main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Ultimate Betrayal JA/AU Author's note 6/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Well, the plot bunny is not only floating around, it's biting! :D But I'm going to get a good start on that teaser I posted first. Anyway, thanks again for reading and for your input.

Here is today's post. Hope you all enjoy!

Part 23:

Qui-Gon sat by Obi-Wan?s bedside, as he once again found himself hypnotized by the rise and fall of his chest and the sound of his soft snoring. <Why do I feel so uneasy about this procedure? I feel the Force warning me, but why?> Qui-Gon?s connection to the Force, especially to the Living Force had always been quite strong. He often found himself listening to the Force instead of the council and so far, the Force had never failed him. He could not say the same for the Jedi Council.

Afina came in and put her hand on Qui-Gon?s shoulder. ?Master TinMar is on his way with the first injection.?

?No. I can not allow Obi-Wan to receive it,? Qui-Gon firmly stated.

Afina removed her hand off his shoulder and then moved in front of him so she could see his face. His jaw was set and his eyes were full of determination, indicating that he was willing to fight anyone who dared to cross him. She also knew Qui-Gon well enough to know that once he had made up his mind, it was nearly impossible to get him to change it.

?Qui-Gon, what?s the matter?? Afina asked.

?The Force is telling me not to let this take place. Something is wrong?terribly wrong.?

?Do you think that maybe you are looking for a reason for Obi-Wan not to have this procedure?? Afina fell into the role of devil?s advocate quite naturally. It was a role, that as a healer, she had been forced to assume many times.

Qui-Gon sighed in frustration at the accusation that Afina was making towards him. ?Of course not! I?m telling you that something is wrong and I can?t allow this procedure to take place.?

Master TinMar entered the room at the end of Qui-Gon?s last statement. ?Did I hear you correctly Master Jinn? You can?t allow this procedure to take place??

Qui-Gon stood up, making himself a barrier between Master TinMar and Obi-Wan. ?That?s what I said. The Force is telling me that this can not happen. There is something wrong and until I receive a peace about it?this procedure will not happen.?

?The decision has been made. I have the first injection right here in my hand. I assure that it is perfectly safe and that Obi-Wan will be perfectly safe.? He truly did not feel like debating this issue again with the overprotective Master. The decision had been made by the council and there was nothing Qui-Gon Jinn could do about it.

?I?m sorry, but having your assurance does not change my feelings about this.? Qui-Gon felt that he was being watched. He turned around to find his padawan, awake and staring at him with eyes full of confusion. ?Padawan, you?re awake.?

Obi-Wan nodded and yawned, muttering incoherently as he was doing so, ?It?s kind of hard to sleep with you two arguing.?

Qui-Gon reached out and stroked his disheveled hair. ?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan. I was just telling Master TinMar that I do not think that the procedure will take place today, young one.?

It had taken a while for Obi-Wan to gather the confidence to do the surgery, now he was being told by his master that it may not happen. ?But Master, I thought??

?The Force is warning me, Obi-Wan. I can not go against the Force and neither can you.? Qui-Gon knew that Obi-Wan truly had hoped that he would be able to use the Force once again without pain and exhaustion.

?But Master, shouldn?t the decision be mine? I mean, I know I have made quite a few bad ones lately but if there is chance of me getting my Force ability back, I should take it.? Obi-Wan did not like disagreeing with his master, especially in front of the others.

?Well said, young one!? TinMar explained. ?See Master Jinn? Your padawan has exhibited great
    wisdom in this decision. He is after all the one who has the most to lose. If he does not go through with this, he will be dismissed from the

2. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Hope the Council and Obi-Wan listen to Qui and the Force before it's too late.

Hopefully Yoda will gain some insight through his meditation and will bring an end to this experiment 'so to speak'.

Wonderful fic - love the master/padawan relationship between Qui and Obi.

~Bek

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I can't wait to see Qui beat the **** out of Mace if something goes wrong. Mace will look like an idot and Qui will get "I told you so" rights till the end of time. I have a bad feeling about this....

4. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I fear it is too late to save Obi-Wan now! :_|

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh... looks like Mace might have lost a friend for a while... poor guy... he's sooo full of the Unifying Force that he can't feel what Qui feels. But hopefully Mace will realize something later on... though I'm sure it's gonna be too late. (Can't have a sequal if it doesn't happen, right? hehehehe)

Good show! Loved the play between Mace and Qui! And when Obi-Wan stops Qui-Gon there! Awsome update! :D :D

6. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Bekah_K: I'm so glad to see you on this board as well! Thank you again for reading and replying to my story--I'm honored.

