main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Twins Meet (JA AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Aug 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I really love this story!

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ah ha! What if all of Obi-Wan's injuries were actually his sister's fault through their twin-bond???

3. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    He He LOL, clumsy obi-wan... more if you would oblige...

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
  5. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 22
    Obi-Wan glanced at his sister's face as they approached Coruscant. She hadn't said much since they had discovered the bond. Katie must have felt his eyes on her because she suddenly looked up.
    "What?" His twin asked.
    "Nothing." He replied. Obi-Wan turned back to the viewport, surpressing a sigh. Silence. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore.
    "Katie, what's wrong?" He asked, turning to look at her.
    "Nothing." She said. He just keept on staring at her.
    She let out a sigh. "OK, you win. Stop looking at me that way. I'm nervous. What if I freeze up during the Council's test? " Obi-Wan nodded. The chance of her being allowed to be trained was very slim. She was 14 and so far noone over 2 had been accepted into the temple. Just then, Qui-Gon came in.
    "We'll be landing soon. Collect your things." The Jedi Master said, going over to stand by them.
    "Have you contacted the Council, Master?" Obi-Wan asked when Katie left to gather her things.
    "Yes. Once we freshen up a bit, we are to take Katie to them." Qui-Gon replied. He smiled when he saw Obi-Wan's worried frown.
    "Don't worry, Padawan. She'll do just fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:)

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can understand Katie's anxieties over meeting the Council. For one she came from Earth where there were no other beings than humans.

Her reaction of the members should prove interesting.

7. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000

Chapter 23
    I walked nervously beside Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon as we made our way to the Council chambers. I had major butterflies in my stomache. They were about the size of wooly mammoths. We stepped into a lift and Obi-Wan pushed a button. The butterflies in my my stomache were going crazy. Qui-Gon must have sensed this, because he put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I looked up to meet his gaze.
    "You have nothing to worry about, Katie. Just answer their questions truthfully and you'll be fine." He told me kindly. I just nodded. I didn't exactly trust my voice right then. We reached the floor a little too quickly for my taste and continued down the hall towards the two tall chamber doors. Qui-Gon gave me one last comforting look, then the doors slid open and we walked in. Following Qui-Gon in, I tried to ignore all of the eyes on me. I failed. I looked at the different aliens around me, trying to keep from staring. I had never seen an alien before. One had horns sticking out of his head in several places and a face that looked like it was cracking. Next to him(?) was an alien with a long, thin neck and a niseless head which reminded me very much of the shruken heads from the Amazon or wherever. There was a pretty woman next to him with a strange blue tint in her skin and what looked like squid tentacles hanging from her head instead of hair. Then there was a green alien with long, whit hair cover his face almost completely. He also didn't look like he had a nose. There was a midget with only one eye, a very sour face, and ears the size of a donkeys; a small, green something that reminded me of the roll dolls back home except much more wrinkly; an old guy who looked like he had gotten hit in the head with a hammer one to many times, another green troll, a man that looked like he was half bull, half man; and an alien with a head that looked like it was made up of the small intestines and brain. To my relief, there were also 2 more humans: A bald, black man and a kind looking women with brown hair. Qui-Gon stopped in the middle of the floor. Both he and Obi-Wan bowed, which I quickly copied. My attention focused out the windows. The view was amazing! You could see for miles. For a moment I thought I could just make out the curve of the planet.
    "I trust your vacation went well."The bald, black human said.
    "Yes, thank you, Master Windu." Qui-Gon replied.
    "Brought someone to be tested, you have?" One of the small, green trolls asked. His voice was funny sounding, but not unpleasant, and he had a weird way of talking. I would have to ask Obi-Wan about it later.
    "Yes, Master Yoda."He moved and stood just behind me, his hands resting on my shoulders. I welcomed his small comfort gratefully. "This is Katie Lars, Obi-Wan's twin sister."
    "The Force is strong in her."He said. I suddenly felt someone trying to probe my mind. Without thinking, I swatted it away and put up a wall around my brain. Yoda's ears went up in surprise. "Test her, we will. Signal you, we will, when finished."
    Qui-Gon gave my shoulder a small squeeze, then he and Obi-Wan left. I was ready to panic. They had left! I thought they were going to be with me!
    "Nothing to fear, you have." Yoda said kindly. Suddenly I was surrounded by a comforting feeling. I almost jumped at the change. Almost instantly, I felt better. Still nervous, but not terrified.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Like usual, tell me what you think. :)

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Very good! It's good that Katie controlled her fear right away. You can now avoid the 'I sense much fear in you' shpeel. *groan* Can't wait to read more!

aa :D

9. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    This is a good story. I like it. Can't wait to read more.

10. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    More tomorrow!

11. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 24
    Master Windu put down the screen he had been holding and nodded at Yoda. I was beginning to feel exhausted. I had just finished naming pictures that popped into my head. It had been very weird. Yoda had instructed me to clear my mind and focus on the small screen. Then I was to say what popped up onto the screen, which only Master Windu could see. It had startled me when all of the sudden a ship I had never seen before in my life appeared in my mind.
    "How feel you?" He suddenly asked.
    I hesitated. "Tired, Master Yoda."
    "Afraid, are you?"
    "A little."
    "Your thoughts dwell on your brother." The Jedi to Yoda's right said. I just nodded, not sure how to respond to that. Was it some sort of quiz?
    "Where did you learn to shield your thoughts?" Master Windu asked.
    "I don't know." I answered truthfully. Racking my memory, I found it to be true. I didn't remember at all. I had been sitting in my room, thinking, when I found I could do it.
    The Jedi then turned to one another, carrying a conversation I couldn't hear. Just then, the door opened and in came Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. I immediately smiled, relieved that they were finally back. Obi-Wan returned the smile. For a few minutes, noone said anything.
    "Right you were Qui-Gon, trained she has been."Yoda said. I stared in surprise. This was news to me.
    "Is she to be trained?" Qui-Gon asked.
    Yoda and Mace Windu shared a look. I felt my hopes drop.
    "Yes, she will be trained." Master Windu said. "She is to be evaluated at the end of the month to see how she is doing and then at the end of the year to see if she is ready to be a Padawan. She is in your charge until Master Kath is ready for her."
    "New life, you are beginning." Yoda said. "As is custom, new name you shall recieve. Protect your family, it will."
    I froze. A new name?
    "Kadi-Wan Kenobi, you will be known as while you are with the Jedi." Yoda continued. Kadi-Wan Kenobi. Hmmm. I like it. Now Obi-Wan and I sound like twins. I smiled. Yoda nodded approvingly. "Dismissed, you are." We bowed and walked out.

Please tell me what you think. More later.

12. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I love it Kadi-Wan Kenobi! Hee hee! :)
    I'm glad the council is going to let her be trained, instead of being the cheese-heads they were in TPM.
    I'm looking forward to more! :)

13. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Love the new name. Kadi-Wan sounds like a Jedi!

Look forward to more!

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 25
    Quietly, we walked down several hallways until we reached Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's quarters. Yoda was right. This was a whole new life for me. I wonder what Mom and Dad are going to think of my new name? I hope its OK with them. Personally, I like it. It sounded right. It was going to take some getting use to. Good thing it sounded alot like Katie. We walked into their quarters and Qui-Gon immediately sat down, slipping off his robe. Obi-Wan disappeared into one of the smaller rooms.
    "Make yourself at home, Kadi-Wan." He said. I collapsed onto the couch, releaved that it was finally over. Suddenly, I thought of something.
    "Why did they pick Kadi-Wan as my new name?" I asked Qui-Gon. He smiled like he had been expecting me to ask that.
    "Kadi-Wan is the ancient form of Katie. Obi-Wan is the ancient form of Ben." He explained. I nodded. Obi-Wan's birth name was Ben. I sat back again, thinking about the meeting with the Jedi council when I remembered something.
    Before I could say anything, Obi-Wan came back. He had also taken off his robe. He took a seat by me on the couch. The three of us just sat there, relaxing.
    //I wonder who Master Kath is.// I thought.
    "Master Kath is in charge of all the initiates." Obi-Wan said nonchalantly. I looked at him, surprised for a moment, then a grin broke out on my face. The bond. I had forgotten about it. It was going to take alot of getting used. Everything was.

Just a few more posts left.

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    I'm not so sure I would be comfortable with someone answering a question I didn't ask out loud! Very unnerving! Kadi-Wan is in for a lot of surprises with the Jedi order.

16. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yeah, more and more, I think I would hate someone being able to read my mind! You would always have to shield, or fear everyone knowing what you're thinking...which is not good sometimes! Wonderful posts, Kadi! I like the name change...

aa :D

17. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000

Chapter 26
    I felt very awkward as we walked through the big dining hall to a table that wasn't full of Jedi. I tried not to notice the eyes on me as we walked through the rows. This was definitely going to take some getting used to. I sat down beside Obi-Wan and began to taste the food. It was very good.
    I ate silently, listening to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon talk about a sechdule and a new saber move. Things that I would soon understand. Just then a kind looking Jedi walked over to our table.
    "May I join you?" She asked Qui-Gon.
    "Of course. Have you heard from the council yet?"
    "Yes", she said, sitting down across from me, by Qui-Gon.
    "Ter-Rea, this is Kadi-Wan Kenobi. Kadi-Wan, this is Master Kath." Qui-Gon introduced us.
    "Its nice to meet you Kadi-Wan."She said with a smile. I immediately liked her.
    "You too, Master Kath." I replied shyly, but remembering my manners.

During dinner, Qui-Gon and Master Kath went over various things. I found that I wasn't that hungry, so instead, I studied the place. It was huge! I had never seen a cafeteria so big. As my eyes went over all the Jedi eating and talking, something caught my attention. A boy with startling white hair cut short like Obi-Wan's was staring at me. I didn't like the way he was looking haughtily at me, so I glared back, meeting his gaze without wavering.
    "Kadi-Wan, do you mind coming with me now?" Master Kath suddenly asked, standing up. I nodded my head and stood up too.
    "Goodnight." I said to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.
    "Night Kadi." Obi-Wan said. Kadi?
    "Goodnight." Qui-Gon nodded. Master Kath nodded to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan then headed for the doors. I followed her. Once we were out into the hallways, she waited until I was standing next to her.
    "Do you have anything in Qui-Gon's quarters?" She asked.
    "Just my backpack." I replied.
    "Then we'll stop by there first." She said. We began walking towards their quarters. I looked at everything we passed.
    "So, how do you like your new life?" She asked, looking down at me.
    "I like it, so far. Its going to take some getting used to." I was surprised to find how comfortable I felt around Master Kath now. "Whenever someone calls me Kadi-Wan, I feel like looking behind me to see if they are talking to someone else."
    She laughed." Yes, I see how that will take some getting used to." She stopped and I realized we were outside Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's quarters. I ran in quickly and grabbed my backpack. Closing the door behind me, I joined Master Kath again.
    "We're going to stop by the tailor to get you some new clothes." She said. While we walked through various corridors, she pointed out various rooms and gardens. I was soon completely lost. I was pretty sure we would see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's quarters once we turned a bend, and it would be a whole new hallway! She must have seen my expression because she laughed again.
    "It may be confusing now, but you will soon memorize it."

Well? :)

18. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    I don't care what Universe your from, this is a kick ass story!!! Like the way you kinda wrote yourself in.. suppose you planned that from the beginning, huh? Roll on the Jedi training...

