main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The UK FF Recommends...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Poodu, May 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    As I said before vinyl rules...

and now we have gone full circle...and I've had the last word... ;)

2. JediGittes

JediGittes Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Righty-ho.....I is off the chaps! Have a nice one....to any Americans that come here now: Have a good day at work! Mwahahahahaha!

Ta-ta.

3. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    Me too! Cheers all! Great debate! I has won the auction at the desired price and I gotta call my potential new girl tonight! So I is off, spekkin to yous all tomorrow!

4. kephy

kephy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2000
    I agree, good vinyl does sound better than ANY cd.

5. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    My dear....all vinyl is good ;)

6. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Hey, what happened to that Italian nympho, Sam? ;)

7. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    She very hard to get hold of...literally! ;)

I'm moving on to greener pastures now.. met a lovely young lady called Bina on Friday, calling her tonight, buying her lunch on Thursday and we is going out on Saturday! Wish me luck, cos she's a blinder!

8. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    You told me your not allowed the poster on the wall coz it's too raunchy ;)

9. kephy

May 14, 2000
    By "good" I mean vinyl that isn't so caked with dust that it is rendered useless...... ie. my Commitments record.

10. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Give it a clean with duster and some recomended cleaner...comes up all spick and spam...

I spent about 9 hours cleaning records once...and hey it was worth it...

11. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    What did I say about handling vinyl with velvet gloves? You don't have to ponce around cleaning CDs! :p

12. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    I'm intrigued about vinyl... how much better are they than CDs, and how can I expect to pay for a good system?

I wanna invest in something, so it's gonna be either an amp and speakers or that

13. kephy

May 14, 2000
    Poodu,

I recommend you do not bid on that DVD player again until the very end of the auction. Otherwise the chances of someone else bidding after you are very high, and it only serves to up the entire bidding price.

Wait until about 30 seconds til the end of the auction then bid high, and you will win and still only have to pay the minimum.

Works everytime.

14. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Unless there is someone else doing that <curses the fecker that did that when he was wanting all those lovely Marvel SW comics :mad:>

15. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    To Arun... I changed over the DVD player to RGB. Nothing changed. Then I twigged that although I have a dual Scart TV, only one of the ports is RGB compatible. Typical. I have that one used by my N64 at the moment. Upon swopping the ports over, it worked and I got colour out of it :)

Now I just need a new TV with dual RGB Scart ports!

16. kephy

May 14, 2000
    Gav, that's why I said "bid high." There's always the chance someone else is waiting until the last second, so you try to bid higher than you think they would.

You could bid $100 more and still only have to pay $1 more than the last guy.

(Of course, you still shouldn't bid too much over what you'd be willing to pay anyways, if you consider the other guy might be bidding high as well)

17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I've read this thread all the way through and couldn't find a mention of one of the reasons why DVD will always surpass VHS and that's 5.1 sound playback.

18. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    You read the whole thing?

Jeez....maybe I know these people too well.

See, without reading...

Arun was all snobby, claiming classic is best but does like his new fangled dvd quality picture. Still...continues to insist that the old way is better.

Poods is all gung ho over new technology.

The rest fall somewhere in the middle.

Oh, Kephy's bored.

19. _fuschia_

_fuschia_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2001
    I haven't read all the posts but I thought I'd put my two pennyworth in anyway. I love my DVD-rom. If you want to buy Asian films, buy from Hong Kong, not America. I got Wong Kar-Wai's 'In the Mood for Love' four months before it was released here, and it arrived within a week, but I ordered 'Fallen Angels' from America and it took aaaaaaaaages.

I saw 'Pitch Black' the other night. It was PANTS.

20. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    kephy - yeah.. I know about the bidding thing... done that for a car CD changer for my mate... ended up in a last minute bidding war with this guy and he beat me... git! But I won this auction and I should be getting it by this time next week! yay!

Wormie - gung ho? Nah nah nah! That was your fella... I was kinda sitting on the fence meself.. doing my old argue for both sides thang!

21. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Wait till the last ten seconds before bidding, Sam.
    You can laugh at anyone else, and it's a good buzz clicking refresh to see if you've been outbid until it finishes. Make sure you have a second bid ready go in if they do outbid you by some chance. I bid in the last 20 seconds of one auction, had someone outbid me with about 6 seconds left, and because I had a last ditch bid ready, I was able to snatch it back from them literally right in the very last second. Mwahahahahaha!!! [face_laugh]

22. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Watched Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai last night... good film! Then watched Fight Club again... that good too!

23. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    We watched Theres Something About Mary so Jon could drool over Cameron Diaz

24. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    I don't actually like Cameron Diaz that much... TSAM is a funny film though! Spoilt for choice in Sky lately though... loads of films I wanna watch!

25. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Jon's face lights up when she's on the screen - especially the semi-naked shots

I didnt even drool once! Mind you, in that movie there is nothing worth drooling over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.