main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Because he didn't insult anyone who mattered...

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    He didn't insult the money men.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Palin and Trump threaten to run again...
    Perry clearly thinking about running for the uh... Oops he forgot.
    Just need Bachman, Ron Paul and Herman Cain and the band will be back together.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    In answer to my own recent question: http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ng-for-us-plutocrats-108014.html#.VMR2w1bIowQ

That about sums it up right there. This bit here is the last part of a surprisingly long essay:

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    One of the best articles that they've ever posted.

I remember reading it awhile back.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I already noted the rich are calling for more action and social justice. But people prefer to hate what they don't know. ;)

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    =D=

8. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Ender: he notes how many rich people like him disagree with what he has to say, and we can all see that he is clearly in the minority. If there were a lot more 1%ers like him, I think things would potentially be different throughout the country.

9. deathraygun

deathraygun Jedi Knight star 3

May 8, 2014
  10. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
  11. deathraygun

deathraygun Jedi Knight star 3

May 8, 2014
    Damnit Bobby, move to a red state... No problems with infrastructure in Texas, other than Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas.... Student debt is a farce, hello college is a *right* and it's free.... At least, If you're willing to take remedial high school level classes for college credits. Thank you, Obama. The guy's argument on AK-47? Wow, just ****ing wow. What a total dumb****. Do you actually watch this **** before you post it? Surely not. I noticed his left shoulder is moving fervently at least 8:00... What's up with that?

12. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Walker is the only GOP candidate I'm concerned about: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...wa_freedom_summit_the_wisconsin_governor.html

The rest are hopeless. Walker is sleazy enough, and comes across to a lot of people as well-intentioned, to convince a lot of fence-sitting people to vote for him. Will be interesting to see if anything ever comes of Walker's near-indictment last year, and what the national media's best operatives uncover about him in the future.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Bush or Rubio would give me the most pause, especially if Rubio vs. Clinton can be framed as a bizarro 2008 election, with Rubio capturing a good chunk of the hispanic vote and energizing the youth base against an older, experienced, less dynamic candidate.

I've always seen Walker and Cruz as regional candidates, not particularly big threats.

14. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Rubio isn't getting any more than the normal amount of hispanic vote that any Republican candidate would get. He's a mediocre politician and is going nowhere as a presidential candidate.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I don't see the youth vote mobilizing for him either. His presence in the minds of young voters remains, and will remain for the foreseeable future, that drink of water meme. Marco Rubio water is the first result that Google Autocomplete throws up when you start typing his name in the box. He's mainly a joke for young people, not a viable candidate for the White House.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Obi-Zahn Kenobi, Vaderize03 and Ghost like this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Good. It's disgraceful. You don't invite a foreign leader to this country on official business behind the President's back, and especially not to use said foreign leader to bash our President. That's reprehensible.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

18. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I can only imagine what administration officials said (and thought) when they learned from the media that Netanyahu would be speaking to a joint session of Congress. That the Israeli ambassador met with John Kerry for two hours on Tuesday and said nothing whatsoever about the impending announcement is equally unbelievable.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It'd be unprecedented and absurd if it ended there.

However, the right has also used the fact that Obama will not visit with "Bibi" on this visit to further the "Obama hates Israel" fairy tale they perpetuate. He's not meeting with a guy he never invited, and who is up for re-election in a few months.

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    It's pretty standard for the US president to not meet with a head of government that's up for re-election soon.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Correct. And especially when said President didn't invite the head of government in the first place. We agree.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It shows how much of an "ally" Israel is, at least under the Netanyahu government, for anyone who still hasn't picked up on it.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Guy takes a trip behind his back to badmouth his policies. President decides not to see him.

What's surprising is that anybody thinks that it's a surprise.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I wish someone would build an illegal settlement on top of Bibi.

yankee8255, Ghost, Jedi Ben and 3 others like this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.