main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Ok, we're a scant 2 1/2 weeks away from opening. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to the midnight showing or not. I really want to, but so does my wife. And since I'm not really comfortable leaving my 2 year old daughter alone in the house while she sleeps, we'd have to find a baby sitter over night on a Tuesday. Not the most probable thing to hope for.

Still, that's what Grandma and Grandpa are for. So, if there's enough interest to see the midnight showing, I'm all for going with you fine folks. We just need to decide where.

I don't know how many of you purchased the Extended Edition DVD that came with the Movie Cash, but there's a free ticket in there and it seems that AMC is the only theater that won't honor it. Cinemark, Dickenson, and Hollywood are all listed so I think we should go there, if possible. I'm sure we'd probably go to Dickenson anyway due to our previous relationship with them. Just need to verify they'll be showing it.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this movie and I'd love to go with the lot o' ya, but I just need some lead time to make my decision. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably just take the afternoon of the 18th off and go with my wife while the kid is in day care, that would be just as easy too.

Post up!

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    If i go it'll be at the Cinimark, personally i hate the Dickenson and always have, it's yucky and the teeny boopers are rampant there.

3. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I'm for Cinemark as well! Its just an all around more pleasant place to go than Dickinson.

4. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi and I are definitely up for a midnight showing (no matter how many liberties PJ takes with the storyline :mad: ) and the Cinemark is peachy-keen with us! :D

5. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I am down with the midnight showing. I like the cinamark best.

6. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Called Cinemark today. They are selling midnight showing tickets finally. They only have one screening (currently) scheduled, so we'll all guaranteed to get the same theater w/o buying simultaneously. They will accept the Movie Cash from the DVD for this showing. You can also buy them online at http://www.cinemark.com. Hope to see you all there!

7. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Mike and Dena have said they won't be going to the midnight showing. I am going for sure to Cinemark, is anyone else planning on going?

8. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi and I are definitely up for a midnight showing (no matter how many liberties PJ takes with the storyline :mad: ) and the Cinemark is peachy-keen with us!

9. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    :)

Awesome, Billy. What time to you think you're going to show up? We could work in shifts waiting in line if need-be.

10. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Yep, since Dena would only get 2-3 hours sleep before work we'll be going after she gets off sometime that wednesday. We'll let ya know what time we plan on going if anyone wants to tag along that didn't make the midnight or just wants to see it again (waves at Billy and Kenzi)

11. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    Barry his bro, Wes, Amanda, Kelly, Nathan Sweat(maybe)and me will all be there at the 12 showing at the cinamark. so when do we want to meet up maybe some dinner before hand?

12. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    What about 7 o'clock dinner? That too late/early? I don't think we'll have any trouble finding food nearby. Cheddar's is good and cheap and in the same parking lot. I like Fuddrucker's across the street too. Or even Wendy's or IHOP are there too. I'm down for whatever.

13. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi and I can meet for dinner anytime from 7pm on, and I'd be up for dinner anywhere.

14. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    ok now that is settled were to eat at is the big question is were to eat?

15. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm not really sure how to read that last question, Otto. But I'll take a stab at it and assume that 7pm is fine with everyone. I say we just meet at Cheddar's since it's in a convenient location to the theater.

The big question left is how many are coming? I'll try to get there ahead of time to start the table-wait game.

Start counting:
    1 - Brent

16. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
  17. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    dont you mean Otto2 Mike. Hehehe.
    Head count on my end is
    make that 6

18. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi & Billy - 2

19. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Dena and I are gonna see the 6 showing at Cinimark, "All are welcome, Allll welcome."

20. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi and I will be there!!

21. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Darn it! Once again I will not be able to attend. I voluntered to help w/ the make-up & hair for our chruch Christmas program. I'm there everynight this week at 5:00. Such is life...
    Plus I think I will wait till Mike is in town after Xmas to see it w/ him. So if you guys haven't had enough of LOTR by then, the more the merrier! :)

22. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    *shivers*

Mike2, why ohh why did you have to quote the crazy woman from the first Poltergeist film?!?

23. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
  24. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Well just got home from seeing the movie. Overall I reacted positively to this installment of the trilogy. I refuse to compare to ESB since everyone and thier dog is already doing that and ESB is not my fav of that trilogy anyway.Unlike the previous installment there are a couple of less than sublte departures from the books that I did not care for and one that I did hehe. But the only question that really need answering is was I entertained for 2 hours and 59 minutes... I can safely say I was entertained for at least 2 hours and 45+ minutes :)

25. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    HOLY S@#&!!!! ED said something good about the movie :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.