main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Ultimate Betrayal JA/AU Author's note 6/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    My...Li've's a rather catty one. If it was up to me, I'd have her dragged before the council and have them pick her brain over. But then, I always figured myself as being more sithly than not.

Nice twist with Xanatos, it's enough to make one wonder if she had a hand in softening him up for his later slide.

2. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Opal: Li've has never played by the rules...but don't worry...Quigon has her number this time! Thanks for reading...I guess it's the mom in me that enjoys spoiling you all!

Kynstar:She will pay---I promise. Like I told Opal...you're encouragement and support makes me want to reward you for being such a loyal reader--I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Jedi_Knight150: The satellite idea has possibilities! ;) Thanks for reading!

Vampi_DigitalWytch: Good guess on Xanatos...she certainly had something to do with his descent into darkness. Stay tuned! Thanks again for reading!

Another post tomorrow...then you will probably have to wait until Monday. My husband I are going out of town tomorrow night and Saturday, without the younglings so we can celebrate our 10 year anniversary!

3. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    I finally caught up.

Poor Obi :(
    I knew Namow was no good!

4. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Great post,

Can't wait till Obi gets better!

SimmiVan ;)

5. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
  6. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Sticks-Solo You were right...she is no good! Thanks for reading!

galaxy_goddess: He should be getting better soon! (He'll need to be healthy for what he's going to go through in my other current story!) Thanks for your support!

Jedi_Knight150: Thank you!

Here is the next post...hope that this will hold you for a couple of days! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read my stories...I really appreciate it!

Part 11:

Quigon stood before Li?ve, determined to keep his focus. ?I do not have to play your game. I can simply drag you before the council and they can extract the formula from you.?

Li?ve nodded in agreement. ?You?re right?as always. However, that would take time and are you for certain Obi-wan has that much time??

Quigon could not honestly answer that in the positive manner he wanted to. He knew that his padawan was a fighter and that he would not give in to the poison for as long as he could. ?No?I do not know for certain how much time he has left.?

?Are you willing to jeopardize Obi-wan?s health just to drag me before the council?? She paused for him to answer, but there was none forthcoming. ?That?s what I thought?so are you going to grant me my request??

?I will speak to the council.? He turned abruptly, leaving Li?ve feeling very satisfied that she was humbling the proud master. ?How the mighty will fall?Master Jinn?and there will be no one there to pick up the pieces.?

Quigon knew that the council would be in session. He went to the council room and came through the heavy wooden doors as if they were nothing. The debate that had been going on came to a complete stop as all eyes were transfixed on Quigon. ?I apologize for the abruptness of my entrance?Master Namow has admitted to poisoning Obi-wan and she has the antidote.?

Mace leaned forward slightly in his chair. ?I am correct in assuming that she is not giving it up freely. Bring her before us---we will??

?There?s no time. Extracting it could take time and I don?t know that Obi-wan has that much time. She has asked for immunity. Neither I or the council can bring charges up against her in exchange for the antidote.?

?How is Obi-wan?? Master Adi Gallia inquired.

?He is worsening. The poison is destroying his midichlorians?he can not use the force to help him deal with the effects of the poison. We must do something before he?before he?? Quigon found that he could not bring himself to face the possibility of Obi-wan dying.

?Understand, we do. Granted immunity will be. Present itself, another solution shall.? Yoda had spoken the words that Quigon had wanted to hear. Quigon bowed to the council and hurried out of the chambers.

Mace turned to Yoda. ?Do you have any idea what this other solution will be??

Yoda nodded but did not provide any further details for Mace. Mace shook his head and reconvened the council meeting, while his thoughts dwelt on Quigon and Obi-wan.

On his way back to Master Namow?s quarters, he stopped by the healer?s wing where he saw his apprentice in the throes of agony. Agony that prevented him from remaining in the blissful state of unconsciousness. Afina saw him in the window and motioned for him to come in. Quigon slowly approached Obi-wan?s bed, taking a cloth and placing it on his sweat covered brow. ?How is he??

Afina looked at Quigon with sorrow in her eyes. ?I?m sorry Quigon, he?s getting worse. The pain is so severe that the medication will no longer give him any relief. His fever has risen another degree?he is really no longer coherent. Very little of what he says makes any sense??

