main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Two Towers! WOOOFFFFF

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ChoadsGirl, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    So did anyone get the reference to legolas' diary? When I saw the movie last night and Aragon showed up at Helms Deep and Legolas told him he looked aweful all I could think about was "Still the prettiest"

Vin... uhhh errr I mean Dave, I am itching to see your new movie.

2. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Sorry, the above post was from me. Choad likes you, but... well not that much ;)

3. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Sings

*The Ents go marching one by one, horrrah horrahh*

4. ChoadsGirl

Nov 11, 2002
    .... And they all go marching down, to isengard, and stomp it to the ground. *end music*

I just want to say thank you to Sideshow, for all his help in getting this done. Last night was a great success!

5. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I saw this the other night with Angela in a last minute spur of the moment kind of thing. We didn't even know there was a midnight showing until about 10:15pm, when we were watching the Simpsons.

HOLY CRAP, was that an awesome flick!

And brother, if there was ever a poor little guy that needed a hug, it's Gollum. I still feel horrible about that wretched soul.

"Gollum's song" from the soundtrack isn't helping matters much.

Still can't get over how much he looks like the mutant love child of Willam DeFoe and Steve Busheme, though (as if he didn't have enough problems already)...I defy you to tell me I'm wrong.

And "prettiest" or not, Legolas is a serious badass. I'm so happy with how he's being portrayed in this series of films. First time I've ever seen a male elf not look plain rediculous. Like it or not, naysayers, he is one bad mamba-jamba.

"Agent Smith"/Hottie McSweetass's dad still gives me the willies every time I see him.

Ents kick ass, and it did my Druidic heart proud to see trees kicking the crap out of bad guys. That was very, very cool.

Midgets is funny. Nearly every humorous situation was centered on poor Gimli, but in the end, he kicked major ass, and thus, proved we little guys aren't people to be screwed with.

Not enough scenes of Hottie McSweetass (Liv Tyler)...When in the Hell are we gonna see her bath in a lake or something??

Battle of Helm's Deep...Yup. Pretty badass indeed. Almost makes we want to put on the ol' "sword & board" again......almost.

All in all, an incredible movie I plan on seeing again.

6. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    When Saruman and Grima are talking about the weakness in the wall at Helms Deep I couldn't help but think "It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port..." :p

7. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    WOWWOWWOWOW!!!

Still taking it in. I think I'll just have to see it another 15 times though.

A very different film than Fellowship but incredible. The opening was thrilling and you could feel the audience tense up. The characters were further expanded and the action intense. I particularly loved the surprise slow-mo action Legolas did with the horses. Nice.

I too feel sorry for Gollum, its haunting the impact that little guy has.

The ent sequences were great but I hope there is more in the extended DVD (as there was a lot left out)

There's much more of course to write about, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Great time folks and thanks to Commander Choad and ChoadsGirl for holding that extra ticket for me. Thanks to everyone else too who organized yet another great PFF screening. Movie watching would just not be the same without you guys.

Oh, and Miranda Otto is one hot babe with a sword. (sorry had to throw that in, and yes Arwen is one lovely elf)

8. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    All I can say is:

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

That is one of the most greatest sequals ever.

It was great!!!

9. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    I wanted to praise Jedi_Webb on his costume that he wore last night to the showing.

Very cool!

10. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    :_|
    BWAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

GASP!

:_|

I can't believe I missed it!! ACCCKKK!

:D

Oh well, hubby and I are gonna go see it tonight!

YIPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see if I have my Two Tower's survival kit ready:

Drool rag for scenes with Legolas, and Aragorn.

CHECK

An arm to squeeze for the tense moments.

CHECK

Tissues for the sad moments.

CHECK

A pillow to scream in when the movie actually starts.

CHECK

Ok, I'm ready for the EYE CANDY!! WOO HOO!!

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Best Movie Ever.

IMHO, it was much, much better than either TPM or AOTC, and is easily as good, if not better than even ESB. Why? The sheer grandeur and majesty of the movie. No CGI backgrounds or sets, but real, hard real world stuff. [face_love]

I loved it and can't wait to see it again. [face_love]

12. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I guess some here had to make the comparison. Too bad, though, as both series can be enjoyed without downplaying the other. IMHO.

13. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Personally, the Ents made the movie for me. Best scenes in the series, IMO. Just watching them walk was great, but then Isengard...

Gollum definitely stole the show and I had to float the goat when Haldir showed up. That deserves a double 'hell yeah'.

14. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    roflmao@IA that is sooo cool!!

i also think it is very awesome, but i've got friends who are like, but they didn't do this that was in the book and i was looking forward to this that was in the book. *sigh* why can't they just enjoy the awesomeness of what was put on the screen. they'll get to the important stuff all in due time. i can't wait for the next one!!!!

15. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    My wife and I are going to see it tonight.

WoooHooooo

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm glad someone else liked the Ents :). I thought they were one of the best parts of the movie.

17. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Don't get me wrong, I still love SW. But I think GL needs to take some serious notes. This is how great movies should be made, IMHO.

18. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I agree that it is tiresome to hear some of the fans of the books ragging on about the changes that were made. I've read the book, and I don't find the changes to be objectionable. I imagine it is safe to say that the ents were popular all around. I half expected that Saruman would catch sight of the Ents and say "oh shoot!" or some more obscene variation. Gollum was fascinating. At last I see now how he can be pitied. The performance of the voice actor coupled with the CGI creature's acting really works well. As some one has already mention: haunting.

19. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I need to agree here - Gollum was positively excellent! And, yes, I see how he can be pitied now, too. I have to admit, I never thought highly of him while I was reading the books.

To my embarassment, I had completely forgotten about the Ents. It's been a while since I've read the books... [face_blush] Still, they ROCKED!

An amusing point, though - our LOTR "geek" friend that came with us did the SAME THING with this movie that he did last year. He complained bitterly about the changes. Thing is, it was amusing because he kept going on and on about how "Fellowship" was done right, and much more faithful to the book. LOL!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] When we called him on it, he laughed and said, "Well, I'll probably do the same thing next year too." He still LOVED it, though, and is well-aware that this series will probably be the most accurate and loving portrayal that he'll ever get.

As for me, pass the mead!! Let's go see it again!! :D

20. ChoadsGirl

Nov 11, 2002
    I gotta agree with Obey. 4,5 and 6 were phenominal for thier time. 1 and 2 were good, but as far as effects? LOTRs wins hands down. IMHO.

You look at Smegal and you have to remember that he's really CGI and just doesn't exist. The places they filmed in were... breath taking. All the work they went to to build Edoras, and we saw about 5 minutes of it? But what an incredible 5 minutes. Look at Helms Deep...they spent 6 months filming 30 minutes of fighting, I don't even know how long it took to build the place but that was one of the most incredible battle I've ever seen.

There is no comparing story lines or types of movies, that is apples and oranges.

But for graphics and effect? Gollum has Yoda beat hands down.
    I think the biggest difference between the two movies is that we are all of an age that We saw star wars before we were really old enough to read about it. So our first concept and ideal of it was what was someone elses imagination. With LOTRs it's different. We read these books and we developed our ideal of what we thought and expected these people to look like. Tolkien was a phenominal story teller. He gave us detail and Jackson was true to the books without turning it into a 30 hour mini series. So we walked in the theatre, the movie started and all of those images we had etched in our brains from our own imagination, in living color and bigger than life and seen for the first time like we had always imagined it.

21. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    In terms of non-actor characters (for lack of a better term) Gollum is to this decade as ESB Yoda was to the last.

22. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    My ONLY qualm was that they left out Shelob...but she plays such an important part (and a part at the end of The Two Towers), that I'm sure she will be including in the beginning of RotK. So I'm pleased. :)

23. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeah it was just okay... ;)

LP

PS. THAT MOVIE ROCKED! I CHEERED THE WHOLE FILM!

24. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    *grabs pixy stix*

I am off to see the movie again hoorah, hoorah.

I liked it so much I am going to go see it again tonight with Zam_Holly and another friend. But talk to you all later.

25. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Enjoy Mr Greedo! :)

I'll be going again after the family visits for Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.