main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Ultimate Betrayal JA/AU Author's note 6/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Here is the next post! Thank you all for your patience!

Part 20:

Master TinMar studied his captive audience finally coming to rest on the young man lying in the bed. Obi-Wan stared at him with eyes that reflected many pains and scars in his short life. ?It is nice to finally meet you, Padawan Kenobi?I have heard a lot about you.?

Obi-Wan nodded his thanks sparing a quick glance to his Master. Qui-Gon put a comforting hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder to help calm his nerves as the healer began to speak.

?I know you?re anxious, so I will get right to the point.? Master TinMar was not one to mince words and he wanted the boy and his Master to be aware of everything?the benefits and the risks. ?We have been working for years on midichlorian transplants because of the increasing threats that the Jedi face wherever they go. We have come up with a way to harvest the midichlorians from one person and give them to another, but we have only simulated this procedure?it has not actually been done on an individual.

?What we do is the donor is given a drug which isolates the midichlorians in their system. Once that happens, the midichlorians are filtered out of the donor?s system into a type of purifying solution that removes any midichlorians that are damaged and diseased. They are then transferred to the recipient by a series of hypospray shots, increasing that person?s count back at least to where it was if not more.? TinMar paused allowing the information to be digested by those in the room.

Obi-Wan cringed when TinMar spoke of the hypospray. Qui-Gon squeezed his shoulder lightly as he spoke, his voice calm and his focus centered. ?This is all well in good, but you have not told us of the risks to this procedure.?

TinMar graciously smiled at Qui-Gon. He had heard of Qui-Gon?s reputation and knew that this man would be the hardest one to convince that the procedure would be beneficial. ?Well, the donor has very little personal risk, except that he or she, as the case may be will no longer have access to the force. There may be some nausea and vertigo, but other than that, nothing too serious.?

?What about the recipient?what are the risks?? Qui-Gon?s gaze never left Master TinMar as he waited for him to finish his answer.

?The recipient?s greatest risk is rejection. If he were to reject the transplant, other problems could occur that may pose a problem, but I assure you that we will not have to worry about that.?

?What kind of problems?? Qui-Gon was not yet satisfied with the healer?s answer.

An awkward moment of silence filled the air as the tension between Qui-Gon and TinMar escalated. Qui-Gon refused to give in so easily?he had to know every detail before he consented to the transplant. TinMar sighed, releasing a calming breath before he could continue. ?There is the possibility that the midichlorians from the donor can attack the recipient?s existing midichlorians, forcing his body to reject the transplant and begin to shut down.?

Obi-Wan looked at his Master, worry etched in the handsome features of the young man. Qui-Gon crossed his arms as he moved slightly in front of his apprentice as if to protect him. ?What are the chances of that happening, Master TinMar??

?In laboratory tests, it happened approximately thirty percent of the time.?

?Well, I think you have your answer, Master TinMar. Obi-Wan will not be your next experiment.? Qui-Gon refused to buckle under the scrutiny of the others in the room.

?Master Jinn! You can not tell me that you want your apprentice to go through life unable to use the force??

"He is able to call upon the force??

?Yes, but what does it do to him? He ends up at the healer?s wing once again completely spent. At least with this procedure you are giving him a chance.? TinMar knew that getting into an argument with the Jedi Master was probably useless, but nevertheless, he wanted him to see that Obi-Wan at least had an opportunity to reclaim what he lost, possibly even surpassing his current abilities.

Mace cl

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    "I would rather have him as he is now, than to not have him at all."

Go Qui!

It's good that Obi and Qui's bond has been reestablished again. I get the feeling they may need it. I hope nothing goes wrong.

Great post! =D=

Edit: First post! [face_dancing]

Congrats on the nomination!

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay!!!!! Good show Obi!! You'll be back to normal soon!
    (Well unless jm2 has something sneaky planned! :eek: hehehe) Now Obi knows for sure how much Qui cares for him!! Woooohooo! Warm fuzzy feelings for everyone!!

Great job! And congrads on your nomination for new author! :D :D

4. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I have a bad feeling about this. :(

5. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm with jeday, I got a bad feeling about this. Between Li've and Timar seeing so excited, Murphy's Law decrees something will go wrong somehow.

6. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Jedi_Knight150: Thank you! [face_blush] Your feeling is probably pretty accurate.

Kynstar: Thank you--like I said I am honored and very surprised. Thanks for reading as always!

jeday: You should meditate and see if you can find out why! ;)

Vampi_DigitalWytch: [face_devil]

Thanks again for reading! Next post will be up later today!

7. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Here is the next post! A special thanks to everyone for reading!

