main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Ultimate Betrayal JA/AU Author's note 6/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Replies will be with upcoming post. It is a long chapter and I am in the process of proofing it now. Hopefully it will be up soon--I hope that it will be well worth your wait! Thanks again for your patience. Sorry it is taking so long, but DRL just won't leave me alone this week!

2. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: You better hold tight to your Teddy Qui! Thanks for reading--hope this is well worth the wait.

Jedi_Knight150: Now what gives you that idea? ;)

Well, this is it. The last part of my first Star Wars fan fic. Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement. I hope this chapter will be well worth the wait. Don't worry--the sequel is in the early stages of being written. Thank you all again for reading this story!

Part 25:

Qui-Gon stood by Obi-Wan?s side, noting to himself how much that the boy had changed. Of course, he wasn?t a boy anymore?he was well on his way to becoming a man. It seemed to Qui-Gon that through this whole ordeal, Obi-Wan had learned some very hard lessons about life. But Obi-Wan had not dwelled on his mistakes; he had moved past them, just as a Jedi should. It was hard to believe that sooner than later his padawan would be a Jedi and Qui-Gon had no doubt Obi-Wan would be a great Jedi. No one had worked harder to earn the right to be a Jedi than Obi-Wan. He had overcome so many obstacles; things that would have discouraged most from even trying. The biggest obstacle had been Qui-Gon himself and his refusal to let anyone into his heart.

Qui-Gon was slightly startled when he realized that Obi-Wan was staring up at him with those eyes. Those eyes that could say more than words ever could; those eyes that changed to enhance Obi-Wan?s particular mood; those eyes that one could find themselves hopelessly lost in forever. ?Master? Are you all right?? Obi-Wan asked in his soft cultured voice.

?Yes, padawan. I?m sorry if my attention drifted for a moment. I was just?thinking.? Qui-Gon replied.

?Are you sure??

Qui-Gon smiled at his apprentice and nodded. Another thing about Obi-Wan?s eyes was that he could often see right through his master. ?I was just thinking about how much you?ve changed?how much you?ve grown. I guess I was just realizing that it won?t be long before you leave my side.?

Obi-Wan returned his smile, ?Master, I assure you that I still have quite a bit to learn. I hope you know that even after I become a knight, I will still stand by your side.?

Before Qui-Gon could reply, Afina entered the room followed by Master TinMar. She glanced at Obi-Wan?s vitals as she spoke. ?How are you feeling Obi-Wan??

?Fine. I am kind of anxious to see what happened with my count after this last injection.? Obi-Wan had received two more injections since the initial one. His count had increased a total of thirteen percent after just the first two. They had drawn some more blood earlier this morning to see how much his count had increased after the last one and he was excited about the results.

?Well, you will be happy to know that your count had increased twenty-five percent.? TinMar proudly said.

Obi-Wan?s face lit up as TinMar told Obi-Wan the news. Obi-Wan turned to his master, unable to contain his excitement. ?Master, did you hear that? Twenty-five percent! I never thought it was possible, I mean??

Qui-Gon placed a calming hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. He did not want to dampen his spirits, but he also did not want to allow the boy?s hopes to be raised only to be crushed. ?I?m happy for you Obi-Wan, but please keep in mind that you have three more injections to go.?

?I know,? Obi-Wan replied, unable to keep the excitement out of his voice. ?But master, I just know that everything will work out. I just know it!?

TinMar moved in front of Qui-Gon, completely ignoring the master. ?Obi-Wan, I?d like to see what you can do.? Picking up the glass of water that sat next to Obi-Wan?s bed, TinMar placed it on a nearby table. ?Can you move this glass back to your bedside??

As Obi-Wan concentrated, he could feel the Force beginning to gather around him. It was not as strong as it once was, but he could feel it. It was not causing him pain as he called upon it to help him with the simple task that is taught as a youngling in Master Yoda?s class. Everyone in the room watched

3. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Oooh, ohhh. First post.

And there wiil be a sequel...hooray. I look forward to your future torturing of our dear Obi-Wan. ;)

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Little did they know that in less than a year, their lives would be turned upside down once again.

TBC

Now that's just cruel.

Li've's dead. YEAH!

Great job on this story, jedimommie2. I can't wait for the sequel!

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Glad the b...*ahem* wench is dead!! Beaten by the prisoners! How ironic is that! And so true in today's society as well! Most folks do not care for child abusers.

And Master Windu...perhaps in due time the 2 can make up their friendship, but guess we'll see that eventually perchance?

Great ending!!! Loved the fact that the Force is still warning Qui. And the healer has found something, well good! His arrogant a..*ahem* butt needed to be taken down a notch. Oh can't wait to see his expression when it proves true that something has indeed gone wrong! And Qui... poor Qui... *squeezes Qui teddy reassuringly* poor Qui!! :_|

Great job!!! Can't wait for the sequal!!

6. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Can't wait for the sequel! :)

Wanting to find out what's going to happen to Obi and what the doctor has found that he's not telling anyone about. Maybe he is just in this to make a name for himself.

~Bek

7. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Opal: You finally beat Kynstar! ;) Yes, a sequel is in the works. Plenty of more torture for dear Obi and his loving master!

Jedi_Knight150: Now that's just cruel.
    You're not accusing me of being cruel are you? [face_devil]
    Anyway, thank you for reading and all your encouraging comments.

Kynstar: You better keep Teddy Qui close! Thanks for reading and being such an encouragement to me!

Bekah_K The sequel is in the works. I do appreciate you reading this story--I hope that you enjoyed it!

The sequel is in the very early stages, but I have begun a new story for you to read while you are waiting ever so patiently!

8. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I KNEW IT! There had to be something overlooked!

Ah, definitely nice to finally get my log on problems settled and read up on the fic installments I missed. I can't wait for the sequel. :D

9. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Vampi_DigitalWytch: Good to see you back! The sequel is in the works--it will be a couple of weeks before it's ready to start posting. Thanks for reading!

10. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Just wanted to let you know that the first chapter to the sequel is almost done and should be ready to post in the next several days!

11. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Well, THAT`s surely good news! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.