main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Or you could do chores around the house.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I've got to say I don't see the point either.

If you insist, Hillary Clinton can be Jek Perkins, the huge failure who was technically still part of the team and got an inordinate amount of screen time despite being widely disliked.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    That seems rather unfair to Porkins. But then again, both did fail due to their inertial compensators being set too high.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  6. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Darkslayer likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  8. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Is there a "dislike" button for that ^ ?

Ugh.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rex Tillerson, CEO of Exxon Mobil who was awarded the "Order of Friendship" personally by Vlad for joint oil ventures in Russia - Trump's Secretary of State.

[​IMG]

Keep draining that swamp!

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Darkslayer and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

This sounds scary, almost Nazi like, Even farmers in Texas are realizing that global warming is real and something has to be done about it.

Did you guys hear about the guy Trump is appointing Secretary Of State, Tillerson, He is best friends with Vladimir Putin. I guess this is where we hand the keys of our country over to the Russians, any republicans who are regretting voting for him after seeing him appoint everyone in his cabinet to elite rich guys and his secretary of a state to a best friend of Putin, all I can say is WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE, you get what you deserve...

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Russians also hacked RNC computers, but did not release the information. Who knows what they're sitting on. It is quite scary how a) vulnerable the US political system is and b) the amount of dirt the Kremlin has on Democrats and Republicans.

Putin, at any moment, can toss a grenade into US politics.

Darth Nerdling and Darkslayer like this.
  13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I find it hard to believe Trump didn't have a hand in the hacking? he should be ousted for Treason.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    So Tillerson at State with Bolton as his deputy? This is going to be a fun ride for the whole world then, not just for the US.

MrZAP and Darkslayer like this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They should have gone with the other Bolton.

"When a maaaan loves a woman...."

Darth Nerdling and Yodaminch like this.
  16. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    One thing for sure, Congress needs to pass some sort of law that forces Presidential candidates to releases tax/financial records. I guarantee you if we had a law like that in place, Trump would have never been able to run.

17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    well why is the US political system so vulnerable ?
    How dirty are the Democrats and Republicans ?

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I think Trump has no idea what's going on and was playing along, not knowing he's at the mercy of the Kremlin.

19. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    For two reasons

Number one, one political (GOP) party doesn't give a **** about anything outside of a Supreme Court seat and tax cuts, and are reluctant to do anything that could hurt their electoral chances. And number two, 50% of country are brainwashed to react negatively to anything put out by the media and the government.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Trump cant be that stupid he duped the country into voting for him. I am sure he had something to do with it, and it will eventually come out, hopefully when it does come out there will be enough democrats in there to kick him out of office?

21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    how did they get brainwashed ?

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I gotta be honest, if 36 people can't look at this and say "Holy **** I can't vote for this man!" then we're in far worse trouble. And mind you there are 200+ Trump electors and only 36 need to flip since one has already come to his senses. That really shouldn't be so hard when you literally are bordering treason and corruption so clearly that Nixon himself is looking up going "C'mon!"

23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Turnabout is fair play. America has no right to be morally outraged about a foreign power interfering with their democratic process and installing their favoured candidates. No right at all.

Surely the infallible founding fathers wrote something fancy about what to do if a president falls under the control of a foreign power though, right?

24. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008

Conservative radio and media.

The right has been doing this since 1990s. Demonizing any government institution when the president is a Democrat and dismissing any mainstream news outlet (whether Post, CNN, the Times etc.) as left-wing trash. I mean Obama could release incriminating evidence about the Russian involvement in the hacks and yet you will still have 45-50% of the country still think he is just a partisan hack and dismiss it.

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    What Nixon did is so minuscule and penny-ante compared to Trump that it barely belongs in the same conversation.

Even Nixon's interference in the 1968 peace talks now seems like half of one day of Trump's campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.