Part 21:

Li?ve Namow was brought up to the healer?s wing, still in binders as well as having the force suppression collar around her neck. She was taken in a small room off to the side to find Master Windu, Master Yoda, Healer Afina, and another individual whom she had not seen before sitting there waiting for her. She sat in the chair that was directly across from them as she waited to be informed of why she was here. It was Mace Windu who finally broke the silence with his rich baritone voice. ?Li?ve Namow--as you were told by the council, if there was a way, you would be giving your midichlorians to Padawan Kenobi as part of your punishment.?

?And I told you that I would give him nothing,? she replied in a voice laced with spite.

?No choice have you,? said Yoda. ?Criminal you are--no rights you have.?

?Who would have ever thought the Jedi order could be so vindictive?? Li?ve was trying to put on a brave front, but if she were to be honest with herself, the thought of being stripped of the force truly terrified her.

?You?ve not seen anything yet,? came a cool reply from across the room. She turned to see Qui-Gon Jinn enter the room and walk up calmly behind her.

?Ah, Qui-Gon--it?s good to see you again. Tell me, how is Obi-Wan?? False concern and sarcasm dripped off of Li?ve as she hoped to upset Qui-Gon by asking about the welfare of Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon smiled politely as he took a seat by Mace. ?Obi-Wan is no longer your concern, Li?ve.? He glanced over towards Master TinMar. ?Has she been told about the procedure??

?No, we were just getting to that.? Master TinMar stood up and approached Li?ve. ?I am Master Healer TinMar--I?ve been doing research for years on midichlorian transplants. I have been told that you are to be the donor.?

?Not out of the goodness of my heart, I assure you.? As Master TinMar began to explain the procedure, her focus was not on him. Instead, she maintained her focus on Qui-Gon Jinn--the hate in her heart growing as she was forced to stay in his presence.

She heard Master TinMar?s voice in the background but refused to acknowledge him. ?You will be given a drug to isolate your midichlorians, which will be harvested and put into a solution that will filter out any damaged or diseased ones. They will then be transplanted into Padawan Kenobi in a series of hyposprays over a period of two to three days depending upon how his body handles it.?

Li?ve sat there unmoving, her focus still intent on Qui-Gon. ?So I guess you think that you?ve won, don?t you Qui-Gon? I?m going to be stripped of the force and sent to prison where I probably won?t survive two weeks. However, you and your apprentice will continue to live your pathetic lives in the confines of the Jedi order. But just remember Qui-Gon how easily your apprentice was swayed and this wasn?t the first time--what makes you think that it won?t happen again??

?Be silent!? Qui-Gon demanded the woman before him who he considered to be the epitome of evil. ?I will not listen to anything you have to say about my apprentice. You should not concern yourself with my apprentice, you should be worried about yourself.

Healer TinMar interrupted the silent challenge between Li?ve and Qui-Gon. ?The collar will have to come off...we can?t do the procedure with it on.?

?Absolutely not!? Qui-Gon replied, his hand smacking the table beneath him emphasizing his point.

?We have no choice Master Jinn. Don?t worry, she will be given a sedative before we do so. After the procedure, she will no longer need the collar. I give you my word Master Jinn that she will pose no threat to your Padawan or to anyone for that matter.?

Qui-Gon sat back in his chair, still not entirely comfortable with this decision, but having no choice but to accept it.

TinMar rose from his seat. ?If there are no further questions, I suggest that we get started.? He turned to the guards motioning them to take her to the room that had been

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Another good post! Great to know that the two will have time later on :D Always good to spend some R&R away from living/working areas.

Great job!! So does our wench have a plan? Ummm her smile makes me wonder...

9. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Yay, another post! Li've definately has something planned... can't wait to find out!

10. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    :mad: She smiles! Arrrrrg...

11. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Jedimommie, you are the queen of cliffhangers. Please dont make wait. Its killing me.

You could make a killing advertising right now.

I want more. I want more. You are cruel in hollywood way.

12. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Does she have a plan? Hmm... [face_thinking]
    Thanks for reading...I always look forward to your replies!

AnariaZar-Rel: Thank you for reading! All will be revealed in the next couple of posts! :D

jeday: Makes you think that she's up to something, doesn't it?

beezel26: Why, thank you! [face_devil] Unfortunately the next post won't be up until tomorrow. The post for my other story is just about ready, but this one isn't...sorry! :(

Like I said, the post for this story will be up in the morning. Thank you for being so patient. A question to ponder while you wait. Would anyone like to take a sneak peak at a teaser for my next story? If you all are interested--I'll post it tomorrow as well, maybe tonight, but no guarantees!

13. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Teaser? Sure! :D

14. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I want spoilers

15. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Please do post! would be great for a few spoilers :D

Well done on this story, definitly worth the nomination. It's great!!!

SimmiVan ;)

16. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Here's the next post! Thanks for reading this story--I really appreciate it!

