1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Ultimate Fantasy Community (A Flagship RPG - Open to All)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LightSide_Apprentice, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2002
    star 4
    Winston

    Oh, gods below. Now the local yokel was questioning him about magic. It was always the same when someone found out you were a wizard, even if in Winston's case you were dead. 'Oh great wizard, heal my sick cow. Oh wizard, divine for me the future. Great one, can you spare some magic to make me a better fighter?'

    "Isn't it obvious?" replied Winston shortly. "I was a necromancer."

    Truthfully he'd studied all the arts but had had an affinity for necromantic magic even before he died.Passing into the afterlife had given his abilities a boost, though.

    [TAG Peng, D-E]

  2. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 14, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: Okay-dokey, I am leaving this.

    Reason? In terms of enjoyment, imagination and creativity directed at this game, regrettably, I am flat-lining.
    Plus, fresh involvement in another RPG is threatening to crowd out some things out.

    I may seek permission to return in the future, especially if magic comes online.
  3. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Voren?kaa
    Alleyway outside Bear?s Rest, Manrenthain

    Strange peoples, these ones. Voren?kaa scolded himself for getting involved in the struggles of such clearly unholy foreigners. He had saved their lives and yet they pursued him as if he was the criminal? He could almost sense their suspicion, their fear, their unnatural desire to spare lives even when dealing with the lowest individuals, such as those who had disgraced themselves in that bar. Why should a drunkard not perish for his crime of alcohol? Contaminate yourself with such poison and it is a mercy to both yourself and those around you if you are executed swiftly and without hesitation. Obviously, though, in this city of men, the corrupted inhabitants had other ideas.

    As Voren?kaa burst into the alley, he felt a horrible sensation momentarily pass through his body, a stench of evil and darkness that clung onto him for but a split second, gone so quickly that he wondered whether it had ever been there at all. But he had no time to ponder such things, and he had experienced far stranger in his time. The only choice now was simple: wall or alley? As a lizardman, he had the agility to climb up a wall easily, and he doubted the Knights behind him, in all their heavy, cumbersome armour, would be able to do the same. He shot up the wall, climbing up with superhuman dexterity, and climbing over the top.

    Tag: YoungAngus, -Jeb
  4. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    May 7, 2005
    star 5
    OOC- Jeb told me via PM that he was leaving.

    IC Maximus Marcellus Leonius
    IOutside the Bear's Rest, Manrenthain

    Maximus stayed a body length behind the Reptile Beast. The tip of its tail rubbed against Maximus' thigh as the two ran through the alley. Maximus had yet to use his sword through the night, the tip had been free of blood shed. Maximus questioned if it would remain that way through the night.

    The large Reptile jumped up onto a wall and climbed over with awe-inspiring agility. Maximus leapt into the air and hit the wall with a loud THUD. He wrapped his fingers around the edge of the top of the wall. He dangled a foot or two from above the ground and tried to pull himself up and over. His armor weighed him down, and his fingers burned from tightly gripping the stone wall. He used his legs to help himself climb over.

    The beast had made it over with such ease, and Maximus stopped his momentum to struggle to scale the wall. When he leapt over the other side of the edge, he drew his sword. Maximus scanned the horizon. It was completly black out save a few torches providing light for the roads.

    Maximus feared he had lost. He feared that this vicious killer was now on the loose within Manrenthain. It had slaughtered nearly all within the Bear's Rest and now who knew what it would do. He quietly walked forward, keeping alert and trying to catch site of the scaled reptile once more.

    TAG-Winged.
  5. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Voren?kaa
    Alleyway outside Bear?s Rest, Manrenthain

    Deep in the heart of the Chagrakan desert, oh so far away, Voren'kaa would run along those ancient rocks, his scales gliding along the rough, beaten rock with such grace and speed it were as if he was treading on silk. He would feel the red heat on his feet, and watch below, for the predators who lurked into those shadowy passes, hiding in the grey dusts, waiting to murder and steal from any unfortunate traveller. And Voren'kaa would watch, and watch, and wait...and then fall! Fall into those depths to confront those wretches, with flashes of silver steel and snarled curses, while the wind whispered around their ears, and the sand rose into their faces.

