main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Governor Dayton of Minnesota just passed out during their State of the State address, scary, hopefully it wasn't a stroke with how he was speaking just before he collapsed :(

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My concern is what they consider "resisting arrest."

3. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I had to immediately search to see if he was ok. It appears he is.

Ghost likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

I actually stared at this for hours while listening to feeds of pundits prattling on about this first ever US fascist overlord one night immediately after the election.

[​IMG]

It was hypnotizing. Which helped with the audiovomit.

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I honestly think the Huffington Post reporters might stroke out at the rate they are going:
    • WHINY SPICER: BE NICER!
    • Trump Falsely Tells Hill Leaders Millions Of ‘Illegals’ Cost Him The Popular Vote
    • Sources: EPA Freezes Grants, Tells Employees Not To Talk About It
    • ROOM FULL OF MEN SCREWS WOMEN
    • Report: Trump Already Raging Within The White House
    I know they are ultra liberal but they need to save a little of that fire for when Trump actually launches the nukes.
    Also, the Dakota Access Pipeline is going ahead so more protesting for stuff we shouldn't have to protest for. And meanwhile, Flint is still without clean water. So yeah...priorities.:mad:

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm going to make a general announcement here instead of sending PMs to everyone. Because I've been out all afternoon and I've returned to several angry reports and conversations, which is usually a sign that things aren't going well.

People are being a bit too snippy in this thread. Okay, some people are being utter ***holes. I get that these are troubled times and that politics always get the worst of everyone. That said, do not insult each other. If you want everyone to know your immense wit, find a bar with an open mic night. But don't do it here, or you will get banned. If we have to ban the whole thread, hey, so be it. More time to argue superhero movies.

Remember: argue the point, not the poster. It's so easy.

So yeah, this counts as a general warning, so I hope you don't whine when I see you in the Unban Requests forum.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We obviously aren't going to agree with everything (or even most of what) Trump says or does, but I absolutely believe we need to save our energy for the big battles.

Constant outrage will just hide the moments that are truly outrageous, and make people appear like the boy who cried wolf. He's made some very questionable appointments and decisions during the transition, and of course still speaks like Trump, but I don't think we've really had our first "this is truly outrageous" moment yet. Like if he decides to deport the Dreamers who registered. Or goes ahead with a Muslim registry. Or gives in to cuts to Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid or Food Stamps or other social safety nets. Or if their ObamaCare replacement plan doesn't protect those with pre-existing conditions. Or begins imprisoning suspects without a trial again. Or repeals the Civil Rights Act. Or withdraws from the Geneva Conventions. Or makes some policy or takes some action for transparently petty, bullying reasons. Or if he decides to nuke an ISIS base in Syria simply to make a point.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Right. What's sad is that he has made normally outrageous moments normal and now we actually have to save our outrage for a true crisis. Actually that's not sad. That's terrifying.

9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I looked at the headline and can't even make myself read the article, not at the moment when I need to go to sleep anyway. Let's just say I'm containing my surprise.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's nothing new. It just says Trump was upset about how the media is always picking on him, now with the false rumor of him removing the MLK bust and also the inauguration size. Nothing new or "Joffrey" about it.

Like I just said above, let's try to limit the outrage to real outrage.

12. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

You seriously don't see how this is disturbing for a president?

I mean his attitude is similar to Nixon in 1973-74, and he is only 3 days in. He is getting upset about trivial stuff, so what happens when serious **** happens that doesn't paint him or his administration in a positive light?

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's nothing new. It just says Trump was upset about how the media is always picking on him, now with the false rumor of him removing the MLK bust and also the inauguration size. Nothing new or "Joffrey" about it.

Of course I don't like it. But he's Trump, this is the new normal. It's not a true outrage. If Trump decided to respond to this in another, more disturbing way, like ordering the national guard to shoot the protesters (like Kent State) , then it would be a true outrage. We need to conserve our energy for the big fights to come.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  15. Jester J Binks

Dec 19, 2016
    dp4m
    Isn't this just about blocking the merger, not a case about fines?

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The judge found they quit exchanges to blackmail the government into allowing the merger, and then lied about their reasons to investors. Not sure who would fine them and for what but it certainly seems like dirty behaviour.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I could easily see him ordering a BLM protest to be violently put down. He said before he admired how China handled the Tiananmen Square protests.

18. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Fixed that for Trump.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    this whole Trump being president has really gotten me depressed the past week or so.:( today seeing the Star Wars episode 8 title got me super excited but then this,
    [​IMG]
    just got me depressed again and sick to my stomach.:( I guess we are now The United States Of The USSR ...

20. Jester J Binks

Dec 19, 2016
    Leoluca Randisi
    This one is better
    [​IMG]
    What do you mean my hair is thin? Your hair is thin. Mine is like a thick lion's mane. See. I'm styling it as we speak..

heels1785 and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

they look so happy together don't they:p

sorry for the double post but my computer said it was having server problems made it hard to post and spit out a double post so I erased the bottom post.

Jester J Binks likes this.
  22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  23. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

That might be IT!

Putin is enamoured of the Donald cause he wants to find out his secret to "Great hair" [face_devil]

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Jester J Binks

Dec 19, 2016
  25. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Wrong topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.