Senate The U.S. Politics thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

1. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    i think reid might actually be senile at this point.
  2. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Can't say I'm surprised if this is true. He's been there for a very very long time.
  4. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Is he leaving voluntarily, or is he being dragged out kicking and screaming?
  5. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Popping in here because this showed up on my Facebook feed:

The cost of a simple breath

Sweet. Jesus.

I take the generic for Singulair and pay $40 per rescue inhaler (my insurance covers the rest of the cost) and I feel like I've got it easy after reading this.

I feel so bad for people who have to go without because they can't shell out hundreds of dollars. Especially when other countries manage to make them available for much less.

What a ****ing racket.

(FWIW, Primatene Mist inhalers are evil, but so are closed up airways.)
    beezel26 and Juliet316 like this.
  6. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9

This is part of the GOP's new outreach to women and non-white people.
    Last edited by VadersLaMent, Mar 19, 2014
  7. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  8. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Guns in Cars sounds like a death metal band.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  10. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    And the measure would prevent any other law enforcement agency from taking up the investigation once it had been closed.

“People in Wichita are already afraid to file complaints against the WPD, because the department has a well-known reputation for retaliating against those who do, and this bill would render such retaliation legal,” Kansas Exposed noted. “Furthermore, the bill clearly prevents an outside agency, such as the Kansas Bureau of Investigations, from opening an investigation into an allegation that the WPD has already ruled upon.”Ironically, the anonymously-filed legislation would also ban anonymous complaints against police.
    Nope. No one is trying anything dystopian here. Nothing to see. perfectly innocent.
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. heels1785 Jedi Draft and Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Any state that selected Sam Brownback on three separate occasions to represent them in the US Senate- and then decided that it wasn't enough, they wanted him to be governor - is not to be trusted to adhere to any kind of sanity.
  12. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    George Orwell is pooping his pants in his grave.
  13. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7

cant get enough of that brownback
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    What is really sad is those states that are so called progressive do not do anything about it. California beats up car manufacturers and others about the smog but those already needing a breath are screwed cause California won't get the drugs to be cheap. Really sad.
  15. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Anonymous has written some really good poetry.
  17. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    If the Democrats want to hold onto or advance their number of seats in the House and Senate this November, what should they focus on?

I think they should focus on:
    1. the economy (jobs, minimum wage and other labor laws, infrastructure, tax reform, decreasing Medicare costs, the Paycheck Fairness Act for women)
    2. ending the war in Afghanistan
    3. the good that ObamaCare is accomplishing
    4. fixing the political system (campaign financing transparency, nonpartisan congressional redistricting, further erode the filibuster, automatic voter registration/updating, mandate early voting and vote-by-mail)
    5. immigration reform
    Last edited by Ghost, Mar 23, 2014
    Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  18. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    The biggest thing the Dems should address is the hijacking and spinning of language used by the GOP to make their evils sound good. Otherwise 1 3 and 4 are the main course.

--------------------------

The Guns Everywhere bill of Georgia

Basically, this new law will allow Georgians to carry guns absolutely everywhere they go, including churches, bars, government buildings, airports, and any tax-payer funded facility. It also allows teachers and administrators at every school to be armed.
    Initially, the bill also made it legal to carry guns onto college campuses. But, at the last minute, they took out the provision which allowed for all out carrying on campus. However, before you breathe a sigh of relief here, you should probably know that in the fine print, they made sure to decriminalize it. So, basically, now, carrying a gun on a college campus would merely trouble you with a pesky fine similar to a minor speeding ticket (around a $100). Oh, and have I mentioned that Georgia boasts some of the top party schools in the nation? I mean, what could possibly go wrong here??

[IMG]
  19. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    libs never manipulate language to further their causes? it's like their number one tactic. i don't think this kind of thing can be "addressed".

and that gif is FANTASTIC.
    TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  20. TOSCHESTATION Force Ghost

star 4
    Illegal Immigration = profits for the Republicans and their business bed buddies, and Democrat voters-for-life for the Dems.
  21. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    Illegal immigrants can't vote.
  22. TOSCHESTATION Force Ghost

star 4
    "Immigration reform" or "amnesty" = makes them legal . Then they can vote.
  23. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    You said Illegal Immigration, not Immigration reform.
  24. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    You need to read the actual language of the bill. If it passed before elections (now doubtful) it would only apply to illegal immigrants before a certain date, and even they wouldn't be able to vote until the 2030's.
  25. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Teachers too? I'd hate to fail a test or not show up for classes.
    Juliet316 likes this.