main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well guess I'm not going to Missouri anytime soon.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    FOX News is back to Monica ******* Lewinsky. :rolleyes:

3. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i wanna read that article. get the FULL story.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I mean, she's writing about it in Vanity Fair, begging for attention - not really FOX trolling. CNN and MSNBC have got lead stories regarding her on their site right now too.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, it wasn't just FOX covering this today. All three networks jumped right on it. I swear the people at CNN practically had an orgasm at once more covering the Lewinsky scandal.

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Are Republicans really that afraid of Hillary? Boehner is forming a Benghzai panel and now Monica is back? If these didn't bring her down before, I fail to see how they will now. Meanwhile, no one takes poor Joe seriously.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm going to give Monica the benefit of the doubt when she writes that she decided to share her story in Vanity Fair as a way to help others through humilating situations (she says she was motivated to do it by the Tyler Clemente suicide). It's been 16 years. If her intent was to derail Hilary she had a chance to resurface in 2008.

8. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I think Republicans are "afraid" of former Sec of State Clinton in the same way that Democrats were "afraid" of Gov Christie. She's the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination so of course they're going to try and take her down with whatever scandal they can assign to her. Just like Democrats beat the "bridge-gate" drum for as long as they possibly could. That's politics.

That said, in both cases, just because there is politics driving the "desire for truth" doesn't mean there isn't an issue worth investigating.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Monica Lewinsky chose to write for Vanity Fair. That alone is why she is in the news.

Souderwan and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "Tomorrow, President Obama is going to do interviews with meteorologists all across the country about a new climate change report...I hope they ask him about Benghazi!" — Fox News host Dana Perino

How long until they find some way to connect Benghazi and Monica Lewinski?

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nah, most of the media is already using Monica to speculate about how her reappearance is going to affect Hilary's 2016 chances.

12. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    So McCrory finally addresses the issue of teacher pay in NC. Question is: will it satisfy teachers or make things even worse? What do you think, anakinfansince1983?

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Monica Lewinski was an inside job!

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *tries to avoid obvious and likely TOS Clinton jokes*

15. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Better that than on, say, the South Lawn of the White House.

I wonder if Bill will really make a public apology to Monica. That would be something to see. Bill Clinton will be the best first lady ever.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    "I did actually have sexual relations with that woman!"

17. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    It will be carefully crafted to make Hillary look like the greatest wife ever. And it will work. She will be freed from this mess for all time, and it will help the GOP stay focus on a different losing issue: Benghazi.

18. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    maybe he could bite her face on live television, ferociously and repeatedly. that would garner her plenty of sympathy, perhaps even from tea party types too!

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The answer to your question is "neither" as I see it.

McCrory is definitely more supportive of teachers than the General Assembly has been, or at least is giving lip service as such, and that's a good thing. But the proposed pay scale will have beginning teachers making more money than teachers with more than ten years experience, and that's causing some resentment. Plus the issue of losing career status in 2018 is still on a lot of people's minds.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    WTF? I fail to see how she drew a line between Tyler Clemente killing himself and her putting herself back in the limelight. That seems some pretty tortured logic there.

21. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    who the **** is tyler clemente?

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Someone that killed himself, apparently. After working for Bill Clinton? Otherwise I don't see a very direct connection either.

23. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    is he related to samuel clemens?

24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i feel like maybe its a baseball player? maybe one of the ones that was using steroids? maybe he killed himself from the shame

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Alright so how are steroids related to Monica Lewinsky?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.