Part 22:

As Li?ve awoke out of her forced slumber, the first thing she was aware of was that she could no longer feel the force. It no longer filled her and gave her the feeling of power that she so desperately craved. She reached up around her neck checking to see if the force suppression collar had be replaced. She had no idea why she even did that, because she knew that the collar was not there. She had been stripped of her midichlorians in order to help Obi-Wan Kenobi. She hoped that he would enjoy his restored ability with the force because it would not last forever--nothing lasts forever.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had been talking quietly amongst themselves to keep their minds occupied while the procedure to rid Master Namow of her midichlorians was taking place. Qui-Gon had told him about the place that where they would be taking a short sabbatical once he was released from the healers. As Obi-Wan listened, his excitement and anticipation about taking this trip was growing. ?It sounds truly beautiful Master--I wish we there now.?

?So do I, Obi-Wan, so do I. I wish that none of this had never happened and that I had been wiser and more sensitive to your needs instead of wallowing in my own self-pity.?

?Master--? Obi-Wan did not like the fact that his Master was taking the entire blame.

?Please Obi-Wan--I need to say this. I have not formally apologized to you for my part in this. Had I confided in you, I know that you would have not become involved with Li?ve Namow. I hope that you can forgive me for that as well as for the way that I?ve treated you. After Tahl died, I was determined not to experience that kind of heartache again so I shut you out. When you almost died from the poison, I realized that the heartache I would face living without you would be greater than any that I had experienced before. I?m sorry it took this happening to open my blinded eyes.?

Obi-Wan?s blushed as his Master humbly apologized to him. He did not deserve this--he should be the one providing the apology, not Qui-Gon. But before he could reply, his Master continued, ?I do hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me Padawan. I know that I don?t deserve it once again, but I do hope that I will receive it.?

?Master, you don?t need to apologize to me. I am the one who should apologize to you. I disobeyed you, I questioned your instructions and I betrayed your trust in me.?

Qui-Gon smiled at the young man sitting before him. ?Perhaps we should just put this behind us and move onward with our lives.?

Obi-Wan sighed as he returned his Master?s smile. ?That sounds good Master. A wise man once told me that I should keep my focus on the here and now.?

Qui-Gon arched an eyebrow at his young apprentice. ?Sounds like a very wise man.?

?He is--a fact that I sometimes don?t appreciate.?

?No more self-blame and pity--I think the both of us have done enough of that in the past few days. Wouldn?t you agree??

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan replied. ?I would have to agree.?

Their conversation was prohibited from going any further as Master TinMar and Master Afina entered Obi-Wan?s room. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan watched them as they approached Obi-Wan?s bedside, trying to read from their expressions whether the first step of the procedure had been a success. Obi-Wan once again found himself once again wanting to reach for the force to help calm him as TinMar prepared to speak. ?The first step was a success. Li?ve Namow has been stripped of her midichlorians and no longer has access to the force. We have placed them in the solution that we told you about that will filter out any damaged or diseased ones. We should be able to start your first treatment later this evening.?

?This filtering system is thorough, isn?t it? What are the chances of something potentially dangerous slipping through?? Qui-Gon knew by the way that TinMar reacted to his question, that he had offended the Master He

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh! That doesn't sound too good for Obi then.. ummm wench still has something going on...

Great post!! Loved the little talk there with Obi & Qui!! [face_love]

18. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Geez, she just never goes away...And I don't think she wants to leave quietly either.

Keep up the great posting!
    SimmiVan ;)

19. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    That wicked woman always has something up her sleeve. The lynch mob will be waiting for her when she gets off that transport.

20. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Perhaps she suffers from a unknown disease, wich is transfered now to Obi-Wan. :(
    Hope the force will warn him or his master. [face_praying]

21. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Thanks! I love Obi/Qui mush almost as much as Obi torture and angst. :D

galaxy_goddess: Leaving quietly is just not her style. Thanks for reading.

Opal: I figured that the lynch mob would be standing by ready to take action!

jeday: Hope the force will warn him or his master. I do too! ;)

As I was working on the next post, I realized that there are probably only 2 or 3 more posts depending upon which way I go with the ending. One ending would probably lead to a sequel of sorts and one would not. Still trying to decide. Has anyone got a preference? The next post should be up tomorrow sometime. I'll try and make up my mind while I go to the mall and get my copy of "The Cestus Deception."

22. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Tough choice. I think it depends on how the story would end for Obi.

23. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Depends on how you hook us. If you fish good. Then yo catch us all in the net. If you cant fish. Its fishsticks for you honey.

24. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Jedi_Knight150: Good point. I think I have it worked out though!

beezel26: :D I'll do my best to hook you!

I actually think I have it worked out in my head, but please feel free to offer opinions, I might can be swayed. Thanks again for reading and being so encouraging to me!

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sequal for this one? Oh my, my... now that has possibilities. Especially if her midichlorians do have a tad bit of a nasty affect later on.

Oh please do one if you have the ploty bunny floating about! :D I'd be first in line (well as close to the front as possible hehehe) to read it! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.