main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Ultimate Betrayal JA/AU Author's note 6/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    *resumes passing out torches and lighters to those who need them*

Carpool list for the lynch mob is on the right...

Seriously, I can see where Li've's approaching pretty desperate, but yeesh..she's acting pretty out there for charging up to Qui's room with a 'saber. But when you figure she's really got nothing left to lose in a way, it makes sense.

2. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Someone has to stop her! I'll join the lynch mob! :D

3. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    *grabs torch from Vampi, lights it, and chases after Li've* I can't believe she escaped! If you ask me, I think the temple should put a leetle more security on those homicidal maniacs. And I find her surprise and hurt at Obi-Wan's charges annoying. "Oh, Obi-Wan's pressing charges? Why? All I did was try to kill him and ruin his master's life! Waaa!" Ach. What a ****er. I like Qui's interjection before the council. At least he realizes (finally!) that he is partly to blame. And Obi-Wan should give himself a break! I know that he committed a wrong, but if the council can give dumb ol' Li've an easy ride for helping to slaughter a village, I'm sure they can't be to harsh with Obi-Wan for his loss of innocence and disobediance. I think that Obi-Wan would give himself the death sentance if he could!
    Council: Obi-Wan we've decided that there were
    extenuating circumstances involving that tart.
    So make sure it doesn't happen again, and have a
    nice day.
    Obi: NOOOOO! I must be punished! I must atone for my sins! AAAAGH! *runs across room and throws himself off the balcony*
    That boy is way to hard on himself. Anyways, great couple of posts!

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Awwww. I just love mush. It's good that Obi and Qui are getting along again and I lovge how Qui tried to set some of the blame on himself instead of Obi in front of the council to try and lessen Obi's punishment. I just hope the council isn't too harsh. What about Obi's force abilities? Is he going to get them back somehow?

I can't believe after all of this Li've is still going. She just killed the guard! Now she's going after Obi and Qui?

*ignites her lightsaber*

5. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Well, how about some more spoiling? Here is your reward for being so faithful--a new post!

Vampi_DigitalWytch: Have you got your mob ready? ;)

jeday: :D You're not alone!

The_Hutt: Yep..that sounds like our Obi! Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Knight150: Obi/Qui mush is always good! Thanks for reading.

jedimommie2 posts and then runs and hides from lynch mob!

Part 16:

Qui-Gon leaned over Obi-Wan, gently shaking him awake. ?Obi-Wan? I?m sorry to disturb you from your sleep.?

?It?s okay, Master. Do you need anything??

Qui-Gon smiled at his apprentice and shook his head. ?No, I am fine. I just need to run back down to the healer?s to get some of your medication that I forgot. I did not want you to awaken and find me gone.? Qui-Gon knew that in the past couple of years, there had been many mornings that he would be gone before Obi-Wan arose. If things were going to change between them, then even the smallest things would have to change.

?Thank you for telling me Master.? Obi-Wan yawned as he tried to keep his eyes from closing.

?Go back to sleep, Obi-Wan. I will return shortly.? Qui-Gon gathered his robe about him and left their quarters. Obi-Wan lay back down on the couch and had almost drifted off to sleep when the door chime startled him out of his near slumber.

Obi-Wan got up and slowly made his way to the door. He hated being so slow and weak, but as Qui-Gon pointed out, he was still recovering. He palmed open the door and stepped back in surprise as Li?ve stepped in. ?What are you doing here??

Li?ve smiled as she ignited the light saber that she had taken from the dead Jedi guard. ?I?ve decided Obi-Wan that since you are pressing charges, I truly have nothing to lose. I did not think that you would do this to me?you and your Master. I decided that if I was going under, I would take you and your precious Master with me. I saw him leave and I thought what a perfect opportunity for us to do some?unfinished business.?

Obi-Wan was glad that Qui-Gon had made sure that when he dressed this morning, that he had his own light saber. Obi-Wan reached for his and ignited it, preparing to defend himself. ?I don?t think so,? he said as he circled around Li?ve.

?You truly think that you can fight me? Have you forgotten that you can not use the force?? She charged him fast and strong. Her light saber moving as a blur of light, put Obi-Wan immediately on the defensive.

