main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
  3. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  4. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Ugh, really?

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Nice to read about Harriet Tubman's face replacing President Jackson's on the $20 bill. Good in two respects: Nice recognition of an important figure in our history and also replacing an odd choice of Jackson on our national currency. Win-win.

I'm also really happy that Hamilton remains on the $10. He deserves to be on a bill as much as any of the presidents do.

Jedi Merkurian and Ghost like this.
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They're kicking Jackson's ass to the back of the bill? There's no safe hooveren from PC people!

7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    [​IMG]

8. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Sad reality for Bernie today. :( Oh well. Unless a miracle happens, we are now in the darkest timeline. Not looking forward to the general election, whether it's Trump vs. Clinton or some other GOP-appointed person vs. Clinton. Not good.

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Essentially, Clinton will be the President.
    Even the shuffling about by the Republicans doesn't matter anymore. Trump will get to strut the stage for the rest of the year, and then have a lifetime of stories about how he was robbed and how he would have done better, which is the best outcome for him anyway.

10. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    :( Yeah. I don't see the GOP being able to demographically compete against her with Trump so far ahead for the GOP and threatening a third party run if they don't choose him. It's a fantastic situation for Clinton: in Trump she is given basically the equivalent of an actual strawman. This allows her to make policy proposals and move forward agendas that will look nice compared to Trump's insanity, with the excuse well at least I'm not Trump. It gives her tremendous room. And knowing her record, both domestic and foreign, that shouldn't inspire confidence. For anyone except the most staunch Hillary supporters, I think that's a pretty scary possibility.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Take heart. The wickedness of the Clintonites is descending. But the Combination is not yet defeated. The bird did not alight for nothing. Stand by for further instructions.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

//looks up manual...

"Press B, Select, Red, Red, Green, Blue, Start" -- this will recall your malfunctioning Wocky-unit to home base...

13. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    I thought it was " up down up down left right left right B A B A start".

Or was that the cheat code for Metroid?

14. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    metroid was "JUSTIN BAILEY" and then twelve dashes. that code is for contra and a couple other games.

15. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Contra! That's the one! I'd forgotten about that, lol.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Contra. Also known as The Konami Code...

EDIT: Also, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A(, select), start.

Not whatever you put in. :p

Vaderize03 likes this.
  17. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Chute! I got the 'up down' thing backwards. I had it right at first though, then I changed it.

And I'm pretty sure you had to hit 'B A' twice before 'select' and 'start', but I could be wrong :D (it's been awhile since I played NES or Super Nintendo/No-friendo.

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] This place is on fiyah today!

Vaderize03 likes this.
  19. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    contra. also known as the komami code. up up up up down lef lef lef right lef right lef B A C.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  20. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    UF UF UF LEF B A C A DOWN

Rogue1-and-a-half and Vaderize03 like this.
  21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah, who was indicted on charges of racketeering, bribery, bank fraud, and money laundering last year, and faces a lengthy time in the pokey - was primaried last night.

He still got 36% of the vote.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  22. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Yeah, he was a local politician gone bad. His dad's gonna end up in the tank too. I'm just happy Sestak lost. He's a weirdo.

Peace,

V-03

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not sure where to put this but it made me think of the Trump campaign and ethnocentrism getting more acceptable instead of less.

Ivy League economist interrogated for doing math on flight

mranakinfan has been interrogated in the airport before but not on a flight. This is such bull****.

24. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    I get flagged every time I fly. I have an ileostomy, and every time I pass through the body-scanner, they pull me out of line and wipe me down for explosive residue.

Y'know, just in case I'm smuggling atomic **** in there.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for a state to take me in when my crazy-ass state secedes from both the Union and the 21st century.

Prefer cities with greenways, natural food stores, and well-paying librarian job openings, driving distance to mountains, four seasons and few mosquitoes and spiders.

Serious offers can post here.

Yeah. Read this ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.