Jedi_Knight150: A bad feeling indeed...;)

jeday: Don't despair--it's never too late. That's why there are sequels! :D

Kynstar: Yep...Mace is definitely the last person that Qui-Gon wants to see for a while. Thanks for reading--as always I really appreciate it!

7. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Sorry for not being on that much as of late. RL came up and hogged my time as usual and hopefully things'll be back to what's close to normal on my end.

When I read Timar's comment that the filtering system takes care of any active viruses along with the rest, I wanted to nitpick at him about what if something's dormant.

I just can't put it past Li've to have had something lurking that'll flare up down the road.

8. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Sounds like more trouble for Obi is on the way. You're merciless, and I love it. :D

9. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    I`ve got a BOMBAD feeling about this... :D
    Obiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!:_|
    Really great story!! Love it![face_love]

10. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Good post!
    I feel a bit sorry for the both of them, but more Qui-Gon this time. Waiting can be a horrid thing at times.

Well done on this story once again!

SimmiVan ;)

11. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    Hi!
    I've been lurking for quite a while now, but now I really have to say that I love your story!!! =D=

And I agree with my good friend cookietribble: I also have a baaaad feeling about this... [face_peace]

Can't wait for the next post

badpad

12. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Vampi_DigitalWytch: Good to see you back again! Perhaps you should scream the word dormant at TinMar. You win the prize!

Opal: You're merciless, and I love it.
    Thank you! :D

Cookietribble: Thanks for reading. Glad you are enjoying it!

galaxy_goddess: [face_blush]

jinny_badpad: Glad you delurked! Thanks for reading--hope you continue to enjoy it!

A special thanks to everyone who is reading this story. I appreciate it so much! I also want to thank those who nominated me for Best New Author in the Before the Saga era. I am overwhelmed and very surprised. [face_blush] Now, I need your help, once again. I need to submit a quote from this story 90 words or less. Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences from this story? Thanks for your help and a new post will be up later this evening.

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey I thought the section where Qui comes back and confronts Obi (where Obi's sickness starts to worsen) looks to be a good part. But that's juz my opinion.

:D Enjoying this totally!! Can't wait for more :D :D

14. Cookietribble

Jun 3, 2004
    Hmm...a quote? [face_thinking]
    I`m with Kynstar on the section where Qui confronts Obi... (Poor Obi;))
    Or a part from somewhere at the beginning where Qui treats Obi so cold and doesn`t tell him why he doesn`t want him to be with Li`ve![face_devil]
    Hey-a cliffhanger`s always good!;)

Post later tonight?? Can`t wait!!! *bouncingaround*

Cookietribble

15. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    Woohoo!! Congats on that nom, jm2. You're certainly one of my favorite new authors.

I gotta go with Kynstar on the quote piece. That moment was really the peak of the story before everything just unravelled for our Jedi boys and captures the the whole tone of the story quite nicely.

16. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: I liked that part as well--it was fun to write! Glad you are still enjoying this so much!

Cookietribble: Thanks for your suggestion. I'm glad that you are enjoying this story and I really appreciate you reading it. Post is coming up! :D

Opal: [face_blush] What a sweet thing to say! Thank you!

Thank you all for reading. Here is the next post. I do appreciate your patience. This one will probably be the only one this weekend thanks to DRL! That will just give me time to make the last chapter of this story a good one and to make plans for the sequel!

Part 24:

Obi-Wan managed to sleep for a few hours before he was awakened by the sensation of a small prick in his arm. He opened his eyes to find Afina standing over him drawing blood from him. He assumed she would use the sample to check his midichlorian count. He looked over to the figure in the chair next to him to find his master sound asleep, snoring lightly. Obi-Wan smiled at Afina, his eyes having a mischievous glint. ?What did you do? Drug him??

?Don?t think for a minute that I haven?t considered the possibility. However, this time I think exhaustion won out; he fell asleep about an hour ago.? Afina placed the sample of blood that would be analyzed into a sterile container. She then turned her attention back to the young padawan. ?How are you feeling??

?Okay, I guess. I don?t really feel any different yet. I?m really not sure how I?m supposed to feel to be truthful. Will I be able to tell anything?? Master TinMar had been so anxious about doing the procedure that he did not tell Obi-Wan what he should expect. Obi-Wan?s feelings and emotions had been so confusing to him lately. They had betrayed him earlier and he did not wish that to happen again.