    This, then, was a very familiar situation. The lizardman stalked along the top of the wall, gazing down at the armoured Knight, who stood there alone, sword drawn, peering into the darkness, knowing he had lost his prey. Voren'kaa reflected upon this. Perhaps this was not, after all, the honourable course of action. He could not put this right through words, as he did not know the man's tongue...but he did know that actions may sometimes speak louder than words alone. From his perch in the shadows, he made a loud hissing noise in his reptilian way, to get the young Knight's attention.

    Tag: YoungAngus
  6. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 6
    El Asali

    Asali smiled, grimly.

    "A sad fate. I, too, am doomed to wander Mother Nature." he said. "Skinwalkers are not welcome in many lands."

    He picked up his cloak again, slipping it over his shoulders. He reached out with his hand, awkwardly. This was how the one-skin men greeted each other, was it not?

    Tag: Livi-Wan
  7. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2002
    star 4
    Winston

    The zombie reached out to accept the stranger's hand, then hesitated and drew back.

    "I'm afraid I can't shake your hand." he replied. "My wrist stitches can be quite fragile, and you're a big lad..."

    Sewing limbs back on was so tiresome. In the end it was better not to shake hands at all.

    [TAG Peng, D-E]
  8. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 22, 2001
    star 4
    Imperial_Hammer

    Twilight (Before Dawn)

    Assembly Hall, Wesrah'das Abbey, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    As Mezzanie made her way into the large assembly hall, she could see it already full with many of the women in the Church. Where was Misty? Or Lissel? Her close friends would know what was going on. Where the heck were they?

    Mezzanie maneverered through the crowd, listening to the voices of the women as they talked intensly about what had happened. Investigation. Mother Superior. Murder. Invasion. All sorts of words were being thrown around, and the chaos was palpable. She really needed to find someone she could talk to.

    She caught sight of Lissel, but her attention was shattered as she heard her own name called out. "Mezzanie?" A man's voice. "Where?" Firm, no-nonsense. Uh oh. Two men were heading directly toward her, their expressions stern. If there was any hope of her escaping, it was now.



    hitokiri-black, PulsarSkate

    Given the slight lapse in this scenario, I have developed an extended update, which reveals where we were at last, and includes additions for the present. Apologies for the length, and the delay.

    Earlier ...

    Twilight (Before Nightfall)

    Barracks, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    "The reason I'm here is that I've been a fighter all my life, and this is the only place that would suit a girl like me," said Kitlin Ronin, quoting almost verbatum what her father had said to her not two years ago. "What about you Jace? Are you a lost cause to the role of wifery and motherdom as I am?" Kit asked with a cheeky grin.

    There was a meek knock at their door, followed by a muffled voice. "May I come in?" called a hesitant visitor. Jacelyn Notae exchanged a glance with her female companion and new found friend, but before either of them could utter a word, the door unlocked and opened slowly. So much for them finishing their conversation.

    Kitlin could not recognise their visitor, for the being was wore a heavy, brown peasant's cloak, with an oversized hood, and lengthly sleeves, which revealed it as a man's garb. It clothed someone who definitely was not a man, however.

    Perhaps it was no surprise to either Kit or Jace, then, to watch as the being raised two slender hands to pull back the hood, and reveal herself as Liylnia Symoina, a young messanger of Manrenthain, a courier of sorts, and, if rumour were true, both a spy and a theif.

    Golden hair spilled freely to rest upon her shoulders as she looked up at the two females who were accepted among the Knights of Manrenthain , or, at least, as close as a female could be to being openly accepted among men who were proud and bold and, as often as not, rather arrogant. Liylnia's bright blue eyes shone with curiosity that constrasted sharply with the shy flush of her cheeks.

    "I meant no intrusion," she said quickly, bowing her head. She looked toward the ground and hesitated, before she gathered enough courage to step forward and look up toward her elders once more. "There has been a--" Liylnia's blone eyebrows furrowed and her pink lips moisted nervously as she considered exactly what it was she was supposed to be reporting. Or, not reporting, if truth be told.

    "I heard," she continued slowly, "that you will be going out tomorrow. Going away." Her frown shifted and her expression became one of concern, discarding her attempt to find the right words. "The captain means to send you far away, never to return!" Her words came out in such a rush of emotion as she ran toward Kitlin that it was all she could do to cover her tears as she hugged the female fighter, and cried.

