main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Ha, it's like the Executive Branch said "Let's double it!" and Biden probably said "... and round it off to the nearest half-thousand..."

[​IMG]

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I wish Biden could be President.

Anyway, deep, they actually brought it down from $50,500. However, there will be mandated regular increases with much shorter timeframes than the 12 years since last updated.

Also, 16 conservative think tanks have preempted the announcement with a statement opposing any change, and "encouraging" GOP lawmakers to resist. Of course, since this is an executive order, Congress has as much say as I do.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I just think that was an easy compromise to make when they can say "We doubled it" -- it's easily sellable.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  5. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Answer my question first: What part of "it was simple text analytics" did you not understand?

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm sorry, this relates to US Politics...how?

7. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    The individual to whom I responded called someone an ***hole (and spelled it precisely the way as I have written; i.e. 3 stars plus "hole") and I was lamenting the lack of civility in the thread for those who respectfully disagree because it is rather obvious what the 3 stars stood for (despite his claim otherwise).

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Former GOP Senator Bob Bennett (Utah) died a few weeks ago... and his dying wish was to apologize to any Muslims in the hospital for the rise of Donald Trump

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...r-apologizes-to-muslims-for-donald-trump.html

ATF is looking for the criminal(s) responsible for fatal Waco chemical explosion in 2013:
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...West-explosion-was-a-criminal-act-7462148.php

10. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Is that the wall to Diagon Alley?

13. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Come for the political commentary, stay for the...uh...cross and the elephant.

15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    define 'going all negative on her'
    i live in arizona and havn't seen any advertising or interviews from either one of them .

16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    The only thing I've seen is that campaign staffer for mccan in got busted when her meth lab blew up. Lol arizona

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    …and Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas….all meth havens.

Who needs zombies when you have methheads?

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Feds are seeking the death penalty for the pile of excrement who murdered 9 here in Charleston at Mother Emanuel AME last year.

I don't particularly care for the death penalty, but there will be no mourning if he gets it.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Has he gotten the **** beaten out of him in prison yet?

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

He'll almost certainly be welcomed by the neo-nazis behind bars.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Monsanto is worth more than five dollars?

23. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Senator Ayotte pushes for new Iran sanctions in must-pass defense bill

The JCPOA evidently still faces much resistance.

24. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I have no idea how anyone back in the day could have thought that adding random stuff to a bill was proper political process. A bill should be about a very specific topic, nothing else. If it isn't directly linked to any sanctions towards a country, then such sanctions do not belong in the bill, period. A spending deal for water and energy programs is a bill for water and energy programs, nothing else. That approach is one of the most obvious rules that should have been set when the system got implemented.

25. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Dunno how this got missed. Probably Beezer will be the only to appreciate this. Gov. McCory is now beating his Democratic opponent by 5 points. And since McCrory has gotten national attention for his stance on transgender bathrooms & Obama's executive overreach, 11 other states including your home state of Texas has joined in a lawsuit against the Obama Admin

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/05/27/nc-governor-pat-mccrory-takes-back-lead-polls/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-suing-over-obamas-transgender-directive.html

Beezer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.