?From what I understand Obi-Wan, you should be able to tell a difference when you access the force. As your count increases, you should also be able to feel its presence just like you used to. One day soon, you will once again glow in the force as you did once before. Knowing you, your light will be brighter and stronger than ever before.? Afina smiled at Obi-Wan, patting him gently on the leg. ?I?ll let you know how everything looks when I get the results back.?

Obi-Wan nodded as he watched Afina leave. He lay his head back on the pillow and studied his master as he continued to sleep. He was glad that Qui-Gon was getting some rest. Obi-Wan did not like to be the constant source of stress that was apparently starting to take its toll on his master, even though Qui-Gon would never admit it. Saying that Obi-Wan was anxious about the whole procedure would have been an incredible understatement. He thought back earlier to Qui-Gon?s adamant refusal to allow Obi-Wan to have the procedure. His master?s instincts were very seldom wrong and Obi-Wan respected them. <Except for when it came to Master Namow, > Obi-Wan reminded himself.

He shook himself out of his reverie, turning his attention back to his master. Obi-Wan noticed Qui-Gon?s disheveled hair, noting for the first time how much his hair had grayed. It had always carried a hint of gray, but over the years, it had become more prominent. <It makes him look more distinguished, > Obi-Wan thought as he smiled.

Caught off guard by a sudden sharp pain in his head, he closed his eyes and drew a quick breath in. He felt something tingle inside his head as if something were trying to wake up. Obi-Wan realized that the sensation he was feeling was from the previously silent Master/Padawan bond. The hope of having his master in his head once again made the blinding pain seem insignificant. The sudden disruption and the feeling of pain jolted Qui-Gon awake. ?Padawan? Are you all right??

Obi-Wan opened his eyes slowly to find his master hovering over him, concern etched in his tired features. ?Yes, master. I felt something along our bond but I?m not sure what it was.?

Qui-Gon?s worry slowly dissipated as a slight smile came over his face. ?I heard what you said about my hair.

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Srnk* the gray makes him more distinguished! hehehe that was sweet hehehe

Force still warning Qui, eh? Ummm hopefully they'll be able to stop/fix whatever is going to happen. Scary not knowing what it is...

Great post! Sleeping Qui! ;) hehehe [face_love] teddy bear Qui! :D

18. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    That was great!!! =D=

Master's getting gray... hahaha, that's sooo cute!! [face_love] [face_blush]

Love the pic of a snoring Qui... always assumed that he snores... ;)

There will be a sequel?! Now THAT'S good news!! :D

Thanks for the great chap!

19. Cookietribble

Jun 3, 2004
    Great Post!!!
    Gray hair? :D
    And I like that he isn`t angry!!! He`s soooo cute!!!
    *tries to run away from the angry " we love Liam"- Fanclub who`s trying to kill any potential rival...*(or should I say...Mob?..Lunatics???) [face_devil]

okay...pleeeaaase don`t kill me...I love Liam...Like a big Teddy, I mean!!!! *runrun*

Keep up the great work!! Love your story!!
    Cookietribble ;)

20. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: :D Glad you enjoy it! Go cuddle up with your teddy bear Qui! ;)

jinny_badpad: Thank you! I'm so glad you are reading my story. I really appreciate it!

Cookietribble: No need to run, I like Liam too! :D

Next post won't be up until sometime Monday. Sorry! :( Spent today with my youngling at Boy Scout Camp. Had a lot of fun, but I'm just a little tired. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

21. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    What did our little Sith witch do to Obi now? :_|

22. Cookietribble

Jun 3, 2004
    Oooooobiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!! :_|

23. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Opal: It will become clear very soon!

Cookietribble: There, there, it will be all right. (Not really, but I thought I'd try and make you feel better.)

Thank you all for your patience. The next post should be up later this evening. Sometimes DRL just doesn't give an inch. This post will be the last chapter of this story, but never fear, the sequal is in the works!

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Snuggles with Teddy Qui* Keep me company during all this angst!!

The last chappy? Oh my... well I am most glad to hear you are doing the sequal! :D :D Can't wait for it! But alas I'll have to wait until the end of this one first of course! *Squeezes Teddy Qui gently* More angst!!! Oh my!!!

;)

25. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    This post will be the last chapter of this story

[face_worried]

Uh-oh. Something bad is going to happen to Obi, I just know it. Poor Obi! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.