main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic *** THE ULTIMATE HOCKEY THREAD!***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Hockey?? Bah, its average on grass I suppose. You want to get into a real game..Football. And I mean real Football, not that thing the americans moan about, where they hold it and run a yard and stop for ads.

Yes the sport of kings, the beautiful game! The Mighty Liverpool FC, my thats a team

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    At least you admit it's fake.

It's not fake. It's scripted. There's a difference.

Would you call a Broadway play "fake"?

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    When it's scripted and passed off as real, I call it fake. :p

Just ruffling your feathers, man. :D

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    It's a TV show, same as any other. They havn't tried to pass it off as a "real sport" since the early 90's. :p

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    My grandfather still thinks it's real. He watches it religiously.

6. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    returning to the title purpose for this thread... i am currewntly trying to get into a pro league here.. (the uhl)... and also trying to get eligibility for the ncaa to play for a university here

7. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    LOL, Rambles, i think you mean soccer :p

EDIT: AT60, i know. i was trying to be the spam king-weirdo that i am, by turning this into a biting thread, but some ppl just dont get the hint *rolls eyes, bites AT60*. :p

8. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    You havn't seen me when Vancouver loses, DOY.

I HAVE! I'm still scarred for life *shivers violently*

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    That was just a regular season game, Tammy. Merely a preview of what's to come if they lose a playoff game. I get violent. ;)

Last year, in the first round, Vancouver beat Detroit twice, then Detroit came back and beat Vancouver 4 times in a row. I still passionately hate them for it. :p

10. Bucket

Bucket Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    I say we get rid of all the American hockey teams and only have Canadian teams. I mean, we ARE the first nation of hockey, right?

All I can say is that I was disappointed when Halifax didn't get an NHL team a few years back when they were trying to...but every now and then we do host an NHL game there.

11. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    as far as having american hockey teams... i think that there shouldnt be any teams where id doesnt get cold enough outside to have ice... i.e. dallas, florida... but in say... michigan, minnesota, and massachusetts, where some DAMN GOOD HOCKEY PLAYERS are grown, the it should be allowed... you have to admit... there are some DAMN GOOD players from michigan, minnesota, and mass.

12. Bucket

Bucket Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Okay....but Florida? Los Angeles? Get rid of em.

13. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    i really dont know what the deal with the nhl teams going to the warm states... cept, that is where the money is... california (with the l.a.megatropolous)... and places like that... but it isnt right... i mean, montreal, toronto, detroit, chicago, boston, and new york will in my mind forever be the "prime hockey cities"... why... because the league started in those cities, and look how it bloomed. you can put an nhl hockey team ANYWHERE in canada... but not anywhere in the states... if sussex, N.B. got a team... i would be more glad that the team went there instead of... no offence tammy... Florida. the only reason they are in florida is because that is where a cash flow is... now, you may say... where the HE** is sussex, N.B.?... my point exactly... it is a little itty bitty town in the butt crack of new brunswick... but my point is... it will be more loved in sussex, than in florida.

14. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    anywho... i started this thread not as a bash the different nations hockey topic... i just wanted to have a good ol fasioned everyone loves hockey... lets talk about it thread
    if i have in any way offended anyone... im sorry

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    it will be more loved in sussex, than in florida.

Amen. Americans just don't appreciate the greatness of hockey. If you're not rioting, you're not taking hockey seriously enough. ;)

16. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    *clings to her precious love for NFL football and looks ahead past the pain of the knockin of her state to this Sunday, when her beloved Tampa Bay Bucs take the Superbowl championship*

17. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    #1 AMEN TAMMY... but enough with the FOOTBALL INA THE HOCKEY THREAD!... lol
    #2... why do canadians feel that americans can never be as good as canadians in hockey.... just because of where we are from?

(note... not said in a tempermental, miffed, hot attitude... just calmly curious... thats all)

18. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    and as for americans cant appreciate hockey... that hurts man... im american, and i appreciate hockey VERY much....

EDIT: you dont need to go as far as rioting to be "talking hockey seriously enough"...

19. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Have you ever rioted because your team lost? No? Then you don't appreciate hockey enough. ;)

Spanky, when I wink ;) I mean I'm kidding, OK? When I stick my tongue out :p it means I'm teasing.

Hey, don't forget I'm European. I have hockey and football to riot over. Stay outta my way! :p

#2... why do canadians feel that americans can never be as good as canadians in hockey.... just because of where we are from?

[image=http://espn.go.com/media/oly/2002/0224/photo/s_fleury_ht.jpg]

Any further questions? :p

20. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    lol, okay buddy... i wasnt for sure... i just wanted to make sure... i thought that the wink was a hint of a joke... like i said... just makin sure.

and i am assuming that the football you are referring to is the "real" football... known as soccer for some reason

21. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    that doesnt really proove anything... i mean, it took canada 50 years to get that medal.... and they DARN WELL deserved it too.... not because they were better than the states.... but because they had WAY BIGGER HEARTS than anyone else did...

EDIT... that still didnt answer my question

22. SpankysGirl

SpankysGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    yeah, I mean... just look at how excited your girlfriend was when they won ;)

23. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    i just want to know why most canadians think that i (whos life basically is hockey...) will never EVER be as good... or... God forbid even better than a canadian... no matter how good i am

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    that still didnt answer my question

Do I need to post a picture of one of the medals itself? :p

that doesnt really proove anything... i mean, it took canada 50 years to get that medal....

Quiet, you. :p

25. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.