main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Two Towers: Official FanForce viewing

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Greetings, all. I'm declaring the Dec. 18th 7 PM showing of the Two Towers at Cinemark in the Woodlands to be an official Northsiders get-together. Anyone wish to join me?

Also, if someone on the south-side, inside the loop, east side or far west side wants to declare a HFF viewing in your part of town, just let me know what time/theater, and I'll post it here, too.

2. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    I'm kinda stuck in the middle(near Richmond and Beltway 8), but I wouldn't mind getting together with the Southside H-Town folks for a Dec. 18 viewing.

Which theater would work out best for everyone? Personally, I'd go with the Edwards off of 59 if for no other reason than the presentation of the film will be better than the local rundown AMC and Cinemark multiplexes.

3. Darth_Bolo_O_I

Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    And where exactly is the Cinemark in the Woodlands?

(Sorry, still do not know where anything is in this place...)

Later!

4. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    The Woodlands Cinemark is right in front of the Woodlands Mall (south end of the mall). I don't know the name of the street, but if you know where the mall is, it's the street in front of it, the street with the bridge that adjoins i-45's access road.

5. Darth_Bolo_O_I

Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    I hate to say this, but...

No, I do not know where the mall is, but I assume there are signs from I-45 to get there (I hope!).

If not, some directions would be helpful, how about from the intersection of I-45 and Beltway 8?

Thanks, later!

6. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Sure, go up 45 to the Woodlands, take the Woodlands parkway exit, go over the huge bridge then take either the second or the first turn north (right) and the mall is two or three blocks up.

7. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    i might be able to be persuaded to travel up to the woodlands...

is anyone interested in AMC willowbrook?

8. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Is no one having a midnight showing on the 17th/18th? I want tickets, but I don't know where to go.

9. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    oh but it's so so COLD at midnight laura :( 8-} :(

10. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, you know...what is up with it currently being 37 degrees outside? 37!

11. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    In a row?

Have you tried calling around to the theaters and asking them if they have a midnight show planned?

:p

I think I would be up for an offical FF showing. If I'm awake.

12. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Thank you for your ever-helpful insight, Charles. :p

I'm having the mom go down and get some tickets when I find a midnight show. I'm getting you one, as well.

13. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    You better. ;) And you know that I am always full of valuable insight.

:p

14. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Melissa and I have tickets to the midnight showing at the AMC Studio 30 on Dunvale if anyone wants to join us there.

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yes, the almighty Charles found a midnight showing at AMC Gulfpointe 30. :p So, we will be there if anyone would like to join us, as well.

16. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    in the freezing cold...with chuckie and laura. that does sound like fun. but i don't think my scooby doo slippers wake up that early to keep up with my five layers of clothes. [face_plain] i'm going to chicken out.

17. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Thats the Morning? after my last Final . I'll be there. (Which probably also means Cortney and the bulk of my family.)

18. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    well, the midnight show would be nice, but i have to go to work the next day. i think instead, some of my friends at work are going to take a half day and see the matinee show at edwards i-10 or tinseltown 290 since that's a quick drive from our office. plus, i don't like paying full price for non-dlp movies anymore...yes, it's that much better! has anyone heard if it will be on the dlp in plano? i sent them an e-mail, but haven't heard back yet...

19. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    A midnight show for Star Wars got me in late enough. A midnight show for TTT will make me a zombie the next day. This would be a great movie to see in DLP. I got friends in Plano that always see stuff in DLP and I'll ask them what they have heard. Right now I'm trying to decide between Tinsletown 290 and Cinemark out in Katy, or maybe Willowbrook AMC.

20. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I ordered my tickets for the 12:01 showing at Gulfpointe. I'm not going to get home until around 4 am. Geez. But, all in the name of fun, right? :)

21. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I've ended up with a spare ticket to the 7 PM (opening day) showing of Two Towers at the Woodlands Cinemark. If anyone wants it, let me know.

22. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    man, this movie was great! used my free ticket included with the extended version dvd and saw the late show last night. the story was great and full of surprises - as i am one of the few who never read the books. the roughly three hours went by much too fast for me. the more i saw, the more i kept thinking, "oh no, it's almost over, i want to see more!" i think pj has succeeded in topping the first installment - not an easy feat! i honestly can not think of anything that i didn't like in this movie. in contrast, aotc was also very good, but there were parts (and characters) i didn't care for. part of the strength of lotr, and my emerging preference for it over sw, is the -in my opinion- perfect casting of actors. as much as i love sw, it is hard to compete with that fact. and i'm not going to even touch the special effects aspect of ttt, the quality is ilm or better! so the question is - what is your favorite movie of 2002?

23. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    It was good, but that first hour dragged. The new characters (aside from Gollum, who technical isn't a new character, he just didn't have much of a role in FOTR) were introduced poorly. The visionals were great, simply amazing! I couldn't tell what was CGI and what was real. And some of it was real. The capital of Rohan, they actually built that entire city! The battle for Helms Deep was intense, but could someone please shut Gilmi up? He's starting to become the JJB of LOTR.

24. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I liked the movie, but not nearly as much as I liked FOTR. The changes made to the story this time were almost too much, and I feel that it really weakened the story. The Ents are no longer noble creatures that return to taking an active role in the world because they realize that it is the right thing to do, but are instead motivated by anger and a desire for revenge.
    The contrast between Faramir and Boromir is also ruined by this movie; now there is really no distinction between the two other than the names. Faramir is just as incapable of seeing is right as his brother was.
    The changes in FOTR did not bother me as much they did this time, because they did not seem to change any of the major themes of the novel, but this time, they do. The end of the film preaches that there is hope and good in the world, and that is a noble sentiment, but it would have come across better if the events in film had given us some reason to believe it.

25. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I disagree, Charles (about the Ents). They behaved exactly as they were in the book. Many of the ents were motivted by anger, they just took a few days to decide to act on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.