main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, Trump had to try for that evangelical vote somehow. I guess he decided against pulling a McCain:

[​IMG]

In case the pic goes red-x

If I am not mistaken McCain was a proponent of the separation of church and state, then ran for President and on went the robes.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't think it was "bonkers". A lot of strictly religious folks are like that. The romantic aspects were really corny, but a lot of people are into that stuff.

I admit, there was something unsettling about it, but that may just be my own bias, my own aversion to religion.

Or it could be the weird level of dependence. Can't eat dinner with another woman? Can't be around alcohol without her? How weak and afraid are you? How can someone so dependent, so weak and afraid, rise to his level? And I don't mean "weak man", I mean weak adult human being. I'd say the same about a woman. It sounds more like he's a small child and she's his mother. They're so far up each other's asses, where does one end and the other begin? Idk if that's necessarily a bad thing, though.

Then again, there is an element of Christianity that says they're all helpless sinners.

They may just be different, is what I'm saying. Not "wrong" or bad, just different. Idk. Most of the article seemed okay to me. Most of it, on its own, doesn't seem that bad. It was when things kept piling up that it got a little unsettling.

If she suddenly dies, is he going to completely fall apart?

V-2 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  3. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Mother, Mother?

VadersLaMent likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ugh, I couldn't even finish that. It was just sickening.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Yeah, I was gonna post that. As the article points out there are parents who refer to each other as mom or mamma in front of their kids and such but this Pence version just sounds weird.

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001

Considering his job, the not being allowed to eat dinner alone with a woman is insane. I'm sure he has to constantly have dinners with male politicians to discuss business. So if the politician is a woman, they have to meet at his office? That's stupid and shows his antiquated views on women.

I never understand those relationships where the other spouse isn't allowed to do something with someone of the opposite sex. Do they think their husband is so weak that if a woman caresses his leg under the table or something, he'll immediately strip off all his clothes and have sex with her on the dinner table? Or that their husband is SO attractive that all women want them? (Seriously, who would want to have sex with Mike Pence other than his wife?)

This reminds of once I had a coworker who I offered to carpool down with to another city 3 hours away where we were the only two people from our office going to a conference. Our office only paid for 1/2 our mileage if we didn't carpool so it made sense. He told me that "his wife doesn't allow him to be in the car with someone of the opposite sex". Uh, so his wife thought I was going to pull the car over in the highway and climb on top of him or something? And also, her husband wasn't even someone I'd look twice at even if he was single, so yeah.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm about to meet a female client at a coffeeshop. The idea that my partner wouldn't allow that is absurd to me, and if she even hinted at having a problem with it, she'd have a fight on her hands.

Pence and unicorn's co-worker are spineless ****s.

8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I don't think it's a belief that they'd personally be tempted. Rather, I think it's a bit of imagined moral superiority and one-upmanship about how absolutely chaste you can be.

9. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Regarding Trump's recent environnemental policy, by literrally destroying Obama's 8 years efforts for the environnemental protection and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, this GIF sums it up pretty well:

http://i.imgur.com/xvsng0l.gif

If you're gonna post pics with disallowed language you have to link to them offsite with a warning.

10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    he's back to attacking the freedom caucus And the NY times on twitter again this morning. says he want's libel laws changed.

which would be bad, but maybe everyone trump has insulted or lied about could sue him all at once

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He's been wanting libel laws changed since before he got elected. That's part of the reason he is so dangerous; he wants to ensure that the press will be afraid to criticize him due to the possibility of facing a lawsuit. Even if the evidence were in the press's favor, the situation would still be bad.

Step one to his completely controlling the media.

12. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    oh i know he's been after that. If only the media hadn't covered him for the last 30+ years

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    And in Mike Pence is evil news, he cast the tie-breaking vote in the Senate allowing states to defund Planned Parenthood.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wonder how his wife feels about him ****ing all the women in america at once.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

Anything I'd actually try to type out would be against the TOS at this point.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Time for me to up my monthly donation.

Meanwhile the NC General Assembly is meeting in talks about repealing HB2. They've been threatened with the state losing the location for the NCAA tournament through 2022 if they don't.

I'll take whatever reason for the repeal that I can get, but I do find some sort of sick humor in the lack of concern for LGBTQ people and the economy itself (PayPal's change in location alone costing thousands of jobs), but we gotta have college basketball here.

I love college basketball but priorities much?

CT-867-5309 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
  18. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

He doesn't care about his wife, and I suppose she doesn't care about him, that's why she lives in New-York while he's at Washington. This comparison between the Obama couple and the Trump couple says it all:

[​IMG]

Link: https://www.indy100.com/article/difference-barack-obama-donald-trump-two-videos-playback-us-7538906

19. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

Violent Violet Menace Sorry for the previous post. I will be more careful next time.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Actually, after consulting with the staff, I'm told that spoiler tags don't work in the Tapatalk app, so TOS-violating pics can only be linked to. Videos with violating language in the thumbnail or title must also be linked to rather than embedded.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

She is probably considering a divorce.

22. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Is there a problem with Tapatalk currently? Last time I used it (must have been on Sunday), the spoiler tags worked.

23. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I just work here, man. I do as I'm told.

Alpha-Red and Point Given like this.
  24. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i like how Trump is attacking the two groups not for the healthcare bill last week. This will surely lead to more votes. Right out of Art of the Deal for sure.

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    They don't work on Tapatalk if you give the spoiler header a custom title.

Darth_Voider likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.