main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ultimate Editions: Discussing Changes to Possible Upcoming Releases of the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth-Vengence, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I, in my complete nerdiness, actually looked at the Atlas in a Barnes and Noble tonight while I was waiting to pick up my dinner next door...

I saw the image. I think it looks way nicer than the Galaxy image, and makes more sense. Although something about the image looks familiar. I agree with the post mentioned above-(even though I couldn't get that link to work) I think this MAY be a promotional retouched image.

I would hope it's for the Blu-Ray release, but I don't know...[face_thinking] ...I suspect it's a promotional image...

2. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    I really want to see this image.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Same here.

4. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    Are you all referring to the nebula out the window as Luke and Leia stand looking out it?

The one with an actual photo of one of the red-pink nebulas in the Milky Way? It's a promo.

5. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Well, here is the picture that I was referring to, which unfortunately sounds as if it the promotional picture you guys have been talking about. It makes me wonder why they would create this image with a nebula as opposed to the galaxy in the background. I wonder if they were originally planning to go this route or what? I really wish they would switch it to this image, because I vastly prefer this to the version in the film, which is one of the only things about TESB that bothers me.

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/img0276ey.jpg/

6. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    Sorry that previous link didn't work - that picture you linked to is the same one though, ie one of the original TESB promo images.

I don't rightly know why they added that nebula to the picture though. Perhaps they just thought something like that worked better at different scales and in the different contexts the image would be seen. Or maybe the retouching was done before the final 'galaxy' effects had been done, so they didn't have access to the final frame, just an empty window, and had to add in an appropriate looking space phenomenon.

7. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    i dont know if this is for everyone but when i clicked on that link i started getting a bunch of pops ups. The screen was showing that dumb thing that says "you have a virus. scanning computer now to find it" or something like that. I couldn't close page without doing the crl alt delete.

I'm using a new lap top that has no virus so just watch out just in case. (the link did take me to a picture of ESB though.. but like i said the virus pop up thing showed up right when the ESB photo showed up too)

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Here it is:

[image=http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5807/img0276ey.jpg]

9. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Although I doubt that will be changed, I must say I do like that better....

10. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    Yeah that's the one I was talking about. It's a promotional still photograph.

11. darkjedi

darkjedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    While reading the Behind The Magic: ESB book, I've read that they spent an entire day filming Han's torture scenes. It gives the impression that there was more filmed than what we see. Add that to the deleted scenes that I'd like to see.

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Don't know if this was brought up elsewhere, but does anyone know if it's been said how the deleted scenes will be featured in the Blu-Ray release? Will they be on seperate disks or integrated into the movie (a la the DVDs or Lord of the Rings) or is it all speculation? Thanks [face_peace]

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I?m guessing on a separate disc, as part of the special features.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    While the nebula makes more sense (If the rebels could just hide outside the galaxy, why did they need to keep finding bases within the Imperial-controlled galaxy?) I prefer the shot of the galaxy. It's a beautiful shot and ends the movie perfectly.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's just that it's spinning way too fast.

16. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Wasn't that meant to be the Rishi Maze?

17. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

I thought the rishi maze wasnt even an idea until AOTC...am I wrong?

Either way i looks way too much like a full galaxy to me to be something like the rishi maze to me...

18. charlize-sheen

charlize-sheen Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2011
    The best edition would be one with NO PREQUELS IN IT!!!!!

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    For someone who hates the prequels, you sure do like to talk about them. No need to deny/hide your huge love for them.

20. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

Well, I guess it's a good thing for you that the SW blu-rays are being released also as separate trilogies then...;)

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He'll still end up buying the six film boxset, just like the vast majority of people who "hate" the prequels.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    'Nuff said.

[image=http://www.visualhollywood.com/movies/ocean-13/pics/ocean-13-038.jpg]

23. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    I always heard it as wealth. But I can see the reason for the confusion. My experience with misheard or misspoken lines is far worse.

In TPM Qui-Gon has a line: Are you brainless? You almost got us killed."

I heard it as: Are you brainless? You ruined my Scottish kilt."

For about a year I was convinced that was the line. It made no sense of course and to make it worse, Neeson's Irish accent was easy for me to understand since I'm Irish too. OK I was 14 at the time but still, I wondered when the Scots invaded the GFFA :oops:

As for changes, one that I know won't happen but I would like to see is in ROTS. I'd like the Yoda/Sidious duel and the Kenobi/Vader duel to be separated. I'd like the Yoda duel to happen first in it's entirety and then at the end, Sidious says "I sense Lord Vader is in danger" and we cut to Padme's ship approaching Mustafar and play out the entire Mustafar duel hopefully with a bit more banter between them as they fight.

24. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    FUNNY

25. lukash

lukash Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2011
    The best change Luacas could make is to stop milking these films. Hes gredier than a Mos Eisley car salesman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.