main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I'm just going to go beat my head against the wall on that one. On the bright side, there's at least six different petitions on WhiteHouse.gov asking that the group be reclassified as a hate group and get it's tax - exempt status revoked.

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    They have to say left. They can't say extreme right wing cause half the fox viewers will think its them. This way it gives the right wing extremists the idea that they can hate the westboro church with the same extreme as the left.

Jedi Merkurian and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i like how no one from the north is ever satisfied with kansas radicalism. it's like oh no don't do that john brown, we have to work through legal channels and the power of the law to end slavery. or no no no student protesters, i know it sucks we shot at you but we need to end the war/address other social problems with the slow train of reform. so then after killing off the radical left, the right steps into the void and it's like no no no we can't turn back the clock. god is dead, idiots, go shopping or something here buy this american flag and let us do the heavy work of running the country.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Can someone just repost the relevant part of the article? I refuse to click on their trash on general principle. Plus I don't want their tracking cookies on my computer.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    mmmm wapo has some awesome residual republican tears from election chaos

yess.... yessssssss eat ur young... eat them

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    GHWBush, hard to have sympathy for a life long plutocrat.

Speaking of which The Koch Brothers are trying to stop aid to hurricane Sandy victims to get political points

Koch’s top deputy in New Jersey, a surly gentleman named Steve Lonegan, who heads the local AFP state chapter, called the aid package a “disgrace.” “This is not a federal government responsibility,” Lonegan told reporters. “We need to suck it up and be responsible for taking care of ourselves.”

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Undoubtedly my favorite moment of the whole piece. In a rare moment of vulnerability, they let down the ideological firewall and acknowledge how absolutely insane and dangerous it is for people to just be walking around with guns. If only they would remember this when open carry laws are debated.

Jedi Merkurian and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    At least they're being consistent with their professed ideology, unlike their teabagging followers, who yell and scream about "small government" and "get the government out of my life" for four years only to end up yelling and screaming "I lost my house, why isn't FEMA doing enough?" and "I want armed guards in my kid's school!"

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hillary Clinton is being hospitalized for a blood clot, a result of her concussion (she got the concussion when she had the flu and passed out from dehydration)... hope she makes a speedy recovery :(

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Best wishes on her recovery.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The blood clot is between her skull and brain... but doctors says there was no stroke or neurological damage, and expect her to make a full recovery.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    #RECALLCONGRESS #RECALLTHEPRESIDENT #RECALLCONGRESS #RECALLTHEPRESIDENT #RECALLCONGRESS #RECALLTHEPRESIDENT #RECALLCONGRESS

17. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    she got the flu from a baby that accidentally kicked her in the face, right after she was hit by an f-1 automobile out of nowhere just after she fell out of a ski lift, right after she was slapped really hard by the woman sitting next to her in the ski lift that thought she said to her, "hows about a screw?" when really she said "how do you do?"

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    #RECALLCONGRESS #RECALLTHEPRESIDENT #RECALLCONGRESS #RECALLTHEPRESIDENT #RECALLCONGRESS #RECALLTHEPRESIDENT #RECALLCONGRESS

19. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    juliet, where's your meds?

Darth Guy likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not on any.

21. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    juliet, we've been through this before. you HAVE to take your meds - they're for your own good. now where are they?

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

23. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    What do you rationally hope to accomplish with these posts? They're just kind of annoying and an eye sore, to be honest.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Not to mention the urls aren't even linked, meaning they're hashtags for no reason.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Also, why are you so universally mad? You post in political threads all the time, and have been following the fiscal cliff debate as closely as anyone. You've been doing so since the time the "Supercommittee" was a half-formed idea in the middle of summer negotiations. Having so clearly traced out responsibility for this whole thing, why would you make a post as if the President and Congressional Republicans are equally responsible?

Summer Dreamer and Valairy Scot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.