?Have you been able to come up with your own antidote??

?No?we had something we thought was close, but we realized that Obi-wan was allergic to one of the drugs and so we couldn?t use it. Did you have any luck??

Quigon sighed as he watched Obi-wan?s pale form tremble in the bed. ?Yes?I will be back with the antidote.? Quigon leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on Obi-wan?s forehead and resu

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Flusters up* WELL! Ok I'll settle down... I'll not curse the wench too much more! ;) hehehehe at least Qui started to choke her! Threw her down! Woo-hoo! Should've finished her off... but was wise not too! hehehe donna wanna slip to the darker side do we now? hehehe

Great post! I do hope another solution will present itself soon enough for the khesting wench's sake.

Damaging effects... it'll suck if he looses the connection with the Force... Ack! Is that what'ch'ya gonna do? Have our lil Obi loose his connectivity? Wow... that'd be heavy for sure. That or weaken him considerably that he'll have to 'double' his concentration on using the Force?

Wowzers... questions come a rambling, eh? hehehe

Thanks for the great post! Love the little bit between Qui and Obi when he wakes. :) Obi - 'Still here?' Qui - 'Where else would I be?' soooo touching!!

8. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Kyn, I think if we team up, we take the Sith witch down. Now, you go in slowly on the left, and...(oh, I know I'm goofy) :p

C'mon! What's wrong with this woman? If she kills Obi she won't be able to get anymore nook from him. Though I guess her chances are slim to none now, since she poisoned him and all, huh?

9. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm really hoping that Qui-Gon or the council still come up with a way for Li've to get her just desserts. Something subtle, yet devistating...

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well Opal I might have to do a little 'Anakin' here. "No I'm taking her now!" lightsaber flaring and rushes her.

hehehe sorry couldn't resist ;) hehehe

Aye... I truly hope the wench gets her due! Though if she did have any feelings for Obi... ain't gonna matter now once he finds out she poisoned him. Don't think that has been revealed to him as of yet. Poor Obi... and he did really like her. So trusting at that age he was...

11. galaxy_goddess

Apr 8, 2004
    I wonder, asuming when Obi finally gets better that he will be the one to take on Namow. I mean surely he won't be too fond of her then, unless she really takes control of his mind. Nevertheless, Qui-Gon will always be there to help out...hopefully.

Jedimommie2 , will you be posting your other current project, I would love to read it. My apologies if it is posted and I have missed it.

SimmiVan ;)

12. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kystar: Yes, I'm afraid our Obi is going to have some problems...more about that in the next post. Let me say though you are an excellent mind reader! Of course that's nothing to say what will happen when he realizes that he has been used. Thanks again for reading!

Opal: Love the plan that you and Kynstar have for taking Li've down. It just might work! ;)

Vampi_DigitalWytch: I promise you that it will be quite devestating! Thanks for reading!

galaxy_goddess: Qui-Gon has learned a valuable lesson from all this as will Obi. And yes I am posting on my other fic(on the Saga Board) as regularly as I can.

Thanks again for reading. I got back in town late last night but we had a wonderful time! The next post will be up tomorrow...sorry about the wait. Thanks for bearing with me!

13. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I stumbled onto this and I must say I am hooked like a fish. this is really quality writing.

14. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Permanent effects? :(

Please don't hurt them any more...
    The poor boy.

Very well written.

15. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    beezel26: I'm glad you found this story. I appreciate you taking your time to read it.

Sticks-Solo: Just a little bit more pain. ;) Thanks for reading!

Thanks for your patience...here is the next post as promised!

Part 12:

Qui-Gon paled at the news that Afina had just given him. ?What? What do you mean there will be some permanent effects??

Afina sighed as she handed Qui-Gon the data pad that contained a record of Obi-Wan?s midichlorian count. ?This was his count on his last physical and this is his count as of this morning. As you can see there is a significant drop of approximately 30%. Basically his connection to the force is diminished...things that used to come easy to him, will now be difficult. He will have to concentrate harder to use the force--he doesn?t...?

?He can relearn. He can gain back what he has lost,? Qui-Gon stated.

