main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    At this point my only hope is he goes crazier and crazier these next few weeks. Perhaps that will be enough to scare off 36 more electors.

2. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    What I think is hilarious is that most of these Trump supporters once thought that Dubya was a great president and didn't have any problem voting for him a 2nd time even when it was clear at that point that he was a total failure.

They only admit now that the Iraq War 2 was pointless and Bush wrecked the economy and the Republicans sucked because Trump was "genuine" enough to tell them what was patently obvious about Bush to everyone else.

So, after 8 or 12 years of Republican voters living in denial, we'll end up having Vince McMahon or Ron Jeremy or Ted Nugent running for President, and one of these guys will finally convince the Republican public that Trump was totally awful disaster, and then they'll all vote for one of this newest batch of unqualified nitwits because one these guys certainly must be the totally inexperienced anti-establishment figure who can fix Washington that Trump promised to be.

Alpha-Red, MrZAP, Vaderize03 and 5 others like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeesh. If there is one person I can think of who would be worse than Trump, it would be Ted Nugent.

Vaderize03 and Abadacus like this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Oh yes, the man of "Cat Scratch Fever" fame. 8-}

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    If we were going to have a reality host as President, I would have preferred Jeff Probst over Trump a thousand times. About 95% less bombastic, and great insights into people.

How sad a state of affairs is that?

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Because the only good reality shows are documentaries.

MrZAP, Vaderize03, Asplundhe and 4 others like this.
  7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm okay with competition shows that aren't insane and annoying. Survivor is filled with smart, strategic people. Top Chef has great chefs.

Wait a second, we've all missed the obvious choice: Tim Gunn. Would vote for.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Hell's Kitchen.

IT'S RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Bob Barker

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    China, COME ON DOWN! You're the next guest on America is Right!

11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    The Price is Right theme song is both more melodic and singable than the current national anthem.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So, someone just as creepy as Trump?

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Him too? Really? Ye gods.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's pretty well-known that he sexually harassed pretty much every woman who worked on the show with him for decades. I loved the show as a kid, but egads did I learn some bad stuff about him when I grew up.

Tim Gunn, on the other hand, is one of the world's greatest humans. Tim for President!

Abadacus and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I never watched Trump's show. I honestly didn't pay hardly any attention to him until 2011, when he became the chief birther, and I became disgusted.

I think he should have been named "Pervert of the Year" for all his lewd comments, sexual assaults, and leering toward underage girls. Else, he should have been named "Idiot of the Year" for how he talks and thinks (i.e. he'll register Muslims through "good management procedures") and not knowing how to do things like open a bus door.

17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Everyone you liked is probably bad.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Why do you hate Tim Gunn, Vivec? Do you have no soul?

19. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    Trump supporter:

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    In honing my debating skills for STARBOB, I realize that Trump would be banned here for his dependence on ad hominem attacks. It's unfair. Rigged!

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  22. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    One of the commenters below made an apt observation:

My opinion: Carrier out-negotiated Trump. Not only is Carrier largely still moving to Mexico, they were able to wring millions of dollars in tax breaks to keep a token presence in Indiana. Thats millions of dollars that will not go to Indiana to improve Indiana highways, Indiana schools, Indiana law enforcement, Indiana emergency management...the list goes on and on. I thought we elected a savvy businessman...

23. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    It may be a token presence to you, but to 800 people it's not having to spend the holidays in the unemployment lines worrying about their future. Rome wasn't built in a day and Trump isn't even president yet. I rather the millions save jobs than use it on government waste. Those improvements you mentioned would be nice, but if the government has more money most of it would not trickle down to those projects.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    More than 800 people work for the government agencies VVM listed.

25. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    If the 800 jobs had left, How much more of an expanse would it be for the Indiana government to provide UN-employment benefits to them? So I would rather use the millions for a tax break and save jobs then give it to the government who in turn would have to use that money to support another 800 UN-employed people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.