main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The UK FF convention/meetup planner

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Commander Antilles, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kii

Kii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    memorabilia is always cool

I was at the Ray Park one. I skipped to the front of the que <looks guilty>

2. Ttocs

Ttocs Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2000
    was that the one at sandown?...

3. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    The prices they charge for autographs are a bloody ripoff. Ray Park should be hung upside down with a large spiked object up his backside.

4. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    The Honiton one is a defo for me! That looks cool!

Uhh...looked at the NEC site and it had NO information whatsoever...who will be there? What guests they got?
    Who from here would be going?

5. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    When's the Honiton one?

6. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Honiton one is something like the 3rd of March...

7. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    NEC is a collector's fair, Poods. For all sorts of sci-fi.
    The only SW guy that the last NEC had was some guy who had a half second shot as a pilot in the ANH briefing room :rolleyes:
    They did have John Challis, Kenneth MacDonald and Roger Lloyd Pack though.

8. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Sod that...I'll go to the Honiton one instead! Sorry...SW is the only interest I have and general Sci-Fi, whilst being my fave genre, wouldn't hold much interest for me in just general memorabilia and collecting...

Besides, I like the guestlist for the Honiton one!

9. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    hey, i was chillin out on the 1st day off on Xmas hol's when my mum phones saying she got me the honiton tickets =-)

10. Mandrell

Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2000
    Well the NEC one sounds good to me, if as CA said it covers other popular sci-fi genres as well as SW...CA since you have been before can you remember if there were any vendors specifically targeting the anime/manga fan?

11. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Hi Poodu,

To answer your earlier question, I will definitely be going to the NEC in March. And I will also be at Cheshunt for Empire Day Star Wars con on 4th March. Would like to do Honiton but too far from me to do in a day.

I am sure that it will be good - I remember looking at their website before and it looks very well organised. Should be fun!

Let us know if it is!

12. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Y'know...maybe I'm being a big cynic but once you've been to one Memorabilia thang...you've been to them all...!

13. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I don't remember seeing any, Mandrell, but I wasn't looking. It's probable though. They had Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Battle of the Planets, etc etc...

NEC also has excellent deals if you look around. I got the very new POTJ old Obi-Wan and Dagobah Vader for £10 each, plus R2 with holo Leia for £10, which I've never seen elsewhere for less than £20.

14. Mandrell

Feb 1, 2000
    That's okay, there might be some anime stuff there it's a case of if your not looking for it then it'll just pass you by.

I expect to pick up some decent SW stuff though, I've been looking for the new POTJ Tuskan Raider sniper everywhere but with little success?that's without mentioning the near impossible to obtain 12" Biker Scout?hopefully those items will no longer elude me come next March?

15. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I thought the POTJ Tuskens were pretty common, actually. Try www.toy-palace.com. They're a German site but they should have the Tusken at a reasonable price.

16. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    I was thinking its about time that we started getting ourselves organised if we are going to do a meet-up for Memorabilia. Doing it now gives people plenty of time to organise themselves and make travel arrangements, etc.

CA, do you think we should get a post on the FF main events page and how do we go about doing this?

Also, anyone going to be near or live close to Reading? There's a sci-fi fair on 11th Feb and yours truly and Delta Source will be there! Be great to meet some of you guys, if anyone is within the area...

17. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Yep, we ought to start getting this together.
    The current list is as follows:

NEC:
    CA
    Turr Phennir/Delta Source?
    Mandrell

Empire Day:
    CA
    Turr Phennir/Delta Source
    Powerdroidgirl?

Honiton:
    Poodu
    Lejmar Faldor

A question mark next to your name means I'm not sure if you're going to these. Can you confirm if you are?

If I missed anyone, or you want to be added to the list for any of these, just let me know, and I'll add you in.
    Perhaps you could let us know how many people are planning on coming from Delta Source, Phennir?
    I've also posted on another UK site, The Private Universe, to see if anyone there is interested in going to any of these events.

BTW, judging from the thread I posted in FanForce Communications, it looks like the only way we'll get a Rep is to vote for them in person. Perhaps we could organise that at the meetups?
    Putting notice of the meetups on the FF main page would be a step towards achieving this too.

18. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Thanks Wedge, I think you can add Bash to the list for the NEC.

Yep, I'll definitely be inviting people along from Delta Source and I am sure some of the Moons of Yavin will be there as well. Same applies for Empire Day on 4th March as well.

Should we get these events posted on the FF now? We already have three or more people going to at least two events. We only need one more with similar number to get our own chapter name, don't we?

19. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Yeah, and perhaps we could organise a vote on our Rep for when we meet up.

20. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    You can definitely add my name to the list for the NEC, Wedge.

21. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    Looks like no-one else is interested...

22. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    See you there, Bash! :)

23. Mandrell

Feb 1, 2000
    Does anyone have a decent digi cam? If so I had an idea to run a report about the convention trip on my site, I'll give full credits to whomever provides the use of a cam, of course you'll have to e-mail me the jpgs.

If anyone is interested let me know.

24. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    I don't even have a normal camera, let alone a digital one. :(

25. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    Mandrell, i have a normal cam and a scanner and I'll take some pics at the Star wars day 5 i can Email you some most likerly!!

(see what i did there i said i may but said it like i said i would MWHAHAAHHAHA FOOLS! ooops was that out loud??)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.