    "I don't want you to go. Promise me you won't go!" Liylnia pleaded.

    And as Kitlin was left to find a way to comfort the young girl, Jacelyn noticed the parchment that fell from the inner depths of the girl's garb. She moved to acq
    />
  9. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 22, 2001
    star 4
    Saber_Leader, Darth_Vaders_cousin, Thok

    Night (Midnight)

    Golden Sun, Quandanlore, Callanthorith

    It was past midnight and Cayrn Stormbringer had been out way past his bedtime. He would need to return home, which was exactly where he was headed when he crossed the road near the Golden Sun, a popular tavern within the merchant city of Quandanlore. As he walked through the street, however, a patron exiting the tavern caught his attention.

    Cayrn recognised the man easily enough. It was Jaminon, a very successful merchant. The man had lived in Callanthorith for as long as Cayrn could remember, and, as far as he knew, the merchant's location of preference was indeed the Trade City.

    "Hello, master Cayrn," the merchant called out. "A good evening to you, dear boy!"

    There was something awkward about the man's tone, and his measure of speech. He seemed to slur his words. No doubt he had become intimately acquainted with some of the Golden Sun's house wine before leaving the establishment. Jaminon laughed and waved merrily as he stumbled along toward Cayrn; the merchant walked as if trying to balance himself while the earth quaked.

    Obviously poor Jaminon had had a fair amount to drink during his stay at the Golden Sun. But other than his demenor, something did not sit well with Cayrn. The thought of a weathier man such as Jaminon walking alone in the streets at this time of night did not seem like the most safe of situations. Reaching out to the old man as he gently walked towards him, Cayrn took the man and steadied him as he adjusted his footing once again.

    "Are you alright Jaminon? Do you need some help getting home?"

    "Never better!" Jaminon rested his right hand on Cayrn's shoulder for support. He slumped a little before he pulled himself up. "I on my way," he said, grinning stupidly. Then, without further word, he fell onto Cayrn and started mumbling something about counting coins of gold.



    exodus411

    Nightfall (Before Midnight)

    City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    For eight years Sorin roamed as a warrior without a cause, conquering every enemy in his path. Finally, an epiphany came to him, and he realised that his meaningless existence was bringing no sense of vengeance or redemption to him, his family, or his kingdom. With this newfound clarity, he set out for one of the largest human cities in the land, hoping to find answers and a meaningful life among his own kin.

    He knew that the City of Men awaited him to the east, just beyond the village, and the river. It would not take him very long to reach its walls, but, even so, Sorin knew his arrival would signify the middle of the night. The dead of night. There was something about that hour that sent chills through the spines of many, for the stories of the creatures and things that lurked about in the darkest cycle of the day.

    Dressed in a dark black garb and appearing an integral part of the night himself there seemed more chance of Sorin causing fear, as opposed to feeling it himself. And yet life had a way of surprising people.

    Sorin passed through the quiet village street largely unnoticed. He was well on his way toward the river and the bridge that led to Manrenthain when he thought he heard voices up ahead. Only he had not thought anything at all. He really did hear voices ahead of him, at the bridge he was soon to cross.

    />
  10. exodus411 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2003
    star 4
    Sorin

    Nightfall (Before Midnight)

    City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith


    The depths of night had a way of striking fear into many of the bravest souls alive. Something about the blackness and the eerie feeling that came with it could unnerve giants and make orcs cower in their holes. It was not so for Sorin though. He had lived a more adventurous life than many that were alive today, and over the course of time, he had forgotten what fear felt like.

    The Prince had thrown himself at death many times before; fear was a foreign thing to him.

    He crept from shadow to shadow, moving between the small buildings of the village as silent as death. When Sorin got close enough to hear the voices clearly and discern what they were saying, he waited with his spear at the ready, intent on scouting out the territory and finding out who in the Hells would be having a conversation at such a late hour.