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 27
    I soon found myself in the tailors room being measured for my new Jedi robes. The old Jedi quickly took the measurements, then disappeared into another room. She came back out with a pair of boots and a large package. She handed them to me. Then, after bowing to Master Kath, disappeared into another room. We left and headed through severl more corridors, stopping at another door.
    "Here is your quarters Kadi-Wan. My quarters are right next door if you need me. I will be back in an hour so we can go over tomorrows sechdule."She smiled at me, then disappeared around the corner, leaving me alone in the hall. I quickly punched in the code she gave me for my door, and headed in. After about 3 minutes of searching, I found the light switch and flipped it on. Closing the door, I set my things on the floor and looked around. It was alot smaller than Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's quarters, but bigger than my old room. To the left there was a small room which I guessed was the bathroom. In the wall, there was a small window showing the lights of Coruscant. Next to the window was a desk and chair and a small consol of somesort. It looked kind of like a TV screen on the front. On the right corner of the room was a bed and nightstand. Next to the bed there was a dresser. There was also a couple chairs and a small table. All in all, it was a very cozy room. I dropped my backpack on the desk and started to put away my new clothes. 5 tunics, 2 sashes, 5 pairs of pants, a pair of pajamas, a belt, and the small bag. Curious, I opened up the bag and dumped the contents on top of the dresser. There were several leather thongs for my hair, a toothbrush, a brush, some fingernail clippers, and a hairbrush. I gathered the things together and went into the small room. I was right. It was a bathroom. There was a bottle of shampoo in the shower. In one of the drawers under the sink was some toothpaste. The other was empty, so I put mmy things in there. I walked back out and glanced at the small clock on the nightstand. Master Kath wouldn't be coming in another half hour. I decided to empty my back pack. I placed the small picture of my family on my nightstand. My journal in the desk. The change of clothes I had brought under my tunics. My pocketknife on the dresser. The small stuffed teddy bear on my dresser. A few other things in my desk. I sat on the bed and looked around. Now it felt more like home. Just then the door chimed.
    "Come in." I called. Master Kath walked in, carrying a datapad. She looked around.
    "I see you've unpacked." She stated. I noticed she was just standing in the middle of the room.
    "Oh, please have a seat." I said. She sat in one of the chairs at the table. I quickly joined her.
    "Since you're new and are alot older than the initiates in your level, you will have private tutors." She said. "For the first week, I'll help you get to where you need to be. At 9 tomorrow, Master Yaddle will begin teaching you the basics. Then, at 12, you have 45 minutes for lunch. At 1 Master Luctas is going to teach you lightsaber skills. At 3 Master Vera will begin teaching you negotiating skills,philosophy, and things like that. At 6 its dinner, then you have the rest of the evening off. OK?"
    "Yes, Master Kath. I think." I frowned, trying to remember everything.
    "That's why I'll be helping you tomorrow." She replied with a laugh. Then she showed my how to send and recieve calls through that weird looking consol.

Chapter 28
    Groaning, I peeked out from under the covers, disoriented. Suddenly, I remembered where I was. I was immediately wide awake and sat straight up. I looked at the chronometer. Master Kath was coming to get me in an hour for breakfast. I decided not to chance it and got up. Grabbing my new clothes, I headed for the bathroom. After a few tries, I was able to get the tunic on with the sash wrapped around my stomache perfectly. Then, after brushing my teeth, I brushed out my hair. Not wanting it to get in the way, I quickly braided it. For a mom

20. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's the last chapter.
    Chapter 29
    The rest of the day went pretty fast. Master Yaddle is the same spieces as Yoda. She was very patient, even when I dropped that rock on her head. Master Luctas was also patient. He was completely calm when he had to show me the same technique for the millionth time. Its a good thing we used stick instead of real lightsabers or else I would have cut off several things you don't want to lose. Master Vera was just as kind as Master Luctas and Yaddle and didn't mind explaining things ten times. By dinnertime, I was exhausted beyond belief. My brain felt like exploding from everything I had learned. Several things had come very easily. I found myself feeling like I had done them before. It was weird. Maybe it had to do with my being trained in my sleep like Master Qui-Gon had said. After getting dinner, I headed over to where Bant was waiting. Garen, Reeft, and Obi-Wan weren't there. I spotted all three of them with their Masters.
    "So, how was your first day here?" Bant asked.
    "Exhausting. I have never been this tired in my whole life."I said, collapsing onto the seat across from her.
    "So, I take it you don't want to see the gardens?" She asked innocently.
    "Are there animals?" I asked, suddenly interested.
    "Yes, at least a hundred."
    "I'm not that tired." I replied.
    We spent the rest of the evening exploring the gardens. Bant told me about every animal we saw. Some reminded me of the animals back home, while others were stranger than I could have dreamnt. That night, as I lay in bed, I smiled to myself. This wasn't so bad after all.

The End

Ok, that was very iffy.

Anyone interested in more stories about Kadi-Wan?
    Please, please, please, please let me know.

21. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    One of the kids was named Kirsten?!?! That's my name!! I never hear it anywhere!! I love this story!

~Anika Skywalker AKA Kirsten :)

22. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    I like this story. I would really like to read more about Kadi-Wan.

23. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Huh? It's finished already? Phooey!
    That was an awesome story, and I would love to hear more about Kadi-Wan's adventures as a Jedi in training. Please! :)

24. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    I loved the story and would be very interested in more stories about Kadi-Wan. I would love to see what adventures her and Obi-Wan can find!

25. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    Yeah that would be wicked Kadi_wan, I bet they could perform the best pranks on Bant and Co..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.