main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
  2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    maybe i just have a really short attention span or something but can someone explain to me why jeb bush is still considered a thing? like, has he even held office in the last decade?

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    cuz he's a Bush?

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Santorum would call him a Mexican lover in the first debate (which would be true, his wife is Mexican), and it would all be over. The bloodthirsty masses in the Robert E. Lee auditorium at the University of the South would shriek with approval, and maybe he could go host a show on CNN.

Too moderate.

Jedi Merkurian and Rogue_Ten like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    When is Santorum going to stop being considered a thing? I thought his career was on the dying path back in 2012-13?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Never. He'll continue to froth up from the surface every 4 years, decked out in sweater vests and grandpa pants, prepared to defend fetuses and innocent heterosexuals from the forces of evil.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Senate races starting to widen a good bit.

Looks like the following results in the key states are likely, preventing any last minute swings in turnout. Most of these have an gap in the RCP average of over 4%.

North Carolina - Hagan (Democratic hold)
    Colorado - Gardner (GOP pickup - Udall)
    Iowa - Ernst (GOP pickup - Harkin ret.)
    Kentucky - McConnell (GOP hold)
    Arkansas - Cotton (GOP pickup - Pryor)
    Louisiana - Cassidy (GOP pickup - Landrieu)
    Alaska - Sullivan (GOP pickup - Begich)
    New Hampshire - Sheheen (Democratic hold)

Georgia is razor thin, a Republican seat that could be the only official Democratic pickup of the evening - Kansas also an odd situation, as the Democrat has dropped out - independent (who will caucus with Dems) is tied with incumbent Republican Pat Roberts.

GOP also safely picking up 3 seats in WV, SD, and MT. Democrats have no assumed gains.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    HOPE

So, how many people are polled in a Pew Poll or Study? Limbaugh and Fox News and Beck are the least trusted news sources. CNN is apparently the most trusted.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Mm. BuzzFeed is the least trusted, according to that poll. As they should be.

Kos, Mother Jones, and Ed Schultz had sample sizes too small to qualify. That's embarrassing - Kos has really fallen off in influence.

It's a neat study for each side to go back and forth on, but this poll proves very little that we did not know. Conservatives trust nothing but Fox News. Fringe websites and radio programs are very targeted and most put no stock in them, liberal or conservative. The centers options are ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    CNN is reporting that another person jumped the White House fence near the East Wing.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So Kay Hagan didn't show up for her debate last night. Lindsey Graham pulled the same stunt here, but his race was never close. Martha Coakley initially refused to debate her opponent (who is beating her) in the MA gov race. Then there was Rick Scott.

Maddow raked these pols for this new tendency last night - I especially do not understand it in the cases of Hagan and Scott, with their bizarre behavior in razor thin races, just knowing that the video makes its way across every corner of the Internet almost instantaneously.

12. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    say "razor thin" again.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    You haven't stopped trying too hard. Thanks for stopping by.

14. wall of sick

Sep 9, 2014
    i just want to see it again. pleasepleasepleaseplease

heels1785 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    200% better.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yup. And according to the secret service "Dogs got him"

So as soon as he hopped over the dogs took him down. Apparently the dogs are being treated for injuries sustained during the incident.

So clearly the solution from the start should have been more dogs

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It works against Ironborn.

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    basically just replace the entire police force with vicious dogs, imho

no handlers. just unleash mass quanties of vicious dogs everywhere

EVERYWHERE

its basically "an armed society is a polite society" but with swarms and packs of vicious dogs

also the dogs are wearing bombs, tuned to their vitals or w/e. so if your plan is to shoot the dogs, well, you better be quick on the draw cuz them bombs got sum range and these dogs are trained to close that gap, son

Ramza likes this.
  19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Dogs? Why not go full Batman Returns and just use penguins?
    [​IMG]

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think I've figured out a good compromise:
    [​IMG]

21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    genius! that's why you get those sweet sweet math bucks

22. wall of sick

Sep 9, 2014
    a dogguin would be an excellent choice of attack animal for protecting the executive mansion.

23. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    You just made my night.

Seriously.

24. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
  25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] Okay, that was [face_rofl]