He knew that he had to rely on his skills with the light saber, because if he called on the force, he would surely pay the consequences that the effort would cause him. But he found that his natural instinct was to call upon the force to aid him?the force had always used him as an instrument to deliver its song. As he called upon it, he felt the familiar pain begin to take control of him.<No! Please, force--help me!> Obi-Wan silently begged the force to help him and not to betray him. He blocked her attacks, but was increasingly aware of his draining strength. As his trembling hands fought to hold on to his light saber, Li?ve was driving him to his knees. He could not hold on to the saber any longer?his body was weakening from the exertion that calling upon the force had cost him. He fell to the ground, his body trembling, his face a mask of pain, staring up at Li?ve as she held her light saber against his throat?

Qui-Gon had made his way down to the healer?s wing for Obi-Wan?s medication when he felt a disturbance emitting from Obi-Wan. For Obi-Wan to have tried to access the force, something had to be terribly wrong. He broke into a run back toward the lifts. As he was waiting for the lift to arrive, he reached out to monitor Obi-Wan. His energy was spent and he was still experiencing pain from having to call upon the force. The lift arrived and he pushed the button indicating the level that he wanted. Time seemed to move in slow motion as he waited for the lift to stop. Once it did, like a bolt of light

6. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    *keeps muttering to herself 'It's Coruscant, he can land on a hovercar or grab onto an antenna or summat'.*

I hope she falls straight down into the silicon slime and gets eaten by those wormthingies down there.

And there's still room in my truck for the lynch mob in case she didn't fall straight down.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ayi!!! Cliffy! *Grumble* Noooo! Well at least she was getting her due... Obi didn't mean to be a 'distraction' how loyal pup he is! How sweet! OK... Now Qui has to somehow figure what to do now...

Obi hope you have some 'Force' strength left... gonna need it to slow your descent if you can't grab a hold of a bypassing vehicle...

Great postie!!! :D :D Ahhhh lassie thou spoilest me rotten!!! ;)

8. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    ahh geez keep us hanging like that. Its like fourth quarter with ten seconds to go and the its a toss up who will win.

Why the commercial break.

Why Why!

I want more.

9. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

10. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
  11. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    He pulled himself back up in time to see Li?ve and Obi-Wan both tumble over the balcony?

*straps on parachute and jumps over after him*

12. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
  13. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Gah!!! Cliffie!! How positively evil of you! ;) Great post, you described the action scene really well. Awww, and the post before it was so heart-warming. But you must post more soon!!! :eek: Must find out what happens to Obi and Li've!

14. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Vampi_DigitalWytch: [face_laugh]

Kynstar: Qui-Gon better think fast! :D Thanks again for reading. More spoiling--I mean another post later this evening.

beezel26: More you shall have--later this evening.

BlueJedi: It will be okay--maybe...;) Thanks for reading!

jeday: Trust in the force!

Jedi_Knight150: I know several people who are right behind you!

galaxy_goddess: :D

KenobisGirl: Find out you will--later this evening. Thanks for reading--I truly appreciate it.

Next post will be up later this evening. Again, I appreciate everyone who is reading this story! Glad you all are enjoying it so much.

15. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I'm not around for one lousy day, and you get leave us with that evil cliffie. You at least could have resolved it by the time I got back. :D

And look at this lynch mob that has formed. You would think that the people here didn't like poor Li've messing with our Obi.

Yet another wonderfully entertaining piece, jm2.

16. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Mom! Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

17. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Due to several thunderstorms, my computer and writing time was greatly delayed and I don't have the next post finished yet. :( Unfortunately it will be tomorrow before the post is ready. Thank you for your patience!

I have updated my other story if you are interested. Thanks again for your patience.

18. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Take your time and make it a good one! (well, technically they are all good...)

What's going to happen to Obi? If he does survive, is he going to find a way to get hi force abilities back?

19. galaxy_goddess

Apr 8, 2004
    Not to worry, least you are ok jedimommie2
    Plus we will all be waiting here for your next post!
    Can't wait. Keep up the fantastic work! [:D]

SimmiVan ;)

20. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    You spoil us as it is, jm2. And don't worry, we'll give you at least until Tuesday...after that, however, we send out the dogs. ;)

21. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Opal:Good to see you again! Don't worry, not too evil of a cliffie tonight. :) Thanks for giving me until Tuesday, but I have one ready tonight--no need for the dogs. :D

beezel26: We're here--at the next post anyway! Glad to see you are still enjoying this story. Thanks for reading.

