main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON The Two Towers on DVD

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I know you guys probably think I'm crazy, but I'm so excited about getting The Two Towers!!!!!! Now I get to look forward to November 18, when the extended DVD comes out!

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Are you getting both DVD's, Janet? I was really excited as well when I went into Costco yesterday and saw a whole stack of them. I think I'm going to wait for the extended though.

3. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I've watched the video havn't seen the extended features yet though.

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Watched it at futureshop on Monday. They had a huge tent. Sort of an opening for the DVD.
    Not buying the DVD until the Special Extend Edtion come out. Can't be bothered otherwise.

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Same here. I'll maybe rent TTT just to see it again, but I will but teh extended :)

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I got both last time, so I'm getting both this time too. Peter says I'm insane to buy the same movie twice.

7. Granite

Granite Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    Yes, yes you are... :)

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am waiting for the special edition as well... If anyone cares :)

9. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    I care!!

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks buddy !!!

11. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Anytime :)

12. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Well as a collector of movies (kinda) I try to get every version I can of my favorites...so I currently own the two disc set and will be getting the extended edition.

13. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I shall be getting both versions... hey why not?

14. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Borrowed the 2 disc so I could check out the ROTK preview... waiting to buy for the Super Edition... :)

Indy

15. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I can't wait for extended, especially after seeing the preview on the first TTT dvd, it looks awesome. And more Boromir!

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The DTS ES soundtrack on the LOTR special edition is much better than its Dolby Digital 5.1 EX counterpart. I cannot wait to
    hear the TT special edition !!!

17. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, they aren't exactly the same film. Adding 40 minutes or whatnot to the Extended edition, changes things somewhat and offers some justification for buying both. Despite not being very in-depth, the special features aren't duplicated on either set. It's best to look at it like a 6-disc set :)

18. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I keep trying to tell people, yes, it's the same movie, but it's very different versions, and the special features are so different.

19. Granite

Granite Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    I can understand buying one copy of a movie... but paying 40 dollars for the privilege of seeing addtional bonus feature confuses me (that's like 70-80 dollars total).... That's what blockbuster and a small rental fee is for... :)

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    If you're talking about the extended edition - you're going to have to be pretty dedicated to getting through all the features: the new cut of the film, 3 or 4 commentaries, plus 2 bonus feature discs.

Some (crazy and weird) people don't care about special features and would rather just watch the movie - that's what the two disc is for. The extended edition seems to be aimed more towards the hardcore lotr fans and dvd geeks.

Next to having films available in their original theatrical aspect ratios (generally widescreen); special features are a huge draw for me.

But to each his own, I suppose. The EE should be a great lead up to ROTK (man, the trailer rocked! :D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.