main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    the latter is a direct response to the former. What the hell are you talking about Vivec.

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Did you know that I've been campaigning for a Palestinian State on both a national and a European level for over a decade

3. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    Uh, no. I keep trying to get banned but it never happens. It's not like the good old days with malkieD2 playing whack-a-mole with his ban hammer.

It's a tragedy, really. I find the forums stultifying and long for the freedom of the unban request. I'm like a sculptor whose art is in form forced, instead, to express mere light and shadow through the medium of paint.

Coruscant and SuperWatto like this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Will somebody please take the jcc tag off of this god awful thread?

5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Diggy started it.

6. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Trump started it.

edit: wait, harps? What do you care?

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    It doesn't work as a response to what I said. I've accused him of turning a blind eye to progressive leaders who bomb brown people. Talking about how he's done all this other good stuff doesn't work as a defense.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

I'd just like to see it tagged as a senate thread, so that I can weed it out.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Trumpy dumpty.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    We will be fine.

12. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Vivec, enlighten me as to how me calling Trump voters stupid and/or bigoted equates to "turning a blind eye" to, well, any political leaders.
    Meanwhile.
    Did you know I secured five million euros for new houses in the Phillipines after Haiyan?

edit: This is just ridiculous. I am not continuing this conversation. Trump says he'll destroy ISIS, and his team wants war with Iran. By the looks of it, he'll easily outdo Obama's death tally. Have fun defending him to others. I'm off.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Trumpty Dumpty sat on a Great Wall...

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe. The uncertainty is what bothers me the most. With Obama I never worried about a rash decision. Same with Clinton and even, yes, even W. The latter made serious mistakes regarding war but it wasn't rash. It was just a massive tragic error.

But Trump's childish rants and personality make me hope Obama snuck the codes out in his coat pocket.
    I'm only half joking.

I just hope we don't have stories in the press about Trump's cabinet and advisers having to "talk Trump down" on major decisions. That would be worrisome.

But I'm not worried!

[face_worried]

15. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Well, I do agree that just saying that people are stupid/racist/self-serving etc doesn't accomplish anything on its own. I also would admit that these things will never be eliminated totally, at least until we get neural upgrades or something like that.

However, people have come up with strategies to fight these things. For instance, Milk's idea of coming out publicly went a long way to making LGBT lifestyles more acceptable. The same with pushing the media to have diverse casts has led young people to be far more accepting. Researchers in social science have come up with different in-person techniques that have been shown make homophobic people less intolerant of those with different sexual orientations.

Fake news may seem like an impossible thing to stop, and then some genius in Silicon Valley develops a new program that identifies it in a nanosecond.

Things like these can be achieved or are achieved by recognizing a problem and then trying to find ways to address it.

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree that the democratic party really needs to start rebuilding locally. That's where they have been devastated and that's where it needs to be rebuilt first.

17. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    good day for bad people

18. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    We should have given all our nukes to Canada.

Jedi Merkurian and Alpha-Red like this.
  19. BookLover20

BookLover20 Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2016

Well, I wouldn't put it quite like that, but you've got the point, Boba. The White House has, for the most part, flipped back and forth every eight years since Eisenhower's first inauguration. Only exceptions are Jimmy Carter's term between Nixon/Ford and Reagan's first term, then HW's term after Reagan's second.

Didn't watch much of the coverage due to work and other stuff. Just caught a bit here and there. Congratulations to President Trump and Vice President Pence, and best wishes to the Obamas.

BTW, I was thinking about the former Presidents yesterday, and I suspect the country may see another Presidential funeral sometime in the next year or two either for HW or Carter, if not both. HW turns 93 in June, Carter 93 in October, and they're not in the best of health. Gerald Ford was the longest lived President and he died before turning 94, so I honestly don't expect either HW or Carter to make it to that point. Hope I'm wrong and they do live past 94, but not counting on it too much.

20. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Anyone see the Obama foundation thing they just started? https://www.obama.org/

The logo is grey....I want to say that symbolizes the aging of the Obama symbol :p

21. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    They would likely refuse. Canada likes the idea of the U.S. possessing at least some nukes, as they help financially with the cost of some of the arsenal, but they don't want any on their soil.

Maybe Obama hid the red phone in a closet? Probably where he hid his stash of smokes from the former First Lady.

22. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    We would say the same thing had she won.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

Bush does not approve of Trump. Or rain, it gets everywhere.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Ghost, I've never seen those pictures beforeā€¦.not even in this thread or the Trump presidency one.

The W one is funny though. He's looking at his BFF Michelle.

25. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    That ship sailed one election cycle ago.

ShaneP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.