, helping him to his feet.
    "I'm sorry Master. I can't help it. She's been in there ever since we left." Obi-Wan looked once more at the door.
    "Then this will be a good lesson in patience." Qui-Gon stated, an amused sparkle in his eyes. "Come, we should treat that burn of yours." Just then, Katie walked out, holding a hand on one arm gently.
    "Katie, are you alright?" Qui-Gon asked, concerned.
    "No...I mean, yes. Yes, I'm fine." She said, distractedly.
    "Then why are you holding your arm like it is injured?" She looked down in shock at where she had instinctively been holding her arm like it was cut. She let go immediately, revealing a small patch of skin that had turned a red color. Obi-Wan stared in surprise, then walked over. He held out his arm. It bore an identical mark. They looked at each other in surprsie. Qui-Gon walked over and checked her arm, touching the mark carefully.
    "Does it hurt?" He asked.
    "Not anymore. It stung for a minute, like I had burned myself, then suddenly went away." She looked up at him. "What's going on?"
    "I'm not sure, but I have a theory. We'll check it in a moment. First we must dress Obi-Wan's burn." He said, guiding the twins out of the room.
    :)

25. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000

Chapter 21
    I watched quietly as Qui-Gon put a patch, like the one he had put on my knee, onto Obi-Wan's arm. I glanced down at the mark on my arm. This was too weird. Why would I get a mark when Obi-Wan got burned? It just didn't make sense. To me, at least. Qui-Gon stood up and led us into a third room, kneeling down on the floor. Obi-Wan did the same. Not knowing whatelse to do, I copied them.
    "Katie, it is time you learned how to meditate." I nodded. Meditate? "I want you to close your eyes and clear your mind of everything." I closed my eyes and tried to clear out all my thoughts. It was tough. Thoughts about home and doubt about what I was doing kept popping up. Finally, I got it as clear as it was going to get. Suddenly, it felt like I was joined with something. I could suddenly see the room, but my eyes were still closed. I could see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan kneeling in front of me, their eyes also closed. It was funny. I could actually slightly feel something connecting the 2 of them. Just then, it felt like someone pushed me towards Obi-Wan. Focusing on him, I saw...felt something connecting us. I could feel his emotions. He was just as surprised as I was.
    //Obi-Wan?// I thought, feeling very silly the moment I thought it. He wouldn't hear me.
    //Katie?// He sent back, startling me that I opened my eyes. The room seemed to spin around me and I felt very dizzy and faint. I closed my eyes again, trying to stop the spinning. It slowly went away, and I could open my eyes without getting sick. Obi-Wan was watching me worriedly as Qui-Gon took his hand off my forehead. Off my forehead? What had he been doing?
    "What happened?" I asked, completely confused at the moment.
    "You came out of meditation a little too quickly." He told me gently. "My suspicions were correct. You and Obi-Wan share a bond. A twin bond. It surprises me how strong it is. Maybe even stronger than the Master/Padawan bond Obi-Wan and I share."
    "Is that why I have this red mark on my arm? And why I could talk with Obi-Wan through my mind?" I asked.
    "Yes. In time you will learn how to control the link between you." Suddenly, a look of amusement came over his face. "Then you won't have to worry about identical injury marks showing up on you when Obi-Wan gets hurt all the time. "
    "Master!"
    Like? Dislike? Comments? Please? :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.