main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The UK FF convention/meetup planner

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Commander Antilles, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I'm up for it, and so is Ramesh. LV can't make it, and nor can Wordy. Who else?

2. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Mark, I just went up Sheffield to visit a couple of friends. We managed to spend an afternoon at the Crucible which was kind of cool as I've never seen live snooker before.

I'm really sorry guys but I won't be able to make the Fan Force meetup on the 19th. :(
    I think as some of you know I was hoping to get a cheap flight ticket to visit a friend in the US and I have managed to do that, but the problem is I won't return until the Monday after that weekend. Many humble sorries. I hope there are enough of you to do this regardless as I think it would be cool to make this a regular event.

Also, I'm free this weekend if Derek is still organising his do.

3. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Hi Ramesh, some news you've been waiting for... the pics from recent meet-ups should be posted on my web site later today!!:)

I'll be updating them sometime this afternoon and posting a thread over here.

Also, contrary to what I said earlier in this post, the meet-up in London is still on for anyone interested. We're meeting at London Waterloo Station under the clock on the main station concourse.

We'll be meeting at 1pm and the intention is to go bowling, if there is enough of us!

I'll still be arranging the meet-up on the 19th as well, so look forward to seeing some of you guys for that as well.

4. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    When and where for the 19th? Might be free! :)

5. Wordy

Wordy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2001
    Don't fink I can make the 19th Weekend, soz, probs be home with the PG's.

Hope to be able to drag into "school disco" in early June though! ha ha ha.
    Otherwise it'll be detention for you, sunny!

Q: Why did Daniella Westbrook like detention at school so much?
    A: 'Cause she always got a hundred lines! :)

6. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    LOL @ Derek

Mark, that's good news about the pic. When you get a second, can you post the full URL path here so that others can see the damage. :)

Ok so we're meeting *this* Sunday at 1:00pm?! If so, I'm up for it... as long as we can go to the pub afterwards. :)

Seriously, thanks for organising it Mark. Hope we get a good turn out.

Hmm.. I'm also very tempted to go out on the piss on Saturday with Derek. [face_mischief]

7. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Ramesh, I have to warn you that the numbers for Sunday don't look good at the moment, probably no more than 3 or 4 but I am still up for it and going anyway and yes we'll definitely be going to the pub! :)

The pics are on-line now. The full URL for those of you who want to see them is: http://www.deltasourceonline.co.uk/gallery.htm

Apologies for the quality of the pics :( I am hoping to get some better scans put on in due course.

Mayhem UK, the meet-up on the 19th will be in central London. Not sure exactly where yet but details will follow in due course.

8. Wordy

Mar 6, 2001
    my my my, what a bunch of rogues we look. Hurrah!

Cheers m8ee!

9. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    woohoooooooo!! @spelling my name right!!!

10. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Hmmmm....where am I in the Cheshunt pics?

11. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Does anybody know that guy in the picture with Gary Kurtz? The one stood on the right of Gary as you look at the pic? I haven't a clue who he is and its bugging me!!!

Yes, where were you CA?! You must have been elsewhere, avoiding having your photo with the rest of us. ;)

12. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Well, no one told me to join in. :p

13. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Nice one, Mark! I finally get to see what Scott, Ramesh, Leona and Derek look like. I'm taking it that the two Jamies, Jason, Tim, Jane and Heidi must be from Moons of Yavin or paret of Delta Source or something, right?

LOL that you don't know who the guy on the end of that picture is. You should send it to FHM, they have a feature every month where readers send in photos that they have taken that also include people who they don't know, much like that one. :) They'll pay you for it, like £20 or something.

14. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Look at wee Ttocs!!! I hope they weren't corrupting you!

(just had a look at the photies ya buncha bevvie merchants!)

15. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    LOL Cass, I know, Scott looks well different to how I imagined him. :)

16. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    He's a wee sweetie. What is he - 13?

17. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    Yeah.

18. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Oh my, would you just look at all that beer. Mmmmm! Yes indeedy, that was a good day out in March. :)

I know what you guys mean about Scott. I couldn't believe it either until I saw that picture. So Matt, its just you now who remains a mystery. :)

Despite the diminished quality, I think the picture came out well. I'll have to remember not to wear the same clothes again for this weekend's meet-up. Oh and what's happened to Heidi? She posted here for a while then disappeared, is anyone still in contact with her?

Mark, don't worry if there wont be a big turn out on Sunday, I'm still up for it and hopefully a few others will decide at the last minute. In case I don't get to post again before then, I'll meet you and anyone else under the clock at Waterloo station at 1:00pm. You have my mobile number, so give us a ring if there's a last minute change of plan, otherwise see you there. :)

19. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Hi Ramesh,

Yep everything is still on for Sunday and I'll see you there!

Okay Bash, a run down of the people in the Cheshunt pic:

Jamie Richards (btw, no relation to me!) is one of the artists for Delta Source, Jamie Spracklen and Jane are members of the Moons of Yavin, Heidi posted here for a while, Tim is also a contributor to Delta Source and MOY and Jason is the famous Jason Joiner.

Yeah, that might be an idea - sending the picture to FHM :) I am sure someone must know who that guy is though!! I think Leona might...

I am not sure what has happened to Heidi, I'll drop her a line on the e-mail and see what's up.

Anyone else who wants to join us tomorrow is more than welcome to come along - meeting at 1pm at Waterloo!

I am sure there could be more pictures to follow :)

20. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    19th, central London? Yeah I can make that pretty sure, seeing as I live on the outskirts. Whenever "we" decide where and what to do, then let me know ;)

21. PowerdroidGirl

PowerdroidGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2000
    Mark, the guy at the end is my pal 'Loner' from the UK contingent who went to the States for TPM.

22. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Leona, thanks for clarifying that - I knew somebody must know him! :)

Anyway, thanks to everyone who came along yesterday for our meet-up in London. Full details later...

23. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    My thanks to everyone who came along to the meet-up yesterday in London ? it was great fun :) As a change we went bowling and had a good laugh showing our dazzling lack of skill!

Anyhow, the two teams were in Team 1 ? Paul, Tim and Sharon and Team 2 ? Jane, Mark, Ramesh and Derek. After getting off to a faltering start, we all improved and achieved some reasonable scores. Winner of Team 1 was Tim who got 204, Team 2?s winner was Ramesh who scored 217. Ramesh was also the overall winner but well done to everyone :)

After the bowling and a quick few rounds on the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade machine, it was onto our favourite haunt, The Moon Under Water :) A fun and very loud evening followed and I am quite surpised that we didn't get thrown out a couple of times!! Can't wait to see the photos, which will show just how wild we were :)

The next meet-up I am planning in London will be to see The Mummy Returns on Saturday 18th May. Everyone from the FanForce boards is welcome to come along and the venue will again be London.

As The Mummy Returns is likely to be a popular film (it already has the biggest opening weekend ever in the States!), I?ll be buying tickets for the day in advance. Therefore, I will need to have definite numbers confirmed by the end of this week ? Friday 11 May. Anyone who wants to take their chance and turn up on the day can but I don?t think you could guarantee getting a ticket.

We?ll be meeting at 12noon at London Waterloo. Usual place ?underneath the clock in the centre of the main station concourse (opposite Platform 11, I think!)

These meet-ups are always fun and a good opportunity to get to meet other like-minded Star Wars fans and have a laugh.

Hope to see at least some of you there :)

24. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Nice one Mark, thanks for organising another cool event. And honestly I hadn't been bowling for many years. :)

I fly out to Miami on Thursday, so I hope you guys have a good time seeing the Mummy Returns, I'm sure you will.

25. Wordy

Mar 6, 2001
    isn't he modest!?
    I have never seen such big pink balls delivered so well. (fnar fnar fnar)

he he, enjoy the US, Ram!

Anyways, top meet up, Mark! Fanx mucho. I was still mega-hyper from the night before with the liv4now.com people, so sorry for being a bit OTT. :) Fun time was had by all, I hope!

Dont forget ppl, schooldisco on 9th June! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.