Jedi_Knight150: Thanks for your patience and the kind words. The answers to your questions will be forthcoming!

galaxy_goddess: Thank you! To reward your patience, here is the next post!

Thanks everyone for being so patient--I hope that this is worth the wait!

Part 17:

Qui-Gon rushed out to the balcony to find that Master Namow had managed to grab onto the edge. Qui-Gon peered past her to see his apprentice free falling through the maze of the Coruscant traffic. He reached down and pulled her up to safety, never easing up on the grasp that he had on her arm. ?You?re coming with me and you better hope that nothing happens to him.?

Li?ve said nothing, but instead glared at Qui-Gon, hate emitting from her eyes as she struggled against his hold. The more she struggled, the tighter he held her, dragging her out of their quarters, down the hall towards the lift. Once in the lift, Qui-Gon selected the level that housed the speeders at the temple. He refused to let her go even in the enclosed area of the lift. Li?ve snickered at Qui-Gon?s determination. ?You might as well give up, you know that his access to the force is very limited. He won?t be able to save himself.?

?And whom do we have to thank for that? Like I said, Master Namow, you better hope that he is all right or I may temporarily forget that I am a Jedi.? Observing Qui-Gon, Li?ve knew all too well that he meant every word he said. They finally reached their desired level. Once more Qui-Gon was dragging Li?ve down the hall towards where the speeders were kept. He forced her to climb in the passenger?s side as he sat down on the driver?s side. Qui-Gon took off from the platform, reaching out with the force for Obi-Wan?s force signature. He sighed a slight breath of relief to realize that he could feel his presence, although it was much weaker than he was used to. He sent the speeder in a dive towards where he felt his apprentice?s presence at, calling on the force to help him reach Obi-Wan in time.

Obi-Wan was completely aware that there was almost nothing he could do to control his descent. He had completely exhausted himself back in the quarters when he had called upon the force so he could help his Master. Now, however, he strength was waning and he did not know if he could even call upon the force that he used to rely on. Even when he felt like everyone had failed him; he had always been able to find peace in the force--that peace was no longer there. He thanked the force that he had not had a collision with any of the vehicles that he had passed. The vehicles would swerve in and out of traffic, often uttering a series of obscenities in an alien language.

Obi-Wan also knew that if he continued to fall further into the lower levels of Coruscant that there was a chance that he would not survive. He made a decision that he knew would cost him dearly. Obi-Wan relaxed as much as he possibly could and called on the force to help him. He was aware of a car passing by just below him. He used the last of his energy to guide him and cushion his landing on the speeder. Even with the force, his control was so unreliable--he landed on the hood of the speeder harder than he had intended. The stunned passengers in the speeder eyed the Padawan suspiciously. Obi-Wan held on tightly knowing his life truly depended on it.

Before the driver of the speeder could do anything, another speeder pulled up beside them. Qui-Gon motioned for them to follow him to the nearest landing pad. Still confused, the driver complied, falling in behind Qui-Gon, being very careful with his unexpected cargo. The two speeders finally reached their destination and came to a stop. Obi-Wan did not attempt to move e

22. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    *cackles* Yeeeeesssss! Finally someone's *insert choice of body part here* is properly in the sling.

23. galaxy_goddess

Apr 8, 2004
    Great Post.
    Great to see that you have put so much work into this fantastic story. I am really loving the character development, the dialogue and all the great scenes!

Loving your story all the way [face_dancing] ,
    SimmiVan ;)

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Whew!* Obi is safe! Yippee! Good to see her back in the 'harness' once more! Good show!

*Snrk* So it was Mace's speeder? *Snrk*!! hehehe good form! ;) And Qui would have done that too!!!

You tell her Yoda! Put the bi.. *Ahem* wench in her place!

;) Glad to see ya made it thru the storms jm2! We're to have storms later this week ourselves... hope ours aren't as bad!

Thanks for the update! :D :D Great job! I, too, hope Obi's midis will return to norm eventually.

25. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Vampi_DigitalWytch: I thought you would enjoy that post--you probably can disband your lynch mob! ;)

galaxy_goddess: Glad you are enjoying it so much! :D

Kynstar: Thanks--it would be nice to have an evening without the storms here, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not. So glad that you are still enjoying this story!

The next post will be up later this evening! Thank you all for being so faithful in reading this story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.