    Tag: LSA
  11. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 22, 2001
    star 4
    Dark-Enigma, Livi-Wan, Penguinator-176, exodus411

    Night (Midnight)

    Western Outskirts, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    It had been an interesting night, really. First T'aren found himself passing the Bear's Rest, within which there was an especially nasty brawl. And, now, he was observing a zombie and what looked a lot like a druid or shaman. He had come out from the city proper, along its western outskirts when he stopped near the river. That was before he found himself engaged in dialogue with a creature that was undead.

    This was interesting. A zombie, no longer living, who was a Wizard in the previous life. T'aren himself had always been interested in magick as a child, but he could never get nigh learning a spell. So he just stuck with what came natural, and that was being a Knight.

    Ziphara began to retreat, attempting to fool T'aren. But he tugged the reins slightly, causing her to halt her backshuffle. "A Wizard?" T'aren said with a hint of fascination in his voice. "That is interesting. What kind of magick did you practice?

    "Isn't it obvious?" replied Winston shortly. "I was a necromancer."

    Asali smiled grimly as he heard those words. "A sad fate. I, too, am doomed to wander Mother Nature," he said. "Skinwalkers are not welcome in many lands." He picked up his cloak again, slipping it over his shoulders. And, as he approached the zombie he reached out with his hand, awkwardly. This was how the one-skin men greeted each other, was it not?

    The zombie reached out to accept the stranger's hand, then hesitated and drew back. "I'm afraid I can't shake your hand," Winston replied. "My wrist stitches can be quite fragile, and you're a big lad..."

    So El Asali just stood there, all the more awkwardly. At least until he realised something was approaching from behind him. It came as a whisper along the winds, a scent, a sensation.

    The newcomer appeared to be a stranger in these parts. He wore black and carried a spear, which was held at the ready. Other weapons were evidently in his possession, some of which remained concealed. Whether he might be friend or foe was anyone's guess.

  12. Thok Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 24, 2002
    star 6
    Cayrn Stormbringer

    Quandanlore, Callanthorith

    The olderman was obviously intoxicated to the point he could not even balance himself while standing still. As he fell over into Cayrn's arms, Jaminon began to mumble about coins. There was no way he would be able to make it home safe, thus there was no other choice. Putting his arm around Jaminons back, Cayrn braced the old man and stood up, bearing most of the weight on himself.

    "Come now Jaminon, its time to get you home and to bed."

    Taking one step at a time, Cayrn was now the human crutch for the weathly merchant, making sure that he was able to make it home safe and in once piece without being robbed, mugged, killed, or falling asleep in a gutter.


    Tag: LSA, Saber_Leader, Darth_Vaders_Cousin
  13. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2002
    star 4
    Winston

    Winston looked arouund at this new arrival. Hooded, beweaponed, and a spear at the ready. He must have really annoyed the dark ones at his last summoning to be inflicted with so many problems. If that blade was spelled... well, he could kiss goodbye to his afterlife.

    Quietly, the zombie tried to bring to mind the words for a witch-fire, the blue flame that burned mortals but was fairly safe to those no longer alive. He waited to see what his companions would do.

    [TAG D-E, Peng, exodus]
  14. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 6
    El Asali

    At the arrival of the hooded man, Asali turned.

    This was not going to go well. People like this new man had hunted him, driven him away from his home. Well, not like this man. This man could be good or evil.

    Time would tell.

    Tag: Livi-Wan, others
  15. exodus411 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2003
    star 4
    Sorin

    Night (Midnight)

    Western Outskirts, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith


    "I'm afraid I can't shake your hand," replied the queer fellow, "My wrist stitches can be quite fragile, and you're a big lad..." Truly, this one was an odd one. Sorin silently observed from the shadows, taking in these three, and noting their unique characteristics. One was clearly a Knight, what with his horse and all, another seemed to be some sort of druid........and then the strange, stiched one. Sorin had heard him say that he had been a necromancer......which automatically made him extremely dangerous, no matter what his physical appearance was. Sorin realized that while on his guard as he was, he looked very imposing, and was likely making these three very anxious.

    He said nothing, just continued to advance, though he did let his guard down, or so it seemed. So skilled was he with his weapons that even when he walked casually he could explode into his dance of death at a moment's notice.

