main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The UK Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The problem with playing the “Devil’s Advocate” is that the devil is often wrong.

Alpha-Red, Chewgumma, FatBurt and 3 others like this.
  2. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    Its still always good to examine all sides of a argument. Otherwise you get one sided and biased views.

If your view is correct and right then it will withstand scrutiny.

3. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    What I mean to say is that there is nothing to “examine” here. Certainly not over the course of several posts as you have.

You aren’t really raising any novel or interesting point about Trump’s policy. You are just mounting a terrible rearguard defense while cynically attacking the racism of other historical figures rather than find actual arguments against an unrelated policy.

That’s lazy and tiresome.

4. crazyewok

Oct 27, 2017
    What the hell?

This is British politics! How the hell is trump anything to do with this or even churchhill! Keep the Orange ompa lumpa in his corrcet thread! The US forum!

Christ his ego big enough as it is without infecting the UK thread!

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    So er.. Sir Christopher Chope.... Daily mail reader?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chewgumma likes this.
  6. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

I can meme too.

7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    My discussion of Donald Trump's racism is less off topic than your invocation of Churchill's racism. What does that have to do with a discussion about foreign policy and the relationship between Europe and the UK?

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The arguments against Brexit were all laid out before the vote, but Leave wouldn't take no for an answer and did the Donald Trump thing and just went out to impugn and smear everyone who said it was a bad idea. I'm sorry, but the merits of this issue were with Remain...if anyone was one-sided and biased it was Leave.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Problem is they were more convincing.

The Remain side had a poor campaign, minimal effort & lacked the passion that the Leave side had (regardless of how false many claims they made were).
    Corbyn pretending he was Remain didn't stick, because he obviously wasn't.

Also, the Irish Border problem didn't get a mention as far as I recall. That should have been pushed as hard as the £350million NHS bus thing was.
    Remain assumed they would win easily, so they were lazy

Chewgumma, Jedi Ben and Mar17swgirl like this.
  10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Which is exactly the same problem we have with the Democrats over here.

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It's an insult we don't allow cannabis for medical use.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can't say I disagree given all the publicity around the case. As long as it's properly regulated and prescribed I don't have a problem with it.

14. crazyewok

Oct 27, 2017
    So everyone that voted Brexit is a bigot, racist or stupid......?

15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

No

Not everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist or bigot but all Racists and Bigots voted for it (stupid goes both ways)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I personally think drug use should be legal, so long as it's controlled well.
    What people choose to put in their body is their choice, so long as they're not hurting anyone.
    The black market creates far more problems with addicts & drug related deaths (due to the stuff put in illegal street drugs) than the Pharmaceutical companies & health service would.

Cannabis can be less harmful than legal stuff like Cigarettes & alcohol, makes no sense for it to be illegal

Rew likes this.
  17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    agreed. I actually agree with Richie a little in that cannabis should be legalised and taxed and run on a par with cigarettes/alcohol (not fussed which) if legislated the more harmful strains would only be found on the black market still but as your typical everyday user would be getting from a legal source the chances of them being exposed to a stronger strain or any other drug is drastically reduced.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    i know a guy near me, who has long chronic pain in his legs (in a wheelchair), and dealers from London give him a 50% discount and free extra - if the pain is bad. Thanks to the government and its silly laws, this poor old chap uses the services of drug dealers.

19. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Cannibis has been very effective in pain relief for many , we're definitly lagging behind in this matter .

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    No more so than the US.

21. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    but you can get medicinal cannibis in many states there yes ? you can't get it anywhere in the UK

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    But federal law prohibts it, even in medical cases. And because of it's current classification, scientists here can't even so much as study it to determine it's medical effects. and that's not likely to change under Trump and his ilk anytime soon.

23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    They're sometimes poor and poorly educated too.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm sure he isn't the only one.

25. crazyewok

Oct 27, 2017
    Inteesting fact, Theresa May husband owns shared in medical cannbis plus the UK exports more in medical cannabis than any other country.

Funny how it' licenced for company' to grow and export here but not to prescribe.

I think a big money play is going on.
    They are deliberately constricting the market and driving up demand in publicity.
    In a months or two our "merciful" and "benevolent" governmnt will demcimlize it causing a massive spike in share prices overnight creating billions for the politician's and there buddies that knew in advance.