main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The trailer for The Two Towers is online at www.lordoftherings.net. Check it out, it's good, and doesn't take long to download, even on dial-up service.

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    so is the T3 trailer.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I just saw it on the CBS newsfeed at work...OH MY GOD, this movie is oing to be great..."epic" even!

The more I thought about it, Aragon doesn't do much in the way of swordfighting in LOTR; yet the stunt coordinator (the same guy who did Darth Vader in ESB) said he was the best student he'd ever had. I'm guessing we're gonna see plenty of Aragon in this one.

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Random's Favorite Characters: Legolas (way to own up to 3 people with one arrow) and Strider (bada$$ swordsman).

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Uhhh...ya...T3's going to rock too.

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    A new trailer is now up. Only thing I could say after watching that was "Damn."

This movie is going to rock. I cannot wait.

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I hope that the FOTR is a product of TPM-syndrome. Clarification: yeah, the FOTR was a good movie, but a set-up movie nonetheless, and I hope that since the adventure is now underway we can really get to the good stuff LOTR has to offer in TTT. And I for one liked TPM as a set-up movie, but AOTC blew it away.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    This is going to be a true trilogy, comparible to the SW saga, in terms of epic storytelling!

I want to read the books (I have a list of books waiting) everyone I know who reads them say this is a fantastic series.

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I have seen a lot of things for TTT because I go to theonering.net and I like Legolas. [face_love] Anyway, I like the set-up moives in trilogy a lot more then the sequels. They go more into characters then actions. I think TTT will rock but FOTR had that first movie feel to it.

10. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I love this trailer.

Seriously, it is about the greatest trailer I have ever seen. This makes me not being able to wait until December 18th, the day the movie comes out, and it looks like it will just about blow the Fellowship of the Ring out of the water ;)

11. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I hear they might change the name of the movie because some of the public are comparing the name "The Two Towers" to the 9/11 attacks. I think thats a crock of bull and people should just let it go and enjoy the movie... J.R.R. Tolkein named it that way before that incident ever happened, so it should keep the same name, regardless.

12. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    If this is the greatest trailer you've ever seen, then you obviously haven't seen the Conspiracy trailer.

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    There's NO WAY they should change the title... as Will said, this was written many many years ago, and if people have a problem with that, they need to get lives.

14. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I don't think I've ever seen that one. I will have to see if I can download it ;)

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Just watched the new trailer... while I wouldn't call it the best trailer of all time, it was still bad@ss. Legolas sliding down that ramp... OMG. He's THE MAN. Legolas could totally pwn anyone that comes within shooting distance. He can even pwn multiple beings at once. Anyways, the huge army battling scenes look pretty sweet too. Plus Strider at the end opening the doors... it just looks like he's about to mess things up Mace Windu style...

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    About five or six months ago someone started an online petition calling for New Line to change the name of the movie. He wanted to see how stupid some people were. Many, many people sugned it before he came foreward and admited it was a joke to see how many people didn't know The Two Towers was the name given to parts 3 & 4 of The Lord of the Rings.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Why does it not surprise me that some of these people would want to have the name changed, it's the name of the book...get over it! This movie has NOTHING to do with September 11th...I'm sick of this over-sensative stuff. Next thing you know, they'll be going after the movie poster (just like "Spiderman") what do they expect, we go through every movie filmed in NY and blur the WTC so nobody has to remember it was there.

18. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    And, while we're at it, let's remove September 11 from the calendar. After all, we removed the 13th floor from every building.

19. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Second that!!!

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Ok, you people seem to have missed the part where I said this guy started the Two Towers/World Trade Center thing as a joke so he could laugh at all the people that didn't know it was the name of a book long before Sept. 11 happened.

21. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I get it. I still think we should take the day out so we don't have anymore people complaining about it.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I got it as well... just drives me nuts that so many people could think (no that's an oximoron)...could believe the name of "The Two Towers" has anything to do with, or should be changed because of, September 11th.

I think it's a great joke, only thing that would make it better is, when anyone signed the petition...a giant hand came out and smacked them in the back of the head saying: "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU"

TT, best movie of the winter season...and it's not even out yet!

23. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I agree people are overly sensitive about that title. Tolkien wrote it in 1954 and even though he is an outstanding writer, I don't believe he was prophetic in thinking up his titles!

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    From the 'Hell yeah' department, pictures of Gollum and Treebeard are now online at Ain't It Cool News. WARNING THESE ARE MAJOR SPOILER, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM DON'T CLICK THIS LINK.

Gollum and Treebeard

I, personally, think they look awsome. Hell if I had time I would pop in my new Fellowship of the Ring dvd and just groove. Alas, I don't. :(

Oh yeah, midnight showing anyone?

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Are they even doing a midnight showing???

I'm up for meeting anyone who wants to go see The Two Towers (Cinemark Valleyview?) opening night!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.