Afina knew that this would be the Jedi master?s reaction. ?Qui-Gon...you must be realistic. To have to call up on the force will simply exhaust him. He will not be able to function as he once did. Perhaps another path should be explored for him besides a Jedi Knight. Perhaps he could...?

Qui-Gon stood up and threw the data pad down on her desk. ?Don?t say that. Obi-Wan is a light that shines brightly in the force...he can not do otherwise.?

?Once again, you?re not listening...?

?No--you are not listening. I know Obi-Wan and I know that he will adapt and be able to function as he always has.? Qui-Gon sat back down as he felt Afina?s glare go right through him.

?No--he won?t. Not only will it drain him when he uses the force; it will often cause him great pain, very much like he experienced in the early stages of his illness. How do you expect him to adapt to that, Qui-Gon?? Afina waited for Qui-Gon?s response, but there was nothing but silence.

Qui-Gon finally spoke, swallowing back the sob that choked him. ?Does Obi-Wan know??

Afina shook her head. ?No..not yet. I?m sorry Qui-Gon.?

?Isn?t there anything that can be done for him?? Qui-Gon was desperate and knew that desperation was clear in his voice.

?Not yet. Researchers and healers have been looking at ways to replenish midichlorians for years, but there is nothing substantial yet. I can prescribe a supplement to help boost his energy and pain medication to use as needed. Of course, we?ll have to keep a close monitor on his count at least once a month.? Afina?s heart went out to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, who now had this problem to add to everything else.

Qui-Gon stood once again and gathered his robe around him, making his way back out to Obi-Wan?s room. He took his customary place by the side of his bed. He lay his head down beside Obi-Wan?s hand, resting it on his arms as he wept softly.

After a few minutes, Qui-Gon felt a hand weakly brush against his long, graying hair. He raised slightly to look into the sea changing orbs of his apprentice. ?Obi-Wan? How long have you been awake??

?Not long,? he quietly replied. ?Are you alright, Master?? Obi-Wan knew that he had caused his Master grief and heartache and despised the fact that his Master was weeping over him.

Qui-Gon looked at his apprentice, simply amazed at the boy lying before him. After all that he had been through, Obi-Wan was concerned about him---but that was not unusual. Obi-Wan had always shown his concern for his Master, even though Qui-Gon did not often reciprocate the concern. ?I am fine, Obi-Wan. How are you feeling??

?Tired--but the pain is not bad at all. That is a welcome relief.? Obi-Wan grew silent as his eyes turned away from Qui-Gon.

?Padawan? Obi-Wan? What is troubling you??

Obi-Wan could not bring himself to look at his Master. ?Master, I?m sorry...I disobeyed you...I let my emotions guide me instead of the force. I should have known better. I still have these feelings towards Li?ve--Master Namow and I don?t know what to do about them. I think she cares about me...?

Qui-Gon shook his head, stopping Obi-Wan in mid sen

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Somebody take a switch to that b...*AHEM* wench's arse!

I'd do it in a heart beat! And I'm sure Qui would too... it should be Qui saying this to him... not her a blurting it all out.

But then again if Qui did it where would the angst be? ;) hehehe

Great job once more jm2 pat yaself on the back! ;)

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Unable to use the Force? Poor Obi! It's good that Qui seems to finally have come to his senses. I'm still up for the satellite plan to deal with Li've...

18. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Hmmph. Kynstar claims she rushed ahead to get to that wicked witch, but I think she was really just trying to beat me to Obi-Wan. :(

Interesting as always, jm2. You've got me quite hooked here.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Got a plan Opal I'll smack her a few if you hold her down, then I'll hold her down so you can smack her a bit. Sound like a plan? [face_devil]

20. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    *stands at the door passing out torches for the Li've hunting mob*

I can't believe the chutzpah Li've has with being so bold about things concidering as word discreetly gets around she'll only be making grief for herself down the road.

But then she might have something else up her sleeves just in case of that event.

21. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I want more.

22. galaxy_goddess

Apr 8, 2004
    Great post! :)
    She is such a nosybottom, something sure is about to happen, but what? oh well can't wait for the next post!

Wow, great posts, thanks for the updates.

