main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Got it in one!

Desarae.Lindsey likes this.
  2. Desarae.Lindsey

Desarae.Lindsey Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2016
    In most states, since we do not have equal ballot access, we are a convention nominating party rather than primary nominations. We do use approval voting and include NOTA as an option. I *LOVE* it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rew likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  4. Desarae.Lindsey

Sep 18, 2016
    Rew Check out followmyvote.com - blockchain voting...

Rew likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What, convincing a nation of the virtues of faux-ideological selfishness?

Yes, I think saving them from making a breathtakingly stupid mistake that learns nothing from history is a wicked gesture. Communism was ace and awesome and didn't fail in 100% of attempted applications and if it did that was because they didn't have memes and the hope of millennials who basically invented idealism.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  6. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Nothing energizes a terrorist organisation more then when the political leadership of a target country announces/tweets (jesus **** this is actually thing) that any terrorist attack will have immediate and dire consequences for the policy of that country, particularly when the consequences are the alienation of a group which the terrorist organization wants to recruit. It's like telling an internet troll that any further trolling will result in the user being very upset and quitting their account.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    To be fair though, it's not like there's any body of experts studying radicalism in the US government, who could provide timely advice.

(Though Trump, being Peak America, wouldn't listen to the experts and their fancy book learnin', anyway).

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    post peak. 20 years post peak

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  9. Desarae.Lindsey

Sep 18, 2016
    Ender Sai I'm sorry, in what way is removing the boot of government from your head and allowing humans to flourish on their own, as we naturally would without a babysitter watching us all the time, selfish?

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The obvious answer is "because social contract."

11. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
    yes, he sells p1zza

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    This thread has gained about 400-500 pages since November!

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Milo is starting his own media venture. This will be interesting.

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    If you believe in current scientific theory, humans evolved as social animals in groups that self-regulated the behavior of their members, as seen in modern-day primates. If you ascribe to some alternative creation-based theory, then whatever said creator was was also able to monitor our actions. In either case, humanity has always "naturally" had a babysitter.

Alpha-Red, V-2, CT-867-5309 and 5 others like this.
  15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I'll check out that link--thanks!

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Out of curiosity, how many here believe the current political turmoil in the US is irreversible?

17. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    That would be a stupid belief to have. Nothing is irreversible.

Ghost and EHT like this.
  18. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Nonsense, plenty of things are irreversible.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That's incredibly naive. History is littered with political system, that, in end collapsed because it reached the point of no return.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think libertarians have some good ideas in that they are generally anti-corporatist and anti-preemptive war, and they certainly have demonstrated themselves to be proponents of ridding themselves of the ridiculous theocratic and "anti-drug" interventions. When Gary Johnson was Governor of New Mexico, he eliminated the "no alcohol purchase on Sundays" law because "it's stupid." Which is really the only reason you need for that one.

But I also am not a fan of the idea of most currently existing government funded services going private, including my own government-funded job. Private industry is far too focused on making a profit and many types of work are best done without a profit in mind.

Alpha-Red, Darth Nerdling and Rew like this.
  21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Most libertarians have zero understanding of the word. Similar to anarchists.

22. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I don't trust real hardline libertarians. They seem like normalized anarchists. I was listening to a Gary Johnson speech when he was campaigning, and he was actually booed for being pro driver licensing.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Even Ayn Rand accepted some form of government and welfare for the most vulnerable members of society. Some 'libertarians' seem to forget that.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I hate to keep posting this dude. But this is his disingenuous resignation. He plays a victim card, and it could have made him a sympathetic person but he then of course take lil shots at the media and what not, and he makes this comment about it being his decision to leave when in fact people at Breitbart threatened to quit if he stayed, then calls it a media witch hunt. And of course claims to be a warrior for free speech to hide behind.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The guy is an actor. Plays the role of the villain for commercial reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.