main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    HOT ****ING DAMN!!!

Judge lifts stay in North Carolina same sex marriage

This local girl is rooting for you, Scott and Joey. I hope you have that champagne to go with your coffee early tomorrow.

(And I'll be posting another "hot ****ing damn" in boldface and larger font.)

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I hate champagne. It's cold. It gets everywhere, especially when you have too much.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It beats sand...

4. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
  5. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ours stayed. [face_plain]

On women voters...Jon Stewart was brilliant on Wednesday:

Hank Hill likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Wendy Davis - smart lady, good candidate. Horribly run campaign.

This wheelchair ad aimed at her handicapped opponent is inexplicably stupid. They were down double digits before, but this was essentially giving up. Unfortunate for her.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    anakinfansince1983 - are you picking up any vibes on Kay Hagan's reelection race? Polls seem to have been close for a while, but she seems fairly centrist, and strong enough to hold the seat.

We had our gubernatorial debate here in Charleston last night, 4 candidates versus Nikki Haley. We have an interesting dynamic - Haley (proud Tea Party Republican and incumbent), State Sen. Vincent Sheheen, my candidate (a centrist Democrat, but milquetoast), Tom Ervin (a disgruntled Republican running as an Independent), and then our resident Libertarian and Green Party candidate.

These are the rehearsed closing statements - give a good overlay of just how weak the field is. It doesn't look like it's going to get any better in South Carolina, Haley is pulling away by double digits.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't looked at polls lately but I think it depends on who Haugh takes votes from. Initially it was said that he would take votes from Evillis but there is some concern that he could take votes from Hagan.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well the Supreme Court ruled that Corporations are people. [/sarcasm]

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bizarre. I do not envy voters having to choose between those two.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope Al Franken wins in my state.

16. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Is that a serious post?

Franken is coasting to re-election.

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    AIPAC and the NSA do too.

18. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    im pretty sure if charlie christ and christ christy are presidents of two states at the same time that fulfills End Times Prophecy and brings about the Rapture. i think

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm pretty sure that's what Eric Cantor thought of his own re - election.:p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Cantor was clearly vulnerable-- Franken is not. He'll win by something close to double digits.

21. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I think Franken will win, but not by double digits. Right now, McFadden is moving upwards, while Franken has stayed largely the same. Which means that most people have decided except for the few undetermines going to McFadden, which is probably the result of general Obama fatigue as opposed to specifically supporting one or the other. Unless something wild happens to either, I bet the result is going to be Franken around 48-49%, McFadden 42-43%.

The other issue is how much stock voters place in former elected officials. The three former Senators from Minnesota have endorsed McFadden over Franken. Norm Coleman, the Senator who Franken beat, used to be from the same party as Franken, before switching to the GOP. So if Franken has any vulnerabilities, it's that Franken is now the Coleman, and McFadden is now the Franken of this election.

There was one poll which showed that Franken had a double digit lead, but that was way out of wack compared to the others. All the other polls are in line with each other, right around the 6% advantage range to Franken.

22. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    At least we can vote out idiots like Pam Bondi. Not sure what others in Florida are up to get fired for reelection.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bondi has a double digit lead in the polls.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Tesla vs Michigan

The middle man does not like the idea of Tesla selling direct so the GOP in Michigan is trying to pass a law to stop Tesla cars from being sold in Michigan. Corporations buying legistaltion is alive and well.

25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Would that be because selling direct prevents a middleman form making money for doing nothing other than being a middleman??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.