    The Prince still wondered why these three were out so late, but he made no move to ask. He had no business here with them........or did he? Did he really even have business in Manrenthain? He was a Prince with out a kingdom, doomed to wander the world. Would going to the City of Men really even make a difference?

    As he pondered these questions, he raised a cautious hand and continued on straight toward them, still anticipating an attack. Years in the wilds of the world had taught him never to trust anything or anyone strange. He would wait and let them have the first word and first action.


    Tag: Darth_Enigma, Penguinator, Livi-Wan, LSA(if needed)
  16. hitokiri-black Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 8, 2005
    star 1
    IC: Jacelyn Notae
    Female Barracks, Manrenthain

    Something about the sobbing girl struck her as strange...it could have been her nerves, or just pure fantasy, however she couldn't let the feeling slip away. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she pushed the childish suspicion to a corner of her brain and looked over to her room mate.

    The girl's wailing had abated for a while only to start up once again, growing in magnitude. This also grated at her nerves; not being the best with crying people of any age. So she decided that maybe it was her turn to offer up whatever non-exist comforting skills she had to calm the girl down and give Kitlin time to sort out the note. Placing a warm smile on her face she leaned over and offered the girl something to drink.

    She walked towards the kitchen area, glancing back to see if Liylnia had followed, and started about to make a simple tea that she had learned for a friend of hers. With the girl soon tucked into the spare bunk, Jace watched Liylnia for a while before turning towards Kitlin with a curious look on her face.

    "What do you think?" She asked, leaving the specifics of the question open.

    Tag: PuslerSkate, LSA

    OOC: Sorry about the late post. DLR is being a bigger problem then it was a few weeks ago.
  17. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Mezzanie Ti
    Location: Assembly Hall, Wesrah'das Abbey, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    Mezzanie gritted her teeth as she got jostled a bit more by the crowd.

    "Hey!" she said as two temple priestesses bumped into her. Their thin bodies were tossed more than most by the wild crowd. Insignificant waifs, they should watch where they were going.

    Why they were all here was entirely beyond her. She could see Lissel just beyond the wall of women that had gotten in her way. Bah! The Hall was plenty big when the Mother Superior did mass in it every weekend! It just seemed everyone wanted to be at the same place at the same time.

    The priestess smiled at a mischevious thought. She wished she could just levitate the group up and out of the way. And she really could too. It would just take a flick of the staff.....

    Ah, but it was a serious offense to use magic on fellow priestesses of the order... even in jest. A priestess never defiles another priestess by acting against her. Mezzanie took a deep breath and asked the Goddess for patience. She would make it through this, divinely willing.

    Suddenly, she heard her name called out by a man's voice. And then another! Whaaat was going on here? How did these people know her name? She didn't know any members of the Manrenthian Guard. Or at least, Mezzanie didn't think so. And she got more than a little nervous when she saw the two stern men in armor march towards her, very much so bent on interdicting her.

    Mezzanie stood, defiant in her nightdress, raising her staff defensively. She realized she probably looked pretty ridiculous, but she tried not to let it get to her. She flared a bit of holy magic around the staff tip, making it sparkle in a white aura. The women around her backed off and away quite quickly then, as any sort of magic, especially in close quarters can be quite dangerous.

    The fiesty priestess looked out at her very potential foes. She had taken muscle-heads like them before. But she really hoped she wouldn't have to. She was determined to do what she needed to.

    "I'm Mezzanie" she said gruffly, flaring her staff for effect. "Who are you and what do you want with me?"

    TAG: LSA
  18. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Jul 15, 2002
    star 6
    Mod tested, GM Approved. ;)

    Name: Elisabeth (Lisbeth) Carter

    Species (Lifeform): Human

    Gender: Female

    Age:
    17

    Faction (Allegiance):
    Humanfolk

    Home:
    Manrenthain

    Place of Birth:
    Manrenthain
  19. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 22, 2001
    star 4
    Thok (Saber_Leader, Darth_Vaders_cousin)

    Night (Midnight)

    Golden Sun, Quandanlore, Callanthorith

    As he fell over into Cayrn's arms, Jaminon began to mumble about coins. There was no way he would be able to make it home safe, thus there was no other choice. Putting his arm around Jaminon's back, Cayrn braced the old man and stood up, bearing most of the weight on himself.

