main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The UK FF convention/meetup planner

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Commander Antilles, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Are those eyebrows as scary in real life? ;)

And I was joking about throwing up in your toilet - I'll miss and get it all over the floor :D Joke

2. Fungi

Fungi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 1999
    Sounds like you lot are going to be busy this weekend!

3. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    LOL CA, yeah, I remember those pictures... ewwwwwwwww

Anna...we're talking about THE weekend at chez me and Jon...not THIS weekend coming...

...and as far as I was aware...you were coming to the Spelling B...so maybe it'll be YOU throwing up after too many Pepsi Max's!!!

heh

4. Fungi

Mar 25, 1999
    I know that Casshie, but I thought they were talking about going to Birmingham! Have you decided what weekend yet?

5. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    I know what some of you guys mean about meeting up. I say the same as PowerdroidGirl, if it would make you happier to have my contact details, I'd be happy to send them :)

We always meet together in groups so there is never a danger of just meeting one person! Besides its nicer to be with other ppl as you guys have said. And of course friends and partners are welcome too :)

And PowerdroidGirl I am only slightly younger than you!

6. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Cass, why have you named this weekend and you and Jon's place the Spelling B anyway? ?[face_plain]

7. PowerdroidGirl

PowerdroidGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2000
    Younger's younger when your feeling your age ;-)

8. PowerdroidGirl

Nov 28, 2000
    Just to confirm, Me and ex-manslave will be seeing you guys at 3pm at the entrance to a cafe/retaurant place that should be inside the actual Memorabilia event.

9. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Hey Matt

Dunno why I called it our Spelling B. Just a silly name I suppose. We were pissed when we thought about it at first ;)

Anna, we decided Sat 30 June - Sun 1 July but since you're coming over from Eire you could come on the Friday night if you want. Andy's coming down from Aberdeen on the Friday. And maybe Jim will come over from Belfast on the Friday too...dunno...

10. Fungi

Mar 25, 1999
    okay thanks Caroline, I'll start looking around.

11. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    PowerdroidGirl, that is fine for me on Saturday. Look forward to seeing you there :)

12. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Hey guys, great to see CA and PowerdroidGirl yesterday at Memorabilia. Had a great time and came away with my wallet considerably lighter but happy with the purchases that I had made!

Shame you didn't make it yesterday Bash. Hope you had a great time there today and let us know what you thought.

And don't forget, the UK FF Cinema Meet-up is on for this coming Saturday, 24th March. All those interested please post here or e-mail me.

Pleeeeeaasssse!

btw, that was my pathetic attempt at an appeal :p

13. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Glad to hear you had fun yesterday Mark.

I should be able to make the London fest next weekend. I'll e-mail you during the week to get more details.

14. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    Memorabilia was brilliant! Best one I've been too, and the busiest! Spent too much money though :( and forgot all about it being Mother's Day this weekend. I've got to act fast to get some money together...

Jeremy Bulloch was great, willing to have a moderatley long conversation with every fan who met him and a lot posher than I imagined. :) Alan Ruscoe was cool too. He was a nice suprise as he wasn't advertised as being a guest.

Everything was really really really cheap as well! I got POTJ IG-88 for a fiver! The new 300th Boba Fett for a tenner! Wow! All POTJ figures were £6 on most of the stalls. It was great!

See you guys there in November! :)

15. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Yeah, Memorabilia was cool!
    I got the Coruscant Guard for £6 and the Mynock Hunt for £15. Apparently redpumpkin.com have a deal with Hasbro UK so they can offer stuff really cheaply!

16. Harv

Harv Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    Wotcha all. Hope you don't mind the intrusion.

I used to post on the FF boards quite a bit, then went into a job where web access was completely pants.

Anyway, is there a 'club' or group I could join to hang out with other fans? I'm 28, been a fan since I was 7 (1977 funnily enough), and wanna meet like-minded people (although my wife would argue that there's no-one with a mind quite like mine :)

If this is considered OT, apologies.

17. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    CA, Red Pumpkin are brilliant! They truly are the collector's friend! I can't believe their prices! They were friendly guys as well, I'm definitely going to do some more service with them. Dave Ross' Star Toys is a great service, but Red Pumpkin is cheaper, and that's the important thing!

Harv, welcome! Are you British? If so, I'm sure you'd be welcome to any of the meet ups and events that we here at the UK FF hold. Feel free to come and join us in one of our chat sessions (see the Chat thread for details.)

18. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I agree with Bash, anywhere here that offers the absolute latest figures for £6 gets my vote!

Harv, where do you live? If you talk to Turr Phennir, he runs a club in the SouthEast that meets up regularly for cinema trips, pub crawls, etc etc.

19. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Hello Harv, welcome to the FF! As CA says, I do run a fanzine and we do have a sort of club atmosphere as well. Although predominately South based, we do meet-ups all over the place :)

If you'd like some details, just drop me an e-mail or visit the web site - see my profile.

Hey Matt, glad to hear that you had a good time at Memorabilia. Shame that you couldn't come down on the Saturday :(

I am surprised that Alan Ruscoe was there on the Sunday. I would have like to have got his signature. And you thought Jeremy Bulloch was posh?!!

I bet you didn't ask him about "Can You Keep It Up For a Week?" :p PowerdroidGirl found a copy of the said video on sale on the Saturday. You really must see it - it is so terrible ;)

20. PowerdroidGirl

Nov 28, 2000
    "Can You Keep It Up For A Week" Is NOT BAD!!! It's Art! :p

I was so tempted to get it & get him to sign another copy of it...

It was great seeing you folks there, I actually didn't buy much - mostly Magazines for 50p, and a Babylon 5 Painting for my Mum's mothers day pressie - luckily she's a sci-fi fan too.

I won't be at the cinema meet up for definite, I don't fancy seeing "Enemy at the Gates" that much but I'm sure you'll have fun.

21. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    Yeah, Jeremy was posh, not that there is anything wrong with that. :) He just had a rather posh accent.

Was Alan Ruscoe not there on Saturday?

22. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Welcome to the madhouse Harv.

How could you have been 7 in 1977 and only be 28!!!

I was 7 in 1977 and I'm 31!!!

Are you lying about your age? ;)

heh heh

23. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Alan Ruscoe was not there on Saturday, Bash :( Jeremy Bulloch was the only SW guest they had there - on previous occasions they've had 3 or 4 so that was a little disappointing.

Glad that you had a good time though.

24. PowerdroidGirl

Nov 28, 2000
    AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!

How many times must I tell people that SHANE RIMMER was in Star Wars :D

Which makes two SW Guests there on Saturday :)

I mean for a combined SW & Thunderbirds fan like myself - thats a big deal.

25. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    //whispering quietly to the chap next to me...
    Who the hell's Shane Rimmer? [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.