SimmiVan ;)

23. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! What a horrible woman! Seducing Obi-Wan for her own evil purposes. This isn't high school! If only Qui-Gon had voiced his reasons for disliking Li've, perhaps Obi would have realized the truth. Instead, Obi just saw it as Qui being distrustful. Come on, lets get a little communication here people! Look where it gets you, Qui-Gon! Your poor padawan is all doped up on poisened tea. Argh! Uhhh...despite all my rants, these were good posts. Honestly! I rant because I love!

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I had to get caught up. But that said, I have a lightsaber and I'm not afraid to use it. Where is a Sith when you need one? Some needs to go DARTH all over her butt! Hey, let's get Mara, she can beat up anybody! A great story, can't wait for more!

25. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: I think you and Opal have a good plan! ;) Don't worry though, Li've will get what is coming to her! Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Knight150: Yes, our dear Qui-Gon has come to his senses. Look for Obi/Qui mush in the next part!

Opal:Glad you're hooked! I promise that you'll be satisfied with the consequences Li've will face, if not, I'll let you and Kynstar take care of her your way! :D

Vampi_DigitalWytch: She is rather bold isn't she?

beezel26: Your wish is granted!

galaxy_goddess: Thank you for being so loyal to read and comment on this story! Next part is on its way!

The_Hutt: If you rant because you love--rant on!;) Glad you are enjoying this story. Thanks for reading.

VaderLVR64: Thank you! Glad you are still enjoying the story.

Here is the next post! Hope you all enjoy!

Part 13:

Qui-Gon stared at his apprentice, focusing on the pain and hurt that had taken over his handsome features. ?Obi-Wan, perhaps now is not a good time. You?ve been very ill and...?

?It?s okay, Master. I want to know.? Obi-Wan turned his focus back to Li?ve. ?So, I guess you better start from the beginning.?

Li?ve came beside Obi-Wan and gently rubbed his cheek. He pulled away from her touch, his face flushing slightly. ?Obi-Wan, this is the first time that you?ve ever pulled away from me. You weren?t pulling away the other night--do you remember??

Qui-Gon pulled her away from Obi-Wan. ?You will not taunt him. You will tell him what he wants to know.?

Li?ve smiled and moved past Qui-Gon, sitting down in the chair that he had just occupied. ?I might as well, but just remember Qui-Gon, you and the council can not do anything to me.?

?A fact that I am well aware of.? Qui-Gon stood closer to Obi-Wan as if to protect him from her words. But both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan knew from experience that words are often the deadliest of weapons.

?Well let?s see--where to begin? I had been thinking of a way to get even with Qui-Gon for years. When he took you as a Padawan, I began to formulate my plan. It would be Qui-Gon?s downfall if his apprentice betrayed him again. After watching the way he treated you, I knew that it would be easy to seduce you. You craved attention and love and he gave you neither. He was only a Master in title--for the life of me, I don?t know why the council didn?t remove you from his care. But, who am I to question the all-knowing council? So I started paying attention to you and you fell right into my hands. I?ve never met a soul who was so pure and had yet seen so much in a short time.

?Qui-Gon tried to warn you, but I also knew that he would not allow his pride to be tarnished. That has always been his weakness. All you wanted was someone to care about you, so I did. I robbed you of your innocence, and almost your life. I poisoned you over the course of several days with that tea that you took a liking to. You should have died, but you seemed to have inherited your Master?s stubborn will for surviving. Unfortunately, he figured out what happened and got the antidote. Of course, it won?t matter, your dream of being a Jedi Knight is all but destroyed and Master Jinn will yet lose another apprentice.? She sat smugly in her chair, waiting for either Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon to comment.

Obi-Wan cast his eyes down, focusing on his trembling hands. ?Did you care for me at all??

?I could have if the circumstances were different. I could not let my feelings for you get in the way.?

?You used me to bring my Master pain. I should have seen through the charade.? He looked up at Qui-Gon from under his eyelashes. ?I?m sorry Master...I am not worthy to be your Padawan or to continue my training. I was too easily led astray, which is something a Jedi should not be.?

Li?ve laughed at Obi-Wan in a mocking tone. ?You are such the martyr. Did you not believe me when I told you that your connection to the force was diminished? It is a lasting effect of the poison.? To continu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.