main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The UK Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 6, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately that hostility tends to boil up every time we have one of these incidents if the terrorist is Muslim.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    STARBOB, I'd chastise you for using a terrible situation relayed by a member of these boards who has had an extremely difficult week to score "see, I was right" points on a message board - but I am confident that Ender's response will be better than anything I can put together.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, go do one Bob.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    yeah but IT'S OK for Ender to use this terrible situation to score "see America is garbage" points.

Removed. Do not flame other users.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, now yeah, but go back 20-30 years and swap Muslim for Irish and it was likely the same. Every time there's an event like this, the Moron Cockwombles turn up.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    STARBOB, I would congratulate you for missing the point but I'm afraid at this point it would be akin to bullying.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Bob to explain:

The British Security Services and Police are very good at their job. They're not engaged fascists or generally incompetent cowboys, which is a point of differentiation worth considering. They didn't want the name of the bomber released.
    America, for reasons that oscilate between unprofessionalism and bigtory, had other ideas as one person charged with the information that i know from actual first hand experience is Top Secret (and in the actual, not Hollywood, sense), blabbed the name.

Nobody had a right to know the name, nor a need to know. It seems largely intended for a self-interested, arrogant audience who only really actually care about themselves - your domestic one. To reinforce the "need" for Trump's ban. To keep Americans in their default position, scared (home of the brave? el oh el). To rattle the cage of contentment.

This had one major effect; it countered the lone wolf narrative by telegraphing the Security apparatus' ability to identify and therefore investigate the bomber and his friends/possible associates. It meant if there was a plan for wider attacks, its delivery timetable would have to be stepped up to avoid the authorities.

In short, the reckless, arrogant, typical stupidity of your government put more Brits at risk and why? So stupid American conservatives can pander to stupid American conservative fear and bigotry.

Am I scoring points? No. I'm just highlighting how you're literally, as a nation, a cancer to us all.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    My friend won't go to the police to report the abuse, she is too scared. But, I've contacted her Mosque to get them to look out for her and ensure safety. Don't want any lunatic to hurt her.

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Horrible to hear you friend is getting a hard time from people too stupid to realise that is what organisations like Isis want - to inflame racial tensions and to radicalise as much of the general population as possible. The thing is, there will always be thugs and bullies who are just looking for an excuse to be nasty to someone.

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    And now we have a second leak from the US and a diplomatic incident under-way;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40040210

Why on Earth is America behaving like this? They really do seem to be deliberately trying to undermine the UK and it's investigation.

Time to get tough and tell the US in no uncertain terms that our security services will withdraw all co-operation and sharing information with the US is they don't start behaving as you would expect a "friend" to behave.

We can't have an outside country interfering and undermining the investigation like this...

anakinfansince1983 , Rew and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    From that linked BBC article: Theresa May is to raise concerns with Donald Trump at a Nato meeting later. Something tells me that approach isn't going to produce the desired results.

Could we be seeing a pattern emerge in terms of less cooperation and information sharing?

12. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Hey--we are America and we can do whatever we want because we are the land of the freaks and the home of the **** everyone else but us.

For real, I am not sure what the point of leaking that information is unless Fox News is doing their 24-hour Islamophobinuts propos. I don't watch Fox News. But I definitely don't want to be the conspiracy theory guy and think that it really does boil down to running anti-muslim, anti-immigration coverage.

Sent from Hell--depending on whether or not it exists.

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It's probably just a greedy guy in US law enforcement rather than a deliberate political move. Stupid, though. I guess the fact that Trump doesn't seem to mind is taken as tacit approval - he really needs to condemn this information leak.

Everyone should be pulling together, not fighting amongst ourselves.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    DanielUK - can she call Crimestoppers or another anonymous helpline? Or she could report it here.

Jedi Ben and heels1785 like this.
  15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's because Americans need to feel scared and sod the rest of the world, they matter most.

I mean, in other words, they're being Americans. It's no surprise.

G-FETT likes this.
  16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well we're the one's that have been attacked. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's not all about America...

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah some pious Amerigit was telling Pete - aka yeurgh - on Facebook how he prays Pete would never be affected by a terrorist attack. America, which doesn't call white people terrorism terrorism, and has no history like the IRA or the AD/Baader Meinhoff history of Europe.

Their heads can't be any further up their arses if they tried. And they do.

DanielUK, redxavier and G-FETT like this.
  18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Not releasing the name of a terrorist is excellent policy, it should be adopted the world over. Those US officials should be chastised for leaking it.

19. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Timothy McVeigh was called a terrorist plenty of times for the Oklahoma bombing. I guess MR.KNOW-IT-ALL doesn't know it all after all. Or maybe you do know he is called that but chose to ignore it because it doesn't fit the narrative of your agenda.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  20. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Why has the US suddenly gone all amateur hour regarding leaks etc? Like, I get that Donald Trump is an incompetent muppet, but him being President can't be the sole reason here surely?

21. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Fixed for point-missing Starby

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    So if a white skin Swedish or Russian guy wore a suicide vest and blew himself up killing over 20 people at a concert here in America, You think he wouldn't be called a terrorist by America. Is that what your trying to sell here?

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    CLIVEN AND AMMON BUNDY.

SuperWatto likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I've passed on the numbers to her. Thank you.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    NHS England has told 27 major trauma centres to prepare staff for a potential terrorist attack across the Bank Holiday weekend.