    "Come now Jaminon, it's time to get you home and to bed."

    Taking one step at a time, Cayrn was now the human crutch for the weathly merchant, making sure that he was able to make it home safe and in once piece without being robbed, mugged, killed, or falling asleep in a gutter.

    It was an effort, but not a wasted one. They reached the merchant's home after midnight. Jaminon fumbled with his keys and required some assistance from his companion. And, then they were inside. Cayrn helped Jaminon into the house and left the man to sleep and recover.

    There was a partially concealed, heavy chest at the man's beside. Cayrn noticed it, and could only imagine that the keys to the same chest were on the very set the merchant used to get into his home. As successful as Jaminon was it was likely the chest housed considerable wealth or valuable possessions.



    hitokiri-black, PulsarSkate

    Nightfall (Approaching Midnight)

    I've adopted Kitlin for the time being. Hopefully PulsarSkate will return to us.

    Barracks, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    Kitlin was quite unsure of what to make of it all. The letter obviously seemed important to someone. "I don't know," Kit said slowly. "That name--Regneroth--it sounds ..." Her words trailed off and her gaze grew distant. "Where have I heard it before?" she wondered aloud. She frowned then and looked up at Jacelyn.

    "What was Liylnia doing with it?" she asked. Curious, she wondered who might be meeting at Wesrah'das Abbey and what their intentions might be. Perhaps it was something worth investigating. But, if they were to be sent away as Liylnia feared there was no hope they would uncover the significance of the letter.



    Imperial_Hammer

    Twilight (Before Dawn)

    Assembly Hall, Wesrah'das Abbey, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    Mezzanie stood, defiant in her nightdress, raising her staff defensively. She realised she probably looked pretty ridiculous, but she tried not to let it get to her. She flared a bit of holy magic around the staff tip, making it sparkle in a white aura. The women around her backed off and away quite quickly then, as any sort of magic, especially in close quarters can be quite dangerous.

    The fiesty priestess looked out at her very potential foes. She had taken muscle-heads like them before. But she really hoped she wouldn't have to. She was determined to do what she needed to.

    "I'm Mezzanie," she said gruffly, flaring her staff for effect. "Who are you and what do you want with me?"

    One of the men slowed, hesitating at the sight of the magical staff. The other, older, and more intimidating in his manner, continued to approach. He stopped a mere metre from the tip of Mezzanie's staff, and said, "Madam, come with us." His expression and tone were firm, though no obvious intention to cause the woman harm seemed evident.

    He waved his hand to indicate an adjacent corridor, one that was cleared while the priestesses were being gathered in the assembly hall. And, he waited for Mezzanie to cooperate.



    Handmaiden_Yane (Dark-Enigma, Livi-Wan, Penguinator-176, exodus411)

    Night (Midnight)

    Western Outskirts, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    It was getting very late and Elisabeth almost never worked this late outside of a special occassion. What had begun as a busy day at work snowballed into a day of mayhem. Patrons at the inn came in groups and clusters, sometimes a dozen at a time. Those />/>/>
  20. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Mezzanie Ti
    Location: Assembly Hall, Wesrah'das Abbey, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    Mezzanie narrowed her eyes at the elder, more experienced looking guard. The man was obviously not threatened by her staff.... which was not good for her. She really wasn't that intimidating physically, which didn't bode well against the rough and tumble guards. The man came right up to her staff, glaring it down.

    "Madam, come with us." the guard said in a very stern voice. He certainly didn't seem like he was fooling around. Mezzanie sighed on the inside. Her bluff was called and she really couldn't do anything about it.

    The guard waved his hand to indicate an adjacent corridor, one that was cleared while the priestesses were being gathered in the assembly hall.


    The priestess lowered her staff and slammed the bottom of it forcefully on the ground out of frustration. She hated being in this position, bossed around by these outsiders.

    "Alright, alright." she said, holding her hands up in frustration. "Lets just get this over with."

    The woman walked over the corridor in a huff and waited to be lead wherever she needed to be.

    TAG: GM
  21. Thok Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 24, 2002
    star 6
    Cayrn Stormbringer

    Jaminon's House - Quandanlore, Callanthorith

    Cayrn's eyes wandered downwards to the chest on the floor. For a brief moment, his thoughts wandered, giving rise to the temptation of taking the old merchant's money. Yet after only a brief moment, he shook off those thoughts knowning that they were not choices he would make. Pulling the covers over the man's chest, Cayrn stepped back from the man's bed.

    "Do you need anything else sir before i retire for the night?"


    Tag: LSA

    OOC: Almost two months!!! :p
  22. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 22, 2001
    star 4
    Imperial_Hammer

    Twilight (Before Dawn)

    Assembly Hall, Wesrah'das Abbey, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    The priestess lowered her staff and slammed the bottom of it forcefully on the ground out of frustration. She hated being in this position, bossed around by these outsiders. "Alright, alright," she said, holding her hands up in frustration. "Let's just get this over with."

    The woman walked through the corridor in a huff and waited to be led wherever she needed to be.

    "Where were you the evening and night just passed?" the older Knight asked, as he joined Mezzanie within the adjacent corridor. "What were you doing within the Abbey between your return from afar, until that time before you slept?"

    Each of the Knight's questions were well placed, and defined as a product from the interviews he had conducted with other priestesses. His time had certainly not been spent idle.



    Thok

    Night (Midnight)

    Golden Sun, Quandanlore, Callanthorith

    It was an effort, but not a wasted one. They reached the merchant's home after midnight. Jaminon fumbled with his keys and required some assistance from his companion. And, then they were inside. Cayrn helped Jaminon into the house and left the man to sleep and recover.

    There was a partially concealed, heavy chest at the man's beside. Cayrn noticed it, and could only imagine that the keys to the same chest were on the very set the merchant used to get into his home. As successful as Jaminon was it was likely the chest housed considerable wealth or valuable possessions.

    Cayrn's eyes wandered downwards to the chest on the floor. For a brief moment, his thoughts wandered, too, giving rise to the temptation of taking the old merchant's money. Yet after only a brief moment, he shook off those thoughts knowning that they were not choices he would make. Pulling the covers over the man's chest, Cayrn stepped back from the man's bed.

    "Do you need anything else sir before I retire for the night?"

    Cayrn received a long, drawn out snore in response, followed by some mumbling, and another series of snores. It was after midnight and Jaminon was well into his slumber. Given the hour it seemed only sensible that Cayrn seek some sleep, too. There was no telling what tomorrow would bring.



    Thok, I was hoping that even if someone noticed they wouldn't say anything :p I know it's no excuse, but I had hoped some of the other members of our little community would join in. It's fairly clear that they may not, however, which is why we're proceeding without them. And, of course, I have been otherwise occupied with various little and not so little projects of my own. But, as they say, the show must go on ;)
    />/>
  23. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Mezzanie Ti
    Location: Assembly Hall, Wesrah'das Abbey, City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith

    Mezzanie walked along very unhappily. Who did these men think they were, treating her like this? She would definitely lodge a compaint about their disrespect the first moment that she could.

    "Where were you the evening and night just passed?" the older Knight asked, as he joined Mezzanie within the adjacent corridor. "What were you doing within the Abbey between your return from afar, until that time before you slept?"

    Mezzanie shot the man an incredulous look. Were they suspecting her of doing something to Mother Superior? While she might not have cared for the older woman, she certainly wouldn't have done anything to harm her.

    "The last two nights?" she asked, "Last night I was busy doing dishes here at the Abbey. And the night before last I was in travel between Manrenthain and Quandanlore. Why do you wish to know?"

    The woman furrowed her thin brows. This was all very strange...

    TAG: GM
  24. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 3, 2006
    star 6
    **GM Approved**

    Name: Merek Therosis (Picture)

    Species: Human

    Gender: Male

    Age: 34

    Faction: N/A (Assassin)

    Home: Manrenthain

    Place of Birth: Manrenthain
  25. JediMasterBranondias Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2003
    star 2
    **GM Approved**

    Character Sheet:

    Name: Crispin Devaroe

    Species (Lifeform): Half-Human/Half-Aquatic [operates normally above ground, but is most comfortable in the water]

    Gender: male

    Age: 24

    Faction (Allegiance): Neutral

    Home: Q-47

    Place